How do I make amazing spaghetti? Sauce, prep, what do?

How do I make amazing spaghetti? Sauce, prep, what do?

Untwist the jar of store brand spaghetti sauce.
Pour it on some over cooked spaghetti in copious amounts.
Finish it with about 1.5 cups of store brand parmesan cheese powder.

knees weak

Buy some good quality sauce, some noodles, use whatever high rated meatball recipe you want, and serve it with garlic bread, coated on both sides. Parmesan optional.

Also fuck people saying make noodles and sauce from scratch, there is hardly any difference in taste.

Emeril's line of jarred sauces are god tier. Don't overcok your pasta but make sure it's all the way cooked. 15 minutes in boiling water

Lots of salt in pasta water.

Sauce: two tins of tomatoes, beef stock cube, quarter tin of water, basil, oregano. Cook low and slow

>can of dog food
>onions
>cheddar cheese

>Literally putting cinnamon in chili

raos is god tier.
Not worth the money tho

Rao's is good. But nigger I'm not paying that much for jarred sauce. If you want something convenient without having to make it yourself or fork out $8 or more for a jar of sauce Emeril's is actually the best, not even memeing. It costs a little few cents more than Prego or Ragu but is much better. It isn't as good as those $9 a jar sauces, but it doesn't cost anywhere near $9 a jar.

Newman's Own is comparable in price and quality but personally I think Emeril's is a better sauce.

emerils is not better than raos.
That incudes their resteraunts

How much does a jar of Rao's sauce cost? I'm not saying Emeril's is higher quality, if price weren't an object id take it over Emeril's. But Rao's isn't worth the price.

Why so so many people here buy sauce in a jar? I'm not entirely against packaged foods, but tomato sauce is one of the quickest, easiest things you can make in the kitchen. You can make your sauce with just 10 minutes of prep time, and then stick it in jars yourself and it's good for a week or two.in the fridge. You can prepare a simple sauce in the time it takes your pasta to boil.

Do you guys just really hate cooking?

Silver Palate is best jarred sauce.
If you dump a pound of hot italian sausage in it pretty much anything is gonna taste good.

i got it on sale once for $3

ive eaten at raos alot tho

If it wasn't so absurd, you would almost think they were shilling. But it's doubtful tomato sauce producers are paying people to shill on a Southern Louisiana worm farming forum.

Let me take it from here.
First, prepare hot water in a pot and wait till it boils.
Meanwhile prepare your own sauce: you are gonna need cherry tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, a tin of anchovies, capers (salted one, so clean them before cooking), and if you like some cayenne pepper and one segment of garlic.
Fill a wide pan with 1mm of oil (you are gonna need some but not too much, that's the secret), and then put garlic in, turn on a low fire and let it cook for 3-4 minutes till the garlic becomes golden, then pull it out and throw it away, now take the anchovies ot of the tin and put them in the oil and let them melt, but watch out to not fry them...the olive oil must be hot but non too much, so if they fry remove the pan from the fire.
Then cut all the cherry tomatoes in halves, if you want you can remove the seeds from the inside, and then put them in the pan with the capers as well.
The trick is to make them wither in the hot oil, but like the anchovies, you must not let them fry. When they are done, turn off the fire underneath the tomato pan and leave them rest, they will let the juices out and that will make your pasta super tasty.
Now, put a fistful of salt in the boiling water, and the put the spaghetti to cook. Best spaghetti you could buy are the Gragnano one, so look for them.
You must cook them till they are still a little bit hard, so pull them out of the water one minute before they are done, and put them in the tomatoes pan, then turn the fire back on and finish to cook them there for the last minute-minute and a half.

Then serve it and prepare to get laid with all the girls you will let taste this recipe.

Once you have mastered this recipe, you can preceed to try the version of it with fresh seafood.

Spaghetti is just a type of pasta, not a specific dish. Fucking idiot.

