Veeky Forums APPROVED BOOKS/RESOURCES

Post books for learning/educating yourself about math or other subjects, and we rate them.

Also, is pic related any good?

That is just a joke version of this one. The books are good but many of them are graduate level.

Also, this.

And this.

Where are all of the Veeky Forums posters? I expected more than this.

Is there a reason why /g/ textbooks always look like shit? Honestly, what's with the gay-ass pictures on the covers? Why not just have a clean cover with just the title and the author?

Not sure why learn you a haskell is always recommended, it is so bad. I feel like it is often recommended by people who don't actually understand haskell.

it should take you at most 5 pages into any of those books to realize you've been pranked

When you come to Veeky Forums, keep no expectations

QFT: Weinberg
GR: Wald

Don't settle for anything less than these

You fags better read all of this.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:dc3f817975680c54e3ed1a30018cabed97404dd4&dn=sci%20wikia%20textbooks&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fmgtracker.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.sktorrent.net%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969%2fannounce

Because the book's name is funny and /g/ is a bunch of memers

What does Veeky Forums think of C++?

>If you want to program
C++
>If you want to script
Python/Lua
>If you want to number crunch
Matlab/C++
>If you want to solve symbolic stuff
Maple/Matlab

>if you want to JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
PHP

the fluids book is shit, but the rest are p good

Is Lip Shits physics series for grads or undergrads after basic physics?

>sepplesfags
better kill yourself my man

These are the most important math classes to take for future employment. A physics/math guy needs to know his numerics. Nothing worse than a faggot who can only do things on paper.

and stay out

>not Burden and Faires for NA
>not Trefethen or Golub for NLA

Pleb/10

>numerics

Fucking disgusting.

Burden is shit numerical analysis text.
All of them are shit.

Is this the one with almost 900 books aproimately 16 gb? If not let me know and ill download it when i get home

>not R
>not C

consider suicide