Traditional Sunday roast beef dinner with all the trimmings

Traditional Sunday roast beef dinner with all the trimmings.

How can other nations even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A8syQeFtBKc
youtube.com/watch?v=xIvcCwHLvtA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dripping_cake
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks like a microwaved hungry man meal

Lovely stuff

Beef is overcooked

this desu

>le_desperate_sweating_man.jpeg

It's a roast, not a steak.

>three (3) Yorkshire puddings

F A T C U N T
A
T
C
U
N
T

What's the bowl looking thing ?

that's a yorkshire pudding

highly overrated

dinner roll is goat.

Obsessed.

Quite possibly the most overrated meal on the planet.

When it's prepared as poorly as OP I agree.

Even when done really well it's barely more than palatable.

Most britbongs who get excited about it do so because it's "comforting" it reminds them of childhood/home/mum/some other shit. Objectively you could be doing a lot more with that meat than baking it in an oven

yorkshire pudding isn't bad, and it's only really over rated by the english who have a weird degree of pride over their food which is mid-tier at best.

>barely more than palatable.

Sorry it's not all Beluga caviar and bluefin tuna washed down with a 75-year old Single Malt, user.

>>Objectively you could be doing a lot more with that meat than baking it in an oven

sure you could. But would those other things be better?

kek you are so utterly wrongt

>Sorry it's not all Beluga caviar and bluefin tuna washed down with a 75-year old Single Malt, user.

No reason why not user.

> sure you could. But would those other things be better?

They could scarcely be worse. a raost dinner is a meal that is thrown at cooker and left there. It's really not that interesting, or tasty. But people get emotional over it.

American here. Yorkshire puddings are god-tier, especially when they soak up the juices from the roast & some of the gravy.

Sadly, the traditional British Roast seems to be suffering from the same kind of crap that plagues our "Thanksgiving" meal. Inept cooks cook the meat improperly. Laziness results in shitty canned vegetables being served. Gravy from a packet mix instead of being made from scratch, and so on.

I'm absolutely correct. It's practically destroying food. There's just a ridiculous nationalistic importance attached to it.

Basically it's food for the culinary retarded, but despite tasting poor it makes people happy. Like McDonalds or some other crap.

>not that interesting, or tasty

it's just simple. simplicity is interesting in itself because it draws attention to the quality of the limited set of ingredients. and to say a slice of well seasoned, well browned, tender beef with mustard and horseradish, good gravy, crisp potato and buttery vegetables is not tasty you have to have eaten a bad pine nut or have the flu or some shit.

Sunday roast is the ultimate lazy meal. That's how it came about. So people could put food on and go to church without attending to it.

>It's practically destroying food.

what on earth are you talking about? it's cooking with a very light touch compared to many other types of food.

>Basically it's food for the culinary retarded, but despite tasting poor it makes people happy. Like McDonalds or some other crap.

i get that you're just trying to play devil's advocate but this is such a poorly argued proposition it's just boring.

>when people pretend they know what they're talking about

It's just very, very bland poor quality food.
Hence requiring the strong tasting condiments in order to make it in the least flavoursome.

throw in the term 'poor quality' where it doesn't belong some more.

a good cut of beef is already, in itself, not bland. same with everything else that goes into the meal, apart from the yorkies really.

You are wrong in every possible way

>i get that you're just trying to play devil's advocate but this is such a poorly argued proposition it's just boring.

It is genuinely shit food. I get the whole British beef fucktardery but baked beef is not in any way something to be proud of.

i only ever braise beef

what's the best cut for proper oven roasting?

>baked beef is not in any way something to be proud of.

not for people with reasonable culinary experience, no. but it *is* something to *enjoy*.

Hence slatering your oven baked meat in mustard, horseradish and heavily seasoned gravy in order that it taste like something other than the sole of the farmer's shoe I suppose?

Genuinely shit tier.

>but it *is* something to *enjoy*.

Quite. Due to reasons other than it's actual taste or culinary desirability. That I don't argue with.