>Then serve it and prepare to get laid with all the girls you will let taste this recipe.
At least both of you will have horrendous breath.

>one segment of garlic

Nope, if you don't cut the garlic and leave it whole in the hot oil, it won't leave you with bad smell, but will give a hint of flavour to the oil.
if you like you can use instead of the garlic a shallot, or not use them at all. As you prefer.

What?

What, what?

>one segment of garlic

What's wrong with that?
I used a fucking translator for that word, I don't know how to say that...ahahaha

>all These Burgers raving about jarred sauces

Vomit.exe

Anglos really are subhuman

It's called a clove of garlic

The fuck you mean make spaghetti? Spaghetti is an ingredient in a number of dishes, there's no dish called "spaghetti" unless you're poor and eat literally just spaghetti. How do you figure we know what dish you want to make?

Thanks man, I'll keep it in mind.

No problem man

There is a huge difference in taste, you make me sad. At least cook your garlic, onions and meat yourself, user. Please.

I had scratch made pasta for the first time not too long ago and the texture is completely different. There's a springiness to the center and a softness to the outside that's difficult to describe in any way other than delicious.

Yeah, but red sauce sounds fucking retarded in english.

I make batches with about 1kg/2.2lbs meat. Sometimes beef, sometimes lamb.

I haven't used store bought sauce in years. So much more satisfying to make your own from scratch, and whatever is left over I do pic related with. Tomorrow night all I have to do is boil some pasta, heat this bag up, grate some cheese then it's ready to serve.

-1lb of Barrila brand dry spaghetti
-16 oz jar or prego/ragu classic marinara tomato sauce
-1/3rd a 2lb bag of frozen tyson pre-made meatballs
1/2 ~1 cup kraft 'parmesian' cheese product

1 frozen loaf of kroger brand garlic bread

1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
10oz bottle of kraft ranch dressing
optional:
12oz bag of sliced cabbage, carrots,
2~4 diced hard-boiled eggs
4~8oz shredded cheddar cheese

served with your choice of mott's apple juice, minute maid orange juice, welch's grape juice, or dairy gold 2% milk.

do you homework, be in bed by 9, and make sure to brush your teeth.

>from scratch
do you grow the cows next to the tomatoes?

No, but I buy the ingredients separately and make my own sauce. Enjoy your store bought hfcs loaded shit tier Walmart sauce, pleb

Just quit calling it "from scratch" when you didn't make it from the beginning. It's not impressive, it's lying

How about you fuck off?

from scratch

Fig.[making something] by starting from the beginning with the basic ingredients. (*Typically:bakesomething~; dosomething~; makesomething~; Start(something) ~.)We made the cake from scratch, using no prepared ingredients. I didn't have a ladder, so I made one from scratch.

autism in motion

When you have finished the pasta, pour a spoonful of oil on top of it that way the pasta isn't going to stick.

I've cooked every shape of pasta, fresh and dried, often in pots too small at least a dozen times and it has never stuck together. I don't understand how so many people are getting sticky pasta.

Make ragu bolognese. Simple ingredients, simple process, it's delicipus and tastes way more complex than it really is, and you get lots of leftover for another time. Here's the recipe for authentic bolognese:

Get 1 jar or Prego
Brown 1lb beef & pour prego into beef pan
Boil water, don't add salt!
Add some EVOO to the water so the noodles don't stick
Once water boils, cook spaghetti until it sticks to the wall when you throw it
Strain the spaghetti and rinse it under cold water
Put spaghetti on plate, add a glob of sauce directly over the white spaghetti
Top with shredded cheddar

Hope your dick doesn't fall off from all the pussy you'll be plowing.

>1 jar of Prego
Nah

Flouride and estrogen in the water, it's making frogs gay and pasta sticky

Guys, are you not supposed to have carrot and celery in an Italian sauce? I was under that impression anyway. Or is that just for Bolognese?

