How do I convince my dad that homoeopathy is a meme...

How do I convince my dad that homoeopathy is a meme? He is denying alopathic treatment and wants only homoeopathic treatmemt and his condition is worsening day by day.

what illness
do you know why he wants homeopathic 'treatment'?

Prepare and drink an R40 preparation of your own urine and shout "now I am become piss" in his face

you can't fix other people unless they want to be fixed. welcome to how shit life is

Tell him to find you a scientific article explaining homeopathy. Him doing his own research is going to convince him far more than anyone else can.

He 'believes' alopathy is a meme.

He uses a 50 year old book to self medicate. Apparenty he got well everytime he used homoepathic medicine. It wont change his beliefs

Down an entire bottle of homeopathic sleeping pills. Stay awake.

If he doesn't trust science then there's no helping him. Conspiracy theories can never be proven wrong because the conspiracy always grows to include new contradictory information. Sorry for your loss but he's a lost cause.

>begin a thread asking for advice, when in reality OP has an 'answer' for every suggestion

Tell him you care very much, leave a stack of papers proving homeo is a meme (doesnt matter if he reads them) and exit his life for a while. Gotta stir up emotions to allow core beliefs to change.

I had an aunt who tried to cure fucking breast cancer with homoeopath.
Hope for placebo effect to work, nothing much you can do.

He cares about me so much that he doesnt let me take medicine that is not homeopathic. I have to take medicine without his knowledge. I hope he dies a painless death.

this isn't a conspiracy theory you moron. who's doing the conspiring?

OP, a good way to convince people is to ask them to explain in detail how the thing they believe works.

Show your dad an article on Breatharians. Ask him if he thinks Breatharians are retarded. When he says "Yes," tell him he is no different from them.

If he doesn't think Breatharians are retarded, then your father is too dumb to live and needs to die.

Tell him that homoeopathy was made by the devil to make him gay fight irrational with irrational

If you can appeal emotionally to him you could cry and tell him all you want is for him to get better, and homeopathy doesn't have any evidence for doing that

I like this one

this, 2bh. But first take a pill or two beforehand to make sure that they don't actually work

This, Religious/New Age bullshitters claim that ideas that contradict their own are the work of satan, and they will not fall to his deceitfulness.

Make up an argument on why homeopathy was made up by the devil to flush out holy water in your veins from visiting church and how you suddenly become sicker and sicker from doing it.

Placebo is a meme ?

Technically if it's actual homeopathy, downing the whole bottle could make it harder to sleep. "Like treats like", so it's probably microdoses of caffeine or cocaine or something.

give him some LSD and let him wake the fuck up

homeopathy may rely on "like treats like" but it also relies heavily on "like makes water like like" and "like water makes other water like like". It's probably diluted to the point that there isn't even a detectable level of whatever the "active" ingredient is.

The problem is, there's homeopathy, and then there's homeopathy. There's a weird split. The HPUS lists a lot of lower dilutions (like 1-6X), but some people take dilution to a bizarre extreme.

>someone who cares at all about plausible mechanisms, or can be persuaded to care, will embrace pseudoscience in the first place
Sorry user, but it just isn't so.

The placebo effect is a heightened vigilance for a particular symptom which makes it more likely someone experiencing the same thing will 1) become aware of it and 2) attribute it to the supposed causative agent.
It's not an actual psychogenic somatic effect.

do it James Randi style

get 100 homeopathic sleeping pills and chug them all at once with a few shots of vodka

when your family rushes you to a hospital, show the doctor the pill bottle and have a good laugh and a free lecture on why homeopathy is bullshit

Seconded. Do this,

Actually, on second thought. In homopathy effects should get stronger with smaller doses. So if he's bought in, lick one of the pills, and show that has no effect.

The joke goes; Heard about the Homeopath who died of an overdose ? - he forgot to take his pill.

>OP, a good way to convince people is to ask them to explain in detail how the thing they believe works.

This is wrong, it will only drive them into further cognitive dissonance, and they will move to block out all non-conforming data.

Buy a cognitive science book, by some semi reputable source, and get to work reading it. Dispense with all facts and move only to utilizing tried and true methods of slowly brainwashing/hypnotizing/persuading your father to use real medicine.

The answer to brainwashing isn't logic, its stronger more powerful brainwashing.

psychology is not science you retard

Tell him that homoeopathic looks like homoerotic and to stop being a fag

He's dead bros

>i have become piss
>destroyer of sexual intimacy

Let evolution run its course. Too bad he already passed on his genes.

tuck him in
let him die

This. My gran was a dr and she went homeopathic after she retired. I used to eat the things by the bottle.