>Not just eating an entire thing of yorkie puds

>Sunday roast is the ultimate lazy meal.

How so? If it's going to be any good then you're putting quite a lot of work into it. For me it's the very opposite of a lazy meal.

-meat is to be trimmed, tied, and browned in a skillet before it even goes into the oven.
-stock (for the gravy) and fat (for roasting the vegetables) must be prepared in advance.
-the timing of cooking the meat and the vegetables is critical, and complicated because they have different cooking times and temperatures.
-plenty of veggies that require peeling before they can be roasted
-making the batter for the yorkshires in advance, it needs to settle before being used. And then you have to get out some of the fat from the beef to put into the tray the yorkshires are roasted in. (and again, they have a different optimal cooking temp than the roast or the veggies so there's more oven-juggling going on)
-removing the excess fat from the roasting tray and actually preparing the gravy (deglazing, thickening, reducing)

That's a fuck of a lot more work than I'd want to do on a "lazy" day.

It's every chef's favourite meal you fat cunt

Kill yourself

> americunts unironically chatting shit about a sunday roast beef dinner
You fat pathetic fucks have gone too far

When properly done there's no need for mustard or horseradish.

It's just like a steak: get a good cut of meat and prepare it well and all you need is the meat itself. or perhaps a simple sauce made from the meat's cooking juices. Get a shitty steak and you need to break out the A1.

Just as how not all steaks are dry shoeleather that require steak sauce, not all roasts require horseradish.

traditional roast beef joint for most working/lower class homes in the UK is topside or silverside, which murrcans may know as the top and bottom 'round'. it gives those lean, solid slices you see in the pics and is usually cooked til brown and sliced thinly.

generally nicer options are rib cuts or a large sirloin. but it's not the same experience as a traditional sunday roast.

no. there are other reasons, but the taste and desirability is there in the first place to support them. i think you need to have one of mine m8.

>roast beef is bland
>because the way you eat it tastes too strong

no one but the inexperienced drowns out the flavour of their beef.

>When properly done there's no need for mustard or horseradish.

it's not about 'need'. it's a complimentary flavour.

> no roast potatoes
Not even a real roast

I don't know what you're meming about. I'm from the Southern US and have eaten many identical meals to the ones ITT

>generally nicer options are rib cuts or a large sirloin. but it's not the same experience as a traditional sunday roast.

Here. I'm living in the US but my family is half British. I've had "Sunday roasts" in England countless times and they always used a rib cut. The beef was basically the same thing we'd call Prime Rib here in the states.

I assumed that was normal since that was what my family & family friends always used. Are you implying that's an unusually fancy cut?

Looks like a stock image tbf

I don't find mustard or horseradish to be "complementary". I find them to be overpowering and totally dominating the taste of the meat.

That's because you're a fat greedy cunt that doesn't know when to stop adding things to a meal.

God, I used to eat this shit once a week. I mean, it's not bad. But my idiot English parents made a big fucking to-do about it, inviting people over to experience English "culture". I was mercilessly bullied because of this fucking meal.

of course we have a long historic tradition of using all parts of the animal, but for post war working class families i think a cut from the hind of the animal is generally more common. that's usually what you get at shitty carveries and school dinners and shit as well.

that's if they're overused, obviously you need a light touch. and also they can both vary massively in potency depending on how they're made.

Is that supposed to be beef wellington? God, she's so adorable.

ITT: Bong circle jerk over not having to eat canned meat & veg anymore. Plot twist: pic related

actually it's bongs rationally fending off potshots from culturally insecure americans mostly.

Just to get it out of the way

No, it's "Mexican food without chili", because chili apparently makes her ill. It's plain minced beef (boiled) in a tortilla, with no cheese because her son can't have cheese.

you better calm down buddy, before you hurt yourself

It's OK. They'll do something culturally/geopolitically relevant again soon. You can only ride on the coat tails of Shakespeare and the Navy for so long. They are and have been U.S. lapdogs since 1945. And now they serve the Kremlin by way of Washington. That's quite the achievement.

