Mexican food in your town

What does Mexican food in your town look like ? Mexicans and non-mexicans welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/watch-street-vendor-make-dish-6560370
youtube.com/watch?v=2-e-K2Izww8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Recently moved out of California. This is the one thing I miss.

Well, this and being able to cross the border for the best tacos you'll ever eat.

There is no such thing as good Mexican food in Oregon.

i didn't know there was such a thing as mexican food
in Oregon

They sure try, but it's depressing.

Their version of the California uses tater tots instead of fries, and no guac.

I tried ordering carne asada fries and got a piece of meat with a side of fries, and a bowl of Pico.

I meant to type "their version of the California burrito"

what is that around the edges?

looks like raw chicken breast

or autistic shrimp cuts

There's decent Mexican food in NYC but you gotta search it out

how to serve mexicans....or mexican food?

El Guero Canelo, OP?

that's not even accurate.

Scallop

>Going to NYC for food.
>going to NYC for business
>going to Nyc...

That shit is fucking retarded. If they served me that fucking thing on my plate I'd get up and ask why they decided to put another tostada's-worth of toppings on just one, then drown it in juice and serve with uncooked scallops.

I don't care if it's, what I hope is, some shithead's version of ceviche. Just gimme something I can eat normally.

>Aguachile
>Not patrician tier

That's not aguachile you fucking retarded. Look at OPs filename. Unless it's an aguachile tostada, in which case I might as well start making and selling soup sandwiches since we can just make whatever the fuck we want nowadays.

The aguachile is outside of the tostada, m8

This is the correct answer

Agua chile is bullshit as its a pathetic attempt at making ceviche without several ingredients

Lets charge for an incomplete dish all you need to do is call it something else

These tourist will never know

living in a bad part of town between civilization and nogsville, this stretch is little Tijuana and there are about 10 Mexican restaurants in a 10 block radius, not to mention about 10 additional taco trucks.

Lot's of pupusas, chicirones are the favorite. pretty good and served with a savory and very mild tomato/pepper sauce.

plenty of tacos, usually a $1.50 4 or so make a decent meal. there are usually stations that have a couple green and red chili sauces, raw onions, radishes and sometimes lime or gardinera.

burritos and tortas always have mashed pinto beans in them. avocado on a lot of things is somehow fresh and i have no idea how. local place serves a mean camarones (shrimp) burrito.

I live in colorado, and most of the mexican sit-down restaurants have half of the menu as seafood, which is about double the price of everything else. Beer cocktails with shrimp, clamato, cucumber and tomato sauce served with saltine crackers is pretty popular (I forget what those are called. mocahetes?)

If you get the chance, order a 'vampiro.' it is a cocktail with 'sanguinar tequila' basically a low proof, bright red spirit with tequila, ancho chili powder, lime and ice with a tamarind straw or spoon in it. it's a bit sweet and a bit savory, kinda like an afternoon bloody mary.

mexican people fuck up your order if you don't stick to the menu, maybe a language barrier, maybe they just don't give a fuck; probably both.

all mexican breakfast is either a ham/bacon/chorizo burrito or chorizo and eggs with tortilla. all of it.

pretty awesome because I'm near a gigantic South American population.

Mexican, Brazillian, Columbian, Argentinian, etc. It's all good.

There are more ingredients in aguachile than ceviche you dumbshit.

He's probably from some flyover town. Aguachile is almost always better than Mexican ceviche.

Los Angeles

Sure your right

Who ever gave you ceviche did you wrong what else
Its funny that you think otherwise but no matter this is an anonymous board and you are welcome to spew whatever bullshit and see who bites even though its not even any kind of troll but then again what can be expected from any sort like yourself

Whoa a double dose of faggotry

Kek

You guys kill me honest you do aguachile is not only better than ceviche it has even more ingredients

Holy shit this is a new low even for this board anyhow lets here even more nonsense and make it quick because this is causing me great laughter and i dont want it to wain any time soon

So please go on

What part of Mexico are you from?

#1 is a taco, chile releno, beans and a guac salad.
Everywhere, it's all the same

Poor you

I live in Jalisco and our food is overrated. Our best food comes from Oaxaca and Ensenada

>australia

well there's a bunch of probably amerishit franchises that have opened up here in the last decade that sell really run of the mill "mexican" fast food at restaurant prices. They all suck.

