Veeky Forums will deny this

>Veeky Forums will deny this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e6tJZx_KxSw
youtube.com/watch?v=TOgXN8qRUQI
youtube.com/watch?v=twCFKVmLWVs
youtube.com/watch?v=ql_TTguKxnE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fata_Morgana_(mirage)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_plain
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

back to dumdum

Are we being raided by weak ass bait?

You got the circumference correct buy the radians for your "8 inches per mile" is from a metric that says the earth has no where near the radius required for a 25k mile circumference

Fight the good fight OP

>miles
>inches
That's enough to deny it.

guns don't fire in a vacuum

Yes they can, the bullet contains oxidizer

Doesn't matter. There is no magnetism in space.

Maybe your inferior goyim weaponry doesn't work, but everyone knows Jews are from space (or possibly the future) and can easily produce space weapons capable of felling hapless American astronauts that learn too much.

They don't need magnetism to fire

>OP is so poor he's never flown to the other side of the world where day and night are flipped, thoroughly debunking his retarded claims

>thinks powder based ballistics work in the modern day
>doesn't know about the full body copper systems installed at birth
youtube.com/watch?v=e6tJZx_KxSw

>the other side of the world
>he doesnt know its turtles all the way down

you realize that the copper does literally nothing right? its just a placebo, theres no medical evidence of this working at all

Wasting my time for no good reason. Likely b8 but ill take it anyway.

>inches
>mile
This is a science board user. I respectfully suggest that you violently kill yourself.

I really like how you can see the curvature of Earth right there in the picture.

Flat Earthers usually assume there's a mini-sun that revolves around the pole, acting like a spotlight that keeps the day-night cycle.

I can understand people believing this if we lived in the fucking dark ages..... but now? I know this is bait, but I feel like there are just tons of people who believe in this shit just like anti-vaxxers. I just dont get it.

Who needs Flat Earth when you have AGW.

anti-vaxxers do have a point with the newer, less tested meds.

If the earth is flat, what's under the it?

People in the "dark ages" generally didn't believe in a flat earth. That they did is a myth that originated in the 1800's.

>why horizon level
Because the curvature is too slight to see
>why buildings don't tilt
Because I can't see 60 miles away
>why no images of Earth from space?
Pic related.

> not bringing a gyrojet

It's 2016

>I can't see 60 miles away

Yet ships' sails appeared over the horizon before their hulls, and this was known before the telescope was invented. It's not sight, it's the terrain.

The horizon is maybe 10 miles away if you're on a mountain, you can't see teh lean on buildings 60 miles away because you can't see for 60 miles.

So what happens if you go to the south pole? Do you fall off the earth? Is it like pacman where you reappear on the other side?

Thank you for saving me the time.

>yes
>yes
>it doesn't
>literally thousands of them
>they do

its impossible to see curvature since the earth is very very big.

and plane surveying considers 100 miles to be flat.

that being said, why do we have seasons if the radiation from the sun is equally distributed on one half of the hemisphere?
youtube.com/watch?v=TOgXN8qRUQI

Seriously? Out of all the ways to debate it you pick that?

>its impossible to see curvature since the earth is very very big.
no it's not

>and plane surveying considers 100 miles to be flat.
an approximation made by engineers is relevant how?

>that being said, why do we have seasons if the radiation from the sun is equally distributed on one half of the hemisphere?
seasons come from axis of rotation not being perpendicular to sun/earth plane; this is just as possible for a flat earth - in fact if this isn't true for a flat earth, then the face of the Earth is forever dark.

come on man

>believes he can see curvature on a very big round ball.
>cant into math
>an approximation made by engineers is relevant how?

plane surveying is relevant in building things.

there should be no seasons and everything should be the same temperature of the sun is constantly shining on one half of the hemisphere instead of the tropics heating up.

Yeah, you can see the curvature. You can see it explicitly from high enough up (like from orbit, for example, where we have lots of pictures) or implicitly from things such as a ship's hull disappearing before the mast.

Plane surveying may be relevant to building things but I should be more specific: approximations made in plane surveying are not relevant to whether or not the Earth is round or flat

Think about why there are seasons, then come back and tell me that seasons are impossible with a flat Earth. Protip: if you think about it, you'll realize they are.

>implicitly from things such as a ship's hull disappearing before the mast.

that has been debunked.
Vanishing point and weather conditions, causing mirages, explain the ships "disappearing" perfectly well. In fact mirages happen on large expanses of flat surfaces, such as deserts, ice and oceans. Oceans are usually large expansions of flat areas that cover more than 50% of the earths surface as proven by the USGS, see abyssal plains.

heres a demonstration to prove that ships do not go over the horizon.
youtube.com/watch?v=twCFKVmLWVs

youtube.com/watch?v=ql_TTguKxnE

"As is well known, atmospheric ducting is the explanation for certain optical mirages, and in particular the arctic illusion called "fata morgana" where distant ocean or surface ice, which is essentially flat, appears to the viewer in the form of vertical columns and spires, or "castles in the air.""
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fata_Morgana_(mirage)

"An abyssal plain is an underwater plain on the deep ocean floor, usually found at depths between 3,000 metres (9,800 ft) and 6,000 metres (20,000 ft). Lying generally between the foot of a continental rise and a mid-ocean ridge, abyssal plains cover more than 50% of the Earth’s surface.[1][2] They are among the flattest, smoothest and least explored regions on Earth.[3] "
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_plain

Why do they think that?

Who took that photo?

We have a satellire right next to Jupiter at this very moment in time and we dont have any HD close ups of that magnificent beast when we could have for the first time ever but "muh radiation" stops them so how can we have such a HD picture from the moon

they're idiots

I don't think so you have any idea how radiation effects electrical components, more importantly semiconductors.

Ask any moron who thinks the Earth is flat how the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn have the same circumference, on a flat Earth model.

That's a good point. I want to see what one of these retards would use to rebute this.

Flat Earthers are willfully ignorant.

Imagine you're standing before a man whom has killed his wife on accident. The man gleefully turns to you and says, "I am glad that death is a lie perpetrated by the government!" and gives the corpse a kiss.

You try to explain to them that death is very real. His wife is forever gone. That shell that resembles the woman he loves no longer exists.

He denies what you are saying and instead laughs, talking about how death is an illusion perpetrated by liberal know-nothings.

Even as the corpse decays, and he gets mouthfulls of maggots and her body becomes a skeleton, he'll still deny his wife is dead, because he does not believe in death. He sees the evidence and willfully denies the macabre truth, because he doesn't want everything he believes in, the world that he prefers, the one he wants to live in, to be untrue. And so rejects reality to substitute his own.

Flat Earthers want a rigid Christian hierarchy and fundamentalist orthodoxy. Their railing against science in the face of a creationist explanation of the universe tries to deconstruct science into a conspiracy theory involving clandestine government control, holograms and deceptions. All to support their fundamentalist Christian perspectives.

When you engage with a flat earther, it's internally a test for them to see if they can remain dogmatic and willfully ignorant and faithful in the face of overwhelming evidence. Or to their perceptions, "tricks."

disproven

nah man nah.