Comfort foods when sick

Getting my soup on to fight this cold.

What do you guys like cooking when you're under the weather?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p3lIA-E_yBY
seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/03/arroz-caldo-chicken-rice-soup-recipe.html
seriouseats.com/2016/02/chicken-soup-recipes.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If I'm ill, which is rare, I don't like to cook jack shit.

Using what ever is in the fridge, because fuck going to the store.

Nothing because I lose my sense of taste with a cold, that said I still drink stuff

youtu.be/p3lIA-E_yBY

I'm only slightly less sick then everyone I know.
made a batch of soup. it was a little bland.

Rice congee
Cook the shit out of a small amount of rice with broth and ginger

Atole de maizena in canela, fresa or coco flavors

It's got the guy with the weird nose and hat and it's sold in packets in the Mexican food aisle

Add 7up and this shit can cure sars.

just eat fancy japanese and korean instant ramen with tofu, eggy and mushrooms and chives like I do. I usually get better after a day or two of only eating ramen usually twice a day

oh yeah and use like 2 whole garlic heads, chopped finely, dump 50% uncooked garlic last min and 50% delicious cooked garlic
Always does the trick at healing, because of the garlic. I usually add an asian chili (something that goes with flavor) and some lime for vitamin C too

>eating eggs when your sick

i ussually can't stomach it for some reason.

Congratulations on getting the "Gayest Quints of the Week" award.
Will there be a speech?

i really dont see an issue with what i said but whatever.

only gays get the cold.

however, when i get my manly biannual blood puking gastritis, i stop eating for about a day and a half and then i recover having some consome, which is a simple chicken soup, done with chicken, semolina, salt and cilantro. simple but delicious shit.

Congee for sure. I use green tea instead of broth though and add canned fish and Japanese seasoning.

Checked.

What herbs in the op pic? Is that rosemary and bay leaves?

Poultry blend; thyme, rosemary, sage.

End product was some tortilla soup.

Put me back on track for work tomorrow. Just need to deal with the garbage symptoms now.

Your SO should be the one making you comfort food when you're sick...

DIY for me...Chicken bone stock, spinach, ginger, some lentils...heaps of powdered cayenne pepper. More of a brothy mix, in a massive bowl. Make it burn...Followed up with a ginger tea and some rest. Hurts so good...

>SO

That word is deplorable created by PC culture. I can't respect anyone who uses it. Just call it what it really is; boy/girl friend, fiance, or wife/husband.

>should be the one making you comfort food when you're sick

Single life, best life.

Is that a condom and some mandarin oranges at the bottom of that pic?

>boy/girl friend, fiance, or wife/husband.
Nigga, SO is just a short hand for this.

That's where you're wrong. SO, or significant other, is a word specifically created by the far left liberal elitests to try and force the hand of couples by describing themselves in a gender-neutral way, thus catering to the other delusional leftists who describe themselves outside the two true genders of male and female.

Anyone using the word or otherwise shorthand thereof should be euthanized on the spot.

>single life, best life
>caring this much
Ok guy

Should one not care if their house is being infested with vermin?

fuck off retard the only vermin are autists like you

Lol uh-oh, trigger warning.
Where's a safe space when you need it, huh?

Why did /pol/ have to come here? This was a nice board where we talked about eggs and Ramen sundaes.

I think you mean /jack/ and /mcchicken/.
Board affiliation has nothing to do with pointing out logical fallacies.

got me dude

fuckin triggered me

kinda like how you got trigged by the use of the term significant other or complaining of vermin

kinda like you need the safe space and trigger warnings

Says the guy triggered by "so"

Triggering is usually synonymous with someone going off on a tirade of character smearing and vulgarities. Whereas my comment was more composed and directed towards a single idea which was conveyed to the utmost civility. You folks really need to your terminology in order before creating new ones. Sad!

grow up lmao

Chicken congee always saves the day for me.

who makes posts like this? what the fuck is the point? are you trying to signal that you have a partner? are you trying to make people feel bad that they don't have a partner? what's the purpose? clearly if i have a girlfriend it would be nice of her to make me soup. but i don't have to have a girlfriend dude.

Even if it were mandatory for you to have a girlfriend you probably still wouldn't have one.

why are we talking about this in a thread about restoratives?

Liters upon liters of raw red currant jam + hot water.
Pretty much the only way to enjoy this shit weed.

checked

Well I may not have a 'significant other,' but at least I have your mom here licking my balls and making me chicken soup.

Whelp. It's obvious why you're single. You must be a real gas at parties. FYI & are that way

Lighten up Francis.

This thread and the congee suggestions are apropos as I'm sitting here at my desk struggling hard from a gnarly cold and craving some chicken soup; came across this Filipino congee from serious eats that has my interest piqued: seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/03/arroz-caldo-chicken-rice-soup-recipe.html

Here's a collection of chix soup recipes from the same: seriouseats.com/2016/02/chicken-soup-recipes.html

>soup is like a hug from the inside
>all these anons want a warm tumtum
>they don't get any hugs from the outside
I wouldn't hesitate to make each and every one of you a bowl of soup. Probably Italian wedding or Poor Man's, I don't know.

>a little bland

A dash of fish sauce in the soup. It's magic.

albondigas is objectively the best soup

If I was down, hurt or hung over and you put a plate/bowl of fine rich soup with veggies, noodles and meat bits in front of me, Id go to war for you.

Nigga arroz caldo is god tier comfort food. One of the rare dishes in filipino cuisine that doesn't require really fresh local ingredients to actually taste great(well aside from the calamansi).

The fried garlic, the ginger and fish sauce just assault your weakened tastebuds.

>tfw no appetite, super sick, and havent eaten for two days
>don't even feel hungry
>had nothing but tea and water

Dear Mr. user...

Pozole, best soup hands down.