All this bullshit about sauce, but spaghetti is a cheap meal that's supposed to be easy. If you want to go all out with impressive cooking, dont make fucking spaghetti.
Jarred sauce is fine, and all pasta is the same. The only thing to differentiate here is a nice meatball, and those are easy too. Half beef, half pork, veal if that floats your boat. Mix with milk, bread, egg and spices you like, roll and bake. There you go, the meatballs make it a real meal. But stop trying to go all gourmet on spaghetti, its a cheap, bulky meal for poor families.

woooooosshhh

It can be a cheap poor slop of a meal if you want, but it can also be one of the nicest meals you eat all week if made with a monochrome of care.
Just because it reminds you of your mom's shit cooking doesn't mean we all have to associate it with gutter trash like you do.

>making tomato sauce
>going all out
You can prepare one in 3 minutes.

>Monochrome

Uh

Did you mean "modicum"?

my family makes homemade spaghet sauce that's really great and not too difficult.
i don't remember some parts of it but here's what I do:

two of:
onions
green peppers
tomato paste cans

like four tomato paste, average cans stewed tomatoes, big cans tomato sauce

package or two mushrooms
pound or two ground beef

cut the veggies and meat up
throw all the canned shit in a pot
Italian seasoning
somehow maneuver and cook the veggies and meat in the sauce
(ngl this will take hours)
baking soda to lower acidity
pepper

cook your spaghetti Al dente

bam

will update if I remember or find out the whole thing if you guys want.

it's the best meat sauce I've ever had

it also makes enough sauce for like a fucking army

I think he meant "chromosome"

My girlfriend is picky as fuck and won't let me buy anything other than prego.
I'm pretty sure she's just hinting at something else, though.

Really? I just called it a leaf

I read it's called the holy trinity of Italian sauce

whatever you do
add a sprinkle of brown sugar to your sauce

Fast, easy sauce:

-1/2 minced onion and 3 minced garlic cloves into a small bit of oil
-saute
-pour in can of tomato sauce
-salt, pepper, and any mildly appropriate spices you want (parsely)
-a small bit of honey to cut the tartness
-a small bit of water from the pasta that you were cooking simultaneously to thicken it a bit
-if you have fresh basil, throw in either whole leaves or julienne leaves like two minutes before you take it off the heat

Am I the only one that adds sour cream / crème fraîche to spaghetti with tomato sauce?

PAN HOT

KNOB OF BUTTAH

Because it's difficult to get good tomatos out of season, and jarred sauce is incredibly convenient and won't go off if you leave it in the fridge unopened for like a month.

I'd rather spend a day making "home made" sauce (from tinned plum tomatos) because the product is superior in every way, but If I get a wild hair up my ass for pasta while I'm at work I can pick up a jar of sauce, a box of pasta, and a pound of sausage on the way home and have it done before sundown.

basically, sauce recipe is an abstract idea. there are the basic pillars of sauce which are the tomatoes and the onions. You can make a killer sauce with literally tomatoes, onions, and a little olive oil. i can go on and on about the prep but i will say this, oregano is NOT for any sort of spaggot, oregano is for pizza sauce. use basil dammit

Get out

Use Vermicelli or Angel Hair instead of Spaghetti

First of all, cook some spaghetti.
Then make a sauce using mirepoix, garlic, 'maters, and some legumes or meat. Add some stock (beef, chicken, or vegetable, preferably home-made, in any case).
Here's my attempt at doing this.

Is tomato sauce supposed to be sweet or savory?
When I cooked mine it was far too sweet, how can it make it more savory?

probably the type of tomato you are using

anchovy paste.

I just heat up my Ragu flavored with meat
Cook spaghetti
Cook my beef
Throw it all in together
And call it a day

Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add a dash of vegetable oil. Open the packet of ramen and put into the pot, allow to cook for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Put the seasoning back in the cabinet and forget about it for 5 years until you have someone come over and ask why you have so many ramen flavor packets.

