youtube.com/watch?v=w-I6XTVZXww

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/sci/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=w-I6XTVZXww
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_+_2_+_3_+_4_+_⋯
youtube.com/watch?v=0Oazb7IWzbA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

warosu.org/sci/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=w-I6XTVZXww

fuck off cunt

No, it's improper/misleading notation and poorly explained methodology. Note how the professors are both physicists, not mathematicians. I really don't know why Brady didn't just get an analyst to talk about/explain the [math]\zeta[/math] function.

No. It is the ultimate math redpill. -1/12 is of greater significance than pi or even e, since the quantum infrastructure that the infrastructure in which those exist would not be possible without 1+2+3+4...being equal to -1/12.

>tfw too poor to afford real paper so you have to do all your math on a grocery bag.

/thread

Yes. This is easily their shittiest video.

Obviously the sum of all natural numbers for the simple meaning of sum will be infinite. However, let's say you're in a case where you have some mathematical description of a problem where one term is a finite number, and you apply some generic manipulations to the whole problem, and suddenly that finite number turned into a divergent series. With the regularized zeta function (or other methods of proving the same result) you can just replace that divergent sum with a finite number and it just werks.

Purest bullshit
>pseudoscience use of quantum mechs.
>in math

I didn't find an error in his proof.

Zeta(-1) is not equal to 1+2+3+4...
The sum formula for zeta only holds for >1 reals. On other number, zeta function has no such notation.

What is that pic supposed to be? The parabola that goes through those points is x^2/2

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_+_2_+_3_+_4_+_⋯

What is a smoothed asymptote?

Read the source linked from the caption for that figure.

He doesn't define a smoothed asymptote, he has a section called smoothed asymptotics but I can't see how this would ever produce the parabola in question.

You solved it, it's a scam to fool the internet.
Your Nobel prize will come in tomorrow's mail.

There are no Nobel prizes in math, but again, the polynomial that goes through the middle of each box is x^2/2 with y-intercept 0, and a construction of another polynomial with another intercept has not been presented. Furthermore, if the polynomial goes through the middle of the box it must be x^2/2, because that's the only polynomial that does that.

Let [math]N \,\in\, \mathbf N[/math].
[eqn]\sum_{n \,=\, 0}^N n \,=\, \frac{N\,\left( N \,+\, 1 \right)}{2} \,\xrightarrow[N \,\rightarrow\, \infty]{}\, \infty[/eqn]
Therefore [math]\sum_{n \,=\, 0}^\infty n \,=\, \infty[/math].
How hard is it, popsci retards?

youtube.com/watch?v=0Oazb7IWzbA

why are their papers always big brown sheets of paper

recycled toilet paper
because all that they write on it is shit

It might be a math joke, but it's not a physics joke (read about the Casimir effect in QED).

Post yfw it converges to -1/12
Brainlets btfo

As N approaches infinity, the sum approaches infinity, but when N is *Exactly* infinity, the sum is -1/12

:^)