>in a 12 year old

>t. Americommie

I´m a brit living in Brazil and this is the best Sunday roast i can make here.

I can only get the stuffing and the Yorkshire puds packets when I go over to the UK, so it´s kind of a big deal when i make it.

>chicken is better than roast beef for Sunday lunch

What is with Britfags calling stuff pudding that isn't pudding?

>Yorkshire puds packets
Huh? Just make it, it's easy.

Enjoy getting buttfucked by the same Slav niggers that murdered your Queens family. We can shuck the Trump in 4 years. Your stuck. Win stupid games, win stupid prizes. The U.K. is dead.

the flour here in Brazil is crap, so the puds dont grow enough and ends up horrible

>premade stuffing and puds

look i get using paxo, but premade puds are just so not worth the disappointment. i can't think of anything in a roast that would be hard to find in hueland

>t. Amerikike

we invented the word you bellend, you just stopped using it for anything other than some supermarket product in a tub because that's what your whole fucking culinary culture is based around

so get imported flour.

take it easy, mr. high sugar content

Well, where are you getting packets? Could you get flour instead?

Пoлyчитe yдoвoльcтвиe кoнcepвы из мяca тoвapищa

not that easy to find

Like I said, when i´m back in the UK I buy a shit ton of stuff like food in packets. You guys dont get that the food here is not the same as in Europe or north america

>the British teeth meme again

Have you seen the absolute STATE of our own nation? I'm embarrassed to call myself American.

During WW2, as Germany was pushing their shit in daily, they couldn't make sweets. So parents began calling everything pudding so their children would think they were winning the war. Then America came and beat Germany and saved Europe and the Brits have been eating candy daily ever since. It's why their teeth are so messed up.

>t. American history teacher.

Then move to Europe where Achmed crashes trucks into crowds or beheads clergymen weekly.

would trade for a beef stew

youtube.com/watch?v=A8syQeFtBKc

youtube.com/watch?v=xIvcCwHLvtA

Heston showing why this meal is god tier if done properly. Roasted beef served with seasonal veg,dripping roasted potatoes, traditional yorkshire pud and a rich gravy is the ultimate comfort and social food on a cold day.

Putting spices and anything other than a little salt and pepper or a mustard crust on a nice piece of beef is retarded

The Irish have better teeth than martsharts?

Kind of. The Irish, being more closely related to turf than other human beings, actually have mouths of limestone, which begin ok, but over the years are worn down by insects, seasoned peat, potatoes and potato based products, leading to the skewing of statistics.

10/10 user.

Easily. I mean, that's a fine meal, don't get me wrong, but it's not even in the top hundred meals.

Any UK user that have tried this? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dripping_cake
It sounds appealing somehow.

No but I bet it's one of those things that's actually surprisingly good.

Looks like baby poop
I'm glad I'm American

Soggy bead is not pudding fuck you

>British "food"

>overcooked veg
>pre-made yorkshire puddings
>probably bisto gravy
>Mash instead of roasties
>no horseradish

try harder.

overcooked af

Better.

Looks great! Saag daal?

looks pretty good honestly
unless thats some kind of imperialism joke

Looks like soup...maybe a little less gravy?

Baby shit and chips.

so...its like a shittier version of having prime rib with popovers? I mean I guess it is a step above most other British cuisine like bangers and mash (FFS Germany can surely help you out with making a sausage that isn't just a grease tube) and baby food peas. Or those bland fish and fires you all seem obsessed with. I mean lets not forget the Brits imported food from India for good reason, it is why the indian dish modified to milder british tastes (chicken tika masalla) is probably the most popular dish over there.

"mushy peas"

Other nations? Is there a roastbeefistan now? Last time I checked every every ethnicity west of India has some kinda roast beef in their repotoire.

>every nation has potatoes therefore every dish that incorporates potatoes is the same
m8

>non-brit using half-baked information he gleaned from a sudanese peach-canning forum to speak like an authority on british food