As noodles cook, preheat your countertop convection oven to 400 degrees American. Fashion a small bowl out of aluminum foil and place on oven's backing pan. Once noodles are done, strain and use a knife to cut the wad of noodles in half, adding one half into the foil pan in a thin layer. Grate 1/4 of a stick of mozzarella string cheese over this layer, cover with remaining half of noodles, then finish grating the rest of the string cheese over it, add some garlic on top if you're into that sort of thing. Bake until cheese begins to brown.

Scrap off onto paper plate and add salt. Pairs well with tap water and buttered bread.

Weep should the need arise.

I'll make you a cum omelette, from scratch.

>autism

After taking a business trip to Cincinnati about a year ago, I still every now and then think about how awful Skyline """""chilli"""""" was. Fucking Christ Cincinnati, get you're shit together.

Brown 2 of ground pork in a pan with 4 or 5 cloves of minced garlic, a teaspoon of red pepper flakes and a pinch of Italian seasoning, do not drain, add a can and a half of tomato paste, a cup of red wine and a tablespoon of red wine vinegar, turn the stovetop to low and let it simmer together for a few minutes. Add salt to taste Toss with rigatoni, sprinkle freshly grated Romano and fresh chopped flatleaf parsley over the top.

Guys, are you not supposed to have carrot and celery in an Italian sauce? I was under that impression anyway. Or is that just for Bolognese?

carrot is delicious in tomato sauce but I don't think it's obligatory.

Yes yes yes but how do you cut the carrots for tomato pasta sauce? Small cubes? Halved slices? Superthin strips?

Make sure to brown the tomato puree. In oil. A bit. In the frying pan. For flava!

Yeah, you want a small dice

>Yes yes yes but how do you cut the carrots for tomato pasta sauce?

However you want. Do you want the carrot pieces to sort of "dissolve" into the sauce with no real texture? Then cut them very fine.

Do you want the carrot pieces to be larger and have some texture when you bite into them? Then cut them larger. It's totally up to you.

Y U NO GRATED CARROT

>all this red sauce
>no one making a white sauce

Making your homemade white sauce, sautéing fresh mushrooms and spinach, then adding grilled chicken, shrimp, and fresh parmesan is the way to go my niggas.

If I'm making a little sauce, the knife is faster than digging out and washing the grater.

If I'm making a lot of sauce then I'm going to use the food processor instead.

Sorry for the retarded question, but here it is. How do you ensure spaghetti gets maximally covered in sauce? I mean, I have a plate and stir the spaghetti somewhat after I add the sauce, but the plate isn't too deep so I can't stir very hard. At the same time I don't want to mix it in a pan or something like that because in the too much sauce is left on the bottom, so I just wipe it with a piece of bread and also have to wash the pan afterwards.

I read somewhere that you need to add spaghetti TO sauce, not the other way round, so that it gets evenly covered in it. But this requires a whole pan of sauce. What's the best solution if I use a jar from a store?

Fuck that ragu shit in a jar. Tomato paste, spices, a bit of sugar and some butter. Simple and cheap.

You... you heat the sauce, right?
Just toss the pasta in the pan you're warming the sauce, roll it through, and then pull it out.
Alternatively, if you want to be lazy, cook and drain the pasta, toss it back in the pot you cooked it in, throw in as much sauce as you feel appropriate and stir it around until it is all warm.
Also, have some self respect and throw some basil into the jar of sauce. Fresh is better, dry is better than nothing.

This recipe is great. Would eat.

>sometimes mom cooks pasta on weekend
>just uses store bought sauce which is pretty good
>always want to pour some red wine in to make it """better"""
>pours it in after the sauce goes in to warm
>always pours way too much in
>doesn't let it cook off at all
The sauce always ends up a watery soup at the bottom of the plate with barely anything on the pasta.

When I make pasta (usually making the sauce myself too) it never ends up that way.