>$20 for a burrito with a side of lettuce

Que te importa pendejo es lo que me pregunto

>what part of mexico are you from

Are you scared to admit you're from a flyover town?

Whats up san diego bro?

being this relevant to how many more ingredients are found in aguachile vs ceveiche

Because you are from a flyover town that has never tried proper seafood. I'm 100% you're from some central Mexican shithole that serves shit like this

mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/watch-street-vendor-make-dish-6560370

This is out in Covina instead of my city but it's pretty much the same. Southern california, it's a lot of the random cheap shit but it tastes delicious.

You almost don't see Mexican restaurants in chile, mostly supplies for tacos.

Street tacos are best tacos. I live in tucson and it's recently what I have been craving every weekend after a couple beers. Carne asada street tacos aww yeah. Shit even the taco trucks have their own chilled salsa bars to boot.

>chicirones

It's not really that hard to find.

Name some

t. ranchero nigger
Only your digusting poor parientes eat the shit in the article, btw the top restaurants are in cdmx and even your fellow ranchero niggers came here to offer his cuisine.

here. I live in the heights and most small mom and pop mexican spots are good (El Pitallito on 161st-ish is my go to just becuase I live around there). People like Taqueria Tlaxcalli and La Morada in the bronx, and the now brooklyn el atoradero. That beign said, besides the annoyingly crowded Los Tacos #1 in chelsea market I'm not sure about places in lower Manhattan generally though (apparently there's on in a garage on the west side that's pretty good? idk i haven't checked itout).

encinitas here gonna grab juan for laaaaunch

guisados?

I wasn't really a fan

wouldn't call it the best but it hits the spot

There's a seafood sister of Los Tacos 1 in the Chelsea Market

And there probably some good places in the East Village

That chicken is under cooked

>youtube.com/watch?v=2-e-K2Izww8
>Guanajuato

You Central Mexicans are savages.

>tfw New York will be a destination for Mexican in a few years

If you happen to be near la Gish Bac is the place to go.

It already has a lot of good stuff, but it's mostly Puebla cuisine so there's not that much variety

I hear what y9u new yorkers and east coasters have to say over the last couple years and its all around lame to be honest

Just come down to mexico and have a great time that is after all of this "gasolinazo" shit blows over .... Btw that cancun shit is beyond ordinary and much more of a one time thing, either way mexico is great just get away from these damned tourist areas

>.. Btw that cancun shit i
What is cancun shit?

You live in a city where many Mexicans want to distribute their food/restaurants. Enrique Olvera is just the start. Los Mariscos is top tier Mexican in the US

Greasy slop on a plate, no fresh ingredients, no heat whatsoever. Really, the greatest shit in the World.

>Enrique Olvera

fuck i wanna go to cosme so bad

South Texas

Pretty good considering it's made by actual Mexicans.

>Texas Mexican food
Living in San Antonio never made me realize how low-key insulting the restaurant owners can be sometimes.

I'm Mexicsn too (from East US ironically) and if I walk in I'm treated like a son and assume I know all about the food (regardless of whether or not I do). Some white family comes in and they start shilling tex-mex because they assume that's all they can handle.

Racist as fuck but I'm not complaining cuz I got mine. I'd feel bad but my tacos de lengua drowns out my conscience.

>he's never had ceviche

Louisville

Caldo de res at a taqueria near me

Looks basic as fuck, user.

Like this

>Mole
>Mariscos
>Tacos

That's all you need

I live in NYC and it definitely is a great place for Mexican food these days. Also lots of Mexiqts

I live in my country's second largest city and I find that we're sorely lacking in the non tex-mex department. If you can cook mexican food I'd reckon that there's a big chance that you would end up running a fine and lucrative business.

I've had ceviche and it's meh tier food. I wasn't saying mexican food is bad I was saying mexican food where I live is shit tier awful stuff and you could make better at home without any mexican ingredients; it's that bad.

Ceviche isn't even Mexican

Decent, but it's all from Pueblo

This dish is $8.50

TACOZ

Everyone with taste knows the best ceviche is Peruvian ceviche.

t. Peruvian

Aguachile is fucking popular even among Mexicans you pleb.
t.spic

PerĂº, fuck off plz

Thats why you try aguachile.

Sorry but I'm not into raw fish much.

Your loss, raw fish is amazing

>Pleb

Get on my level

VIP seating in the series final tied in the 12 inning

Aguachile is delicious