Al/ck/ Thread:

Last one is officially gone.
What are you drinking.
How is it going.

I'm super. Lost my job and been drinking for 2 months straight while I sit at home. 12 beers a night on average.

Sounds pretty kush. I've been unemployed for so long now