I always ask her not to drown the sauce in red wine but she never listens.

>brown sliced mushrooms and diced onions
>add your choice of green
I usually have kale on hand but spinach is easier to chiffonade or otherwise cut uniformly
>salt
>add butter and cooking oil to pan
>sauté
>add store-bought pasta sauce, red wine, butter, your choice of grated white cheese, salt, pepper, and herbs
I use sage and thyme for this
>stir to combine
>cook until desired consistency is attained

Maybe it's cash and maybe I'm trash

>bolognese sauce - piece of piss;

- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 Carrot, peeled and grated (Yes, as in a cheese grater)
- 1 Onion, either grated as above or finely diced if your okay with a knife.
- 400g passata
- 2 tsb tomato puree
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 large tomatoes - skin taken off, roughly chopped.
- Fresh / dried oregano (Whatever you have / can get)
- Fresh / dried coriander
- 2/3 bayleaves
- Dash of Worcester sauce
- Dash of mild hot sauce
- Small amount of either single cream or whole milk.
- I prefer to use a good size steel saute pan, as it gives me plenty of room to fry the veg & meat, but i can simmer in it easily.

The shit;

1. Heat pan over medium, add oil of choice (I use coconut for 99% of cooking)
2. Add in grated onion and carrot, sweat off until onion is translucent and carrot is softened. Add 2 cloves of the garlic (Finely chopped or pressed), and sweat off lightly
3. Add in broken up mince, break up as much as possible in the pan fry until all brown, the pan should be building up a light fond in the bottom (Sticking brown bits) This is good. If the mince is giving off a lot of liquid (Fat + water) Your a faggot for using bad quality mince. Fix it by soaking a good bit of it up with kitchen towel. It doesn't need to be completely dry, a good bit of the juice is needed for flavour, but it shouldn't be swimming.
4. Add pasatta, and if your using dried herbs add them now. Add in the bayleaves.
5. Add the tomato in, it gives a lighter acidity than the passata and compliments it. You could add some from a tin of chopped tomatoes, but be careful the sauce doesn't get too watery. If it does just cook for a bit longer to reduce. Add a bit of salt and pepper.
6. Simmer for around 20 mins (or until reduced nicely)
7. Add dash of Worcester & hot sauce (Small bit)
8. Taste, it will more than likely be a bit acidic. Add in SMALL amounts of the single cream / whole milk until its nice and balanced out. Don't add sugar for a quick fix.
9. Fresh herbs if using

Additional to the above because the stupid post limit wont let me fit it in.

Fry off the tomato puree for a minute before adding in the passata.

Service with any pasta. Grate a bit of parmisan over if you want. But use it like a seasoning.

Add anything else in if you want veg wise.

spagetti is just the pasta
you boil it with a pinch of salt till it's dente

if you mean spagetti bolognaise and want to make a western version (because lmao the authentic recipe is average)

1. make sure you have good quality passata, if it's too sweet, too acidic or watery you are setting yourself up for failure

2. use much more oil when you cook the onions, and put the onions in before the garlic; not at the same time
3. use more salt

4. one bay leaf is enough for three litres of sauce, the flavor comes out over time especially with fresh bay

5. stop overcooking the damn spagetti, if anything it should be FIRMER than dente because...

6. you cook the pasta in the sauce before you serve it, only shmucks pour the sauce on top

7. carrot,stock, worstechire sauce, vinegar, chilli are your call, but all three can add sweetness (yes even chilli)

8. add a medium/medium light red wine to de-glaze the pan after cooking the meat
I have seen some chefs use stock

this is a good recipe

source:FOH in an italian restaurant

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go (go)
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime (yo)
You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go (go)
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime (yo)
(You better)

It is indeed.
It's super easy, doesn't require many ingredients, doesn't require any kind of skill, just a little bit of caution when cooking the tomatoes, and it's super tasty.
Plus it's healthy.