Airport pizza / food

I'm at the airport eating Godfather's. It could be worse.

What' some notable pizza or other food you've had at airports?

Other urls found in this thread:

finecooking.com/item/64019/the-science-of-melting-cheese
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That burnt, oily crust and that fucking over-melted cheese.

I feel sick.

>over-melted cheese

I don't get it. Cheese can be burned, sure, but... over-melted? what is that?

Over-melted for the presented dish, which is sausage pizza. It looks tough and gross.

Airport food is too fucking expensive.

finecooking.com/item/64019/the-science-of-melting-cheese

Why do they give you packets of chemicals along side pizza in America?

It's standard for a pizza restaurant in the US to have "parmesan" cheese (assuredly fake), and ground red chili pepper in shakers on the table. Some have garlic powder as well.

...so when you get it delivered instead of dining in you get those same seasonings in little packets.

Do Dominos and pizza Hut do that? Because if they do, I have some complaints to file locally

I couldn't confirm to be honest. From my college days I remember that most delivery pizza came with little packets but I don't remember which places did or did not.

I haven't ordered a delivery pizza in well over a decade.

Thanks anyway m8

I like the burrito place at Charlotte-Douglas - the one in terminal E. They have awesome breakfast burritos too.

Dominos doesn't. Pizza Hut has it available when you sit down to eat and I'm sure supply it upon request. I can't recall any dominos having a legitimate dining area, at the most they have two tables at the front of the store, almost always utilized by the customer that had their order fucked up.

Nah friendo, it's usually just Papa Johns

Stay cool ;)

-Chef Lightning

A quick google image search confirms that Pizza hut has them. Though maybe you have to ask for them?

Stop shilling your sonic shit

I always wonder if anyone has ever sat and eaten a full meal at one of those little tables.

chicago style hot dog at Midway. holy shit

Seriously? You stopped to take a pic of your food? You even arranged all the little packets. How "cute" you are. I gotta wonder upon you guys... Do you ever feel shame about how pathetic you look to other people? Or are you too oblivious, retarded, slow and simple? Maybe you believe you're cool flashing around your phone? See lots of guys whip out their shiny cell-phone toys and flash it around. Sometimes they put it away so they can whip it out again cause cool is the only manhood they have.

Why would I care how I looked to strangers at the airport?

All pizza places in the US used to include parmesan cheese and red chili flake packets by default. They usually gave way too many and every american household ended up with a drawer full of them. A couple years ago domino's started charging for them and pizza hut and now papa johns will only provide them upon request.

Who papa johns /specialseasoning/ here?

Get over yourself dipshit. Kinda funny you're so riled up though. Looking forward to your reply :)

oh hell yeah. if they sold that shit in shakers I would buy it

I'm more wondering why you thought it was worthwhile to photo something as boring and lame as the pizza. What was the point exactly? I don't understand people's obsession with phone toys.

Why are you at the airport op? Where are you going?

The point of the thread was to discuss airport food and op took a picture of food at an airport.

The PGA restaurant at HNL was my latest airport food. The service is incredibly slow considering it's an airport, was a good thing I was over two hours early. $25 for salmon that took about 45 minutes to get to my table. Mixed drinks and strangers keep you company. Plenty of better options at HNL

I never met a Godfather's Pizza that I didn't like. Their taco pizza is wonderful, too.

Did you take your meds this morning user?

I should mention that the pork and polenta I received on the subsequent flight was of better quality than that salmon.

I deliberately don't eat in airports because I don't want to be that classless fucker who needs to shit on the plane.

I work for an airline and have easily eaten hundreds of meals at dozens of airports and can't think of anything worth mentioning. Maybe some of the places with $45 steaks and whatnot are all right, but that's not something I'd risk spending on airport food.

>being this self conscious

Kys

>Do you ever feel shame about how pathetic you look to other people? Or are you too oblivious, retarded, slow and simple?
I wonder the same thing about namefags.

>I wonder the same thing about namefags.

Hey now, friendo, gonna have to ask you to cut it out with the name calling. Any threads I participate in are rad and fun places.

Keep it lit friendos ;)

-Chef Lightning

Needing to poop = having no class?

