/COFFEE/

Previous thread: Carry on with your posts on your petty addictions.

Pic related: the dragon

Other urls found in this thread:

illy.com/wps/wcm/connect/en/coffee/how-prepare-french-press-coffee
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what coffe:water ratio do you use for cold brew?

1gram of coffee to 7 grams of water for 12 hours with lukewarm water. Then refrigerate or add ice cubes.
I use a French press

I made coffee using my pour over dealy today.

It's alright but I'm still going to get a new moka pot soon.

Coffee is a lot like wine in that its connoisseurs talk a lot about it, but it's all bullshit.

Coffee people are the worst.

Says the philistine with a Big Mac saved onto his computer.

Are you making meth?

Was gifted one of these things recently. The coffee isn't near as strong as a french press, but I enjoy it. Is it a meme guys?

A brewing apparatus doesnt determine the strength of your coffee, you do. Change up your recipe to suit your taste.

i like any coffee black especially
the ones on the sweeter side of the spectrum i drink less often, and starbucks "coffee" i drink very rarely if ever (maybe a gift, or if its convenient and i just feel like it)

i grew up drinking shitty bitter overpowered coffee as a kid growing up in paris and thats like my #1 always
its funny how americans have to basically pour sugar bags into even weak coffee, but hey it tastes good too, its just not coffee to me

Best method to brew 20oz of coffee quickly, go.

French press works and makes no mess.

I have this and a pour over. Can't choose a favorite. I will admit i have a shitty pour over (bodum whatever) and SS press.

Virtuoso grinder / random kettle

>i grew up drinking shitty bitter overpowered coffee as a kid

Same, but in America.

Can relate. I'm from Puerto Rico and we give coffee to babies in their bottles. Coffee here is strong. American coffee is too watered down for my tastes. I personally like Espresso (have my own machine), french press and plain old drip in that order. Also can find very good specialty fresh roasted coffee grown here.

I picked up some Terazza from Costa Rica. Trader Joe's sells it. It is delicious. I'm glad I picked this one, because I read reviews of several of their coffees when I got home, and a lot of them were panned. I'm going to try the Kenyan next time I think.

>7 grams of water
ayy lmao wtf.

I've reached the same conclusion concerning people who have an overly enthusiastic, general interest in food. At the same time, I realized that McDonald's hamburgers are, indeed, essentially a perfect food: sophisticated amalgamation of engineering, business, and most importantly taste! I haven't eaten fast food in the past six years, too.

I have a pourover coffee maker, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it's always really low quality. Is it just a pourover thing?

Maybe I need a better grinder or something.

>that sassy mug

Kek

>What is Density

My friend bought some Terazza, I tried it; it was fuarking delicious. I'be been meaning to cop some myself. Good choice.

I forgot to add, McCafe is my favorite (semi) cheap coffee. I really do enjoy this one. Buy it at Walmart, they have the best prices for it.

Is it actually decent?
I like packaged starbucks blonde roasts, mostly because they taste absolutely nothing like how it's prepared at a sb.

I'll take your word for it, but it would hurt my soul a little to support both McDonald's and Walmart in one purchase.

>7 grams of water
Water has weight and that's the unit I use to do conversions

Finna buy a phin 'cause moka pot's a little too much hassle, are phins actually any good?

Just had my second cup of coffee from a French press ever. I'm vibrating. Should I drink more?

isnt that a vietnamese coffee thing?
I like it but normal coffee comes out pretty shitty

rho = mass / volume

and don't even try to explain that b-b-but water is ~1g/mL at 25ºC

Seven grams of water per gram of coffee is retard strength, concentrated cold coffee.

People in Vietnam don't drink coffee without sugar and/or milk and/or ice. Hence, normal coffee is always lukewarm and overextracted swill.

>rho = mass / volume
Okay

>and don't even try to explain that b-b-but water is ~1g/mL at 25ºC
Ok
?

Moka pot is ez compared to the nightmare that is french press

Anyone ever get this weird taste/smell later on in the day?

Is crema possible in a moka?

It's very decent. I prefer it much over Starbucks by a longshot. It does awesome in a French press. If you don't want to support Walmart or McD's, that's your prerogative but when it comes to my wallet, I'm going to do me first. McCafe has been the best intersection of price and quality to me. I think it was $8.78 if I remember correctly with a $.50 off coupon. That Terazza was more than that whole container of McD's.