Well, yeah. Especially if you could have just waited a few hours to eat like an adult. Airplane toilets are intended for children and emergencies.

I like the popeyes chicken at the lcc terminal in K.L

>flying coach

It really detracts from my first or business class experience when there's someone shitting just a few feet away from me in an enclosed space.

Can honestly say I've never worried about someone else's shit while sipping whiskey under the cover of my complentary blanket during flight. Could care less if they are smearing the entire bathroom with shit when I am that comfy.

i like role playing too, user :') it's okay

Hey there Kool Katz. Let's settle it down with all the arguing and fighting and agree to disagree. Why don't yall talk about something yall agree on, that will calm the water friendos!

Let me know if yall'd like any Kool advice!

-Chef Lightning

ya let's get some Kool advice then

Sure thing Kool Kat!

What would you like advice on? I've been known to give some RADACULOUSOME (rad + ridiculously + awesome) advice in my time on a wide range of subjects! :)

-Chef Lightning

I had the spiciest curry of my life at Sydney airport. They had one of those dumb fucking cards at the counter that shows different levels of spicyness with facial expressions. I'm pretty used to spice and enjoy it especially in a curry so I pointed at the little cartoon with steam coming out of it's ears. Those prick fucking aussies pretty much murdered the curry with peppers. Ended up a drunk sweaty mess with snot running out of my nose stumbling onto a long ass flight. Fuck Australia.

Looks good

>local news from Detroit airport recently

>I enjoy hot food
>order "hot" and react like a 2 year old babby

IQ test: Which one of those don't belong together, pussy.

You seem to be under the assumption that you can't ruin a dish with to much spice. I eat spicy food all the time. I always request just about the hottest they can make it. When I say they over did it, I mean they fucking over did it, so instead of being a contrarian asshole why don't you go fuck yourself until you stop being such a dipshit. Also you are probably Australian.

Bitch what?

Again.
>I enjoy spicy food
>Look at chart with different spiciness levels
>I choose the spiciest one with the cartoon with an expression that can only be described as "suffering"
>Complain when I'm suffering from a spicy dish

Maybe a nice cool bowl of Bitchflakes is more your speed. I bet you're white.

nice burnt as fuck pizza

Not an argument

I agree with this guy.

Wait, Godfather's still exists?

Airport food sucks, nothing really stands out to me but the least bad things I have eaten include a chicken caesar salad at BOS and a croissant at LGA that were both reasonably prices and tasted okay. Don't ever go to LaGuardia if you don't have to though

Never been to an airport

You're not missing anything good, user. Airports are all around terrible places to be.

I always bring my own food if I know I have a longer flight or layover.
>tfw you break out a nice sandwich or meatball sub from your carry on, slam a couple whiskey & cokes and pass out while the person sitting next to you has peanuts and soda
Plan ahead folks. Airport food is avoidable

WTF? I roamed O'hare looking for a decent chicago style dog and could only find one place that had disgusting looking ones. They hoarding the good stuff at Midway?

you flyovers always crack me up

The only ones I remember are cinnamon sugar pretzel bites from Cinnabon and a burrito from Chipotle. The pretzel things were greasy af and had way too much sugar, the burrito was ok. I never go to either of those places so I couldn't compare it to outside an airport except that they're more expensive.
I like eating airline food. The food usually isn't horrible, but I like how you get all your little prepackaged dishes and I like the anticipation waiting for when they're finally going to serve the meal.

>Airplane toilets are intended for children and emergencies.
citation needed

you shouldn't assume he's a flyover. wouldn't flyovers be more likely to use airports? if you live in nyc or la you shouldn't need to go anywhere else

you sound like a fag.

You ARE that guy, captain samefag :^)

I had some bomb-ass spinach artichoke dip at a bar in the Denver airport once. I was extremely hungover and wanted to watch football.

I still think about that dip from time to time.

Chipotle and McDonald's are among the only places that I would trust to be consistent, even in an airport where everything seems to be shittier even if it's a chain.

I know exactly what bar you're talking about, user! They have a decent cheese plate and the thing I really frequent in airports: a place to smoke.

wow Veeky Forums really is an oldfag board

unironically kill yourself

Gatwick, cheeky Nando's.

Well safe, innit.

Ah you think telecommunications are your ally? You merely adopted the phone. I was rotary dialed into it, Lawnmower Maned by it. I didn't see apps until I was already a man, by then the beepers were nothing to me but paperweights!

I bet it was America's Dog that you saw. I went there a few weeks ago and was pissed because literally a few dozen feet down the concourse was a Vienna Beef stand. Had noooo idea it was there.

>hello pizza. I'm user. I'll be eating you today

had a deep dish at o'hare chicago. was pretty good but i had a hangover

Reggio's at Chicago O'Hare is legit god tier pizza and wings plus the nogs behind the counter are super friendly and the food is somehow always fresh yet immediately ready. 10/10 I wish I had pics but I'm not a faggot

I know these are everywhere, but I always get sandwiches from Pret when I go to Heathrow

shut up grandpa, you cant stop technological advancement no matter how much you dislike it.

get with the times and quit being a faggot

more like prat

:)

That pizza is so much fail no wonder obama failed so hard as president.

Fuck you and your dead mother in the ass.

Dry.

Taxi drivers would.
>Don't want the smell in your car
>Don't want to drive home

>Waiting for a bus but it won't be there for an hour so you go inside to hide from the rain and eat pizza

Fly a decent amount for work

Chick fil a at Houston airport is a good go to, but it is always ready instantly and you can tell it was sitting there

Tortas Frontera in Chicago O'hare was pretty cool. It's a "Rick Bayless resturant" with yuppie/gormet tortas.

California pizza kitchen is always at most airports and decent for a pizza or salad

People in bigger cities have a more worldly view and thus would be more attracted to the idea of going somewhere else. Flyovers grow up with a small town mentality, where that slightly more populated town 50 miles away is the equivalent of Vegas and there's no need to ever go farther

Just generalizing btw

>Airport food is too fucking expensive.
It's overpriced, for sure. But you'd also be surprised what an airport concession costs in rent as well as beyond fast food labor costs (living wage ordinance for airport staff, background checks, fees for security clearance IDs, etc).

OP, notable food that I've enjoyed immensely in my travels:
Terminal A in ATL: used to alway head to Krystal burger for a sweet tea and 2 burgers. I loved connecting in ATL (they are closed now, grr).

If I have to do a Starbucks, I don't mind the peanut sauce with the thai chicken wraps, and the grapes are nice and clean eating for preflight. I also like a tall drink I can sip for a long time onboard.

Amazing good mexican in Chicago at Bayliss' Tortas Frontera in OHare. I've made flight attendants jealous with some guac and chips on board flights.

I can do the Lebanese Taverna in DCA anytime, and it's one of my fave restaurants in VA. But, I probably go to Sam & Harrys most often for a ribeye sandwich.

MIA has the best sushi in Miami, local chain called Sushi Maki is great. I probably get my first much-craved or my last much-sadness cuban cortadito at Versailles though, along with a little carne pastelito (my addiction). Of course you can't go wrong with a Shula burger!

LGA? Tacquiera if I'm on another airline. Usually I'm on Delta, and the nice iPad ordering near the gates is pretty sweet to get a nice sandwich or salad to go, along with a cocktail. Prime Tavern is a place to get a Delmonico steak post 9/11 when Windows on the world closed. :(

Can I post about airplane food here too? I find airplane food really charming and comforting. Everything is neatly packaged in a little compartment. Plus, just being on an airplane in general makes me nostalgic about exciting flights and traveling abroad.

>Charlotte-Douglas
Oh gosh, there's a good Southern and BBQ food place in the food court area, can sit in those rocking chairs for ages sipping my beer when done.

I haven't had a lot of airline food but I remember flying Virgin a couple years ago and having a pretty good sandwich on the way out. I'm also just a huge fan of peanuts and pretzels, simple but delicious, and even if the only bloody mary mix on a plane is mr and mrs t's I still love a good bloody mary on a plane

nah. even when I went to a dominos with a buddy of mine back in college we ate on a curb in front of a liquor store. you just don't eat at dominos.

Fresh pasta?