Finally, here's my other blend of local coffee that I use. Has chicory in it. I've gotten away from chicory coffees as I've gotten older, but I used to drink exclusively that type of coffee. Still enjoy it from time to time though. Chicory was used during the Civil War to extend out rations of coffee, and it stuck here after it ended. Really changed the taste. Bonus pic of cat :)

French press is easier I find, certainly quicker
I hate disassembling it to clean it all the time though.

Oops. Community Coffee.

>mug

I didn't know single mothers browsed Veeky Forums

Get a scale, use a coarse grind and a 16:1 ratio.

After letting it bloom for a few seconds (I never see a difference in taste with different bloom times) pour enough water to cover the grounds completely, let it drain, then pour again, repeating until you hit whatever weight you need.

I used to make bad pourover as well. Using the right grind really changed things.

When I started using a french press I went through this as well. I had no idea what kind of proportions I was meant to be using and I felt terrible.

Is crema a meme?
That golden brown foamy head pops up no matter how fresh or stale my beans are, especially if you drop in water at just below boiling.

Why does coffee become undrinkable shit as soon as it gets cold?

Tea can be served cold as is, coffee can't be served cold without loading it up with sugar and milk to mask the taste.

Anyone else own a Nespresso machine?

What's your favourite capsule? I love Dharkan. I only have one cup of coffee a day since I don't want to get addicted but I usually drink from a 300ml mug. I put one capsule in,fill halfway then take it out put in another capsule and fill the remaining half. I then put a small drop of milk in.

Am I doing it right? Either way,it's fucking delicious. (Expensive though)

Try cold brew.
Or if you've got a manual dripper of some sort, try making hot coffee with half the amount of water, dripped over ice cubes making up the other half.

How expensive are we talking here?

I did two heaping tablespoons of coffee for about a 9 ounce cup. I'm still feeling the affects hours later. I think I may just be a caffeine lightweight because I'm seeing people recommend much stronger proportions on a quick google search

It's 3 heaping tbsp per pot (8 cups.)
Not sure where you heard to put 66% of the coffee into 15% of the water.

I'll use your proportions then. I just used my drip coffee proportions. This guide says to use "a heaping tablespoon (7-8 grams) of coffee to the pot per 200 ml (6.7 oz) of water"
illy.com/wps/wcm/connect/en/coffee/how-prepare-french-press-coffee

That's espresso. Drip brew is 2.75 cups water per heaping tbsp roughly.
Again 3 heaping tbsp and 8.1-8.2 cups of water go in the drip brewer.

Most places I read online recommend 2 tbsp/6oz of water. 3 tablespoons per 8 cups(and I'm assuming we mean 8oz each cup) is only 0.28tbsp/6oz. Does your proportion use a dark roast or something?

So I'm in love with this Dunkin Donuts Old Fashioned Donut coffee, and I don't know why. I guess they make it taste like their donuts? Although it doesn't really taste like it. I wonder what they put in it? Their regular coffee is pretty meh.

>Anyone ever get this weird taste/smell later on in the day?

Where? In your old coffee? You yourself?

>
>Is crema possible in a moka?
Look up Bialetti Brikka. It produces Moka with crema.

>Is crema a meme?
If you talk about espresso: no.
Anything else: yes.

>Seven grams of water per gram of coffee is retard strength, concentrated cold coffee
Which is then watered down when you add ice cubes

Holy fuck I love this coffee
Do yourself a favor and buy a bag at the grocery store if they sell it and you like dark roasts

Is this Peace Tea?

>buying koffie from the grocery store

pleb

see my posts from previous thread my post that's what I use this glass for now

For your coffee drinkers please educate yourselves on this very serious problem with coffee beans: the molds.
SEE POSTS IN THIS THREAD:
VERY SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEM
that coffee industry is keeping secret from the average consumer.

>all these autistic setups
boy just put 2.5 scoops of coffee in a filter and suspend it in the top of a cup filled with water overnight

I do 4 tablespoons per liter, turns out pretty tasty, waiting for my hand burr grinder for better results

It's been 2 weeks since I bought Lavazza espresso, and the taste has been getting acidic day by day.
It came to the point where it tastes exactly like gastric juice.
Is this a common thing?
I paid like 900yen and I can't accept this is what I got.

coffee goes stale, yes.

but it takes at least a month if you keep it in a sealed container.
maybe you just bought authentic japanese koohii folded over 1000 taimus

Seems like my country can't into coffee.
I want to move to Brazil or somewhere.

>Japan
>Can't do coffee

Hario is basically the coffee connoisseur 101 provider. Good pour over, though I use my Clever dripper more now.

how you brewing it and how is grounded or you grinding it yourself?
maybe coffee is totally OK maybe you doing something wrong

das the good shit

this one is much better in my opinion
is as good as normal coffee

Moldy beans? More like fermented and aged, primo beans––better in every way than literal shit-covered civet beans. b(´ڡ`d)

barista, I agree.

Had a customer get annoyed that they were delivered a flat white and not a latte, frankly they're the same thing Just in different shapes cups.

That being said. herbal coffee is certainly more tea like than arabica and much sweeter, beans make most of the difference in flavor.

Also, have you cleaned it out thoroughly?

>Buy cheap French press
>Works great
>1 week later
>Dripping from bottom
>Tiny bullet hole in the bottom of the glass
I cared for it as instructed what the fuck

gr8 b8 m8

>Buy cheap French press
that will teach you to never have anything to do with the French.
I don't even buy their stupid wines they suck so much, and french style of coffee is so burned that tastes like like tar.
stay away from anything french,especially from french women they don't like to bathe to often so they are using lot's of perfumes to cover their strong body odorous.
gross people and gross french coffee

>gr8 b8 m8
take it easy with this stupid shit typing garbage indecipherable text, it's against the Veeky Forums rules:

3. You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies, uncalled for catchphrases, macro image replies, indecipherable text (example: "lol u tk him 2da bar|?"),

you might bring attention of MODS if you push it

Wahhhhhh. You are obviously trolling us posting that instant Nescafé abomination in this thread, sperglord. Grow up, and acquire some better taste.

>Wahhhhhh. You are obviously trolling us posting that instant Nescafé abomination in this thread,
THIS IS NOT MY POST but this one is

Confirmed for aspergers

glad to know that more and more people are finally moving into the 21 century and using sophisticated methods to make coffee
no need to play
with stupid grinders that cost hundreds of dollars and complicated coffee making machines that brake down all the time,
with this method you only need to boil water

>stay away from ... french women they don't like to bathe to often so they are using lot's of perfumes to cover their strong body odorous. gross people
This is true but the coffee and wine are pretty good

>but the coffee
I FOUND FRENCH COFFEE BURNED WAY TOO MUCH

french use low quality coffee beans that's why they burn the crap out of it

>People in Vietnam don't drink coffee without sugar and/or milk and/or ice. Hence, normal coffee is always lukewarm and overextracted swill.

That is because they drink robusta

My new moka pot got here today.

I never actually used espresso beans for it since I figured it wasn't a real espresso anyway. Am I supposed to be using espresso beans for it or will any bean more or less have the same result? At any rate it turned out alright so I'll try not to break this one too.

There is no such thing as espresso beans

1 cup frozen coarse grind, preferably medium/light roast
5 cups water
18 hours then thru a paper & mesh filter

yes its the best

Lido E-T sold out... should I wait?

You know what I mean dude. Aren't the beans marked as "espresso" roasted in such a way for use in espresso machines?

I guess I should have asked if I should be using the beans marked as "espresso" for my moka pot. Now I have to question whether I'm real or not.

No, m8, that's what I was getting at. You can use whatever

That's to do with the size of the grounds. As a vague and probably kind of wrong rule of thumb: Higher pressure -> smaller grind.

I drink Folgers black from a Mr coffee. How can I do better?

switch to instant

>tfw the breakfast blend coffee from a Keurig i have at work is more enjoyable than my french pressed, freshly ground, recently roasted certified organic peruvian single origin cup

fuck this gay earth

That because blends are for enjoying the flavour and single origin is for enjoying the autism.

Step 1: get a coffee grinder
Step 2: get a press like an Aero

just picked this up from a local roaster

Single origin is usually too subtle, but can be great depending on the geography/soil/bean quality
Blends have an unfair advantage since they're paired up to compliment each other

roasters are a meme

piece of garbage. not wort it.

Jesus, just get a mason jar.

I usually buy fresh roasted beans, so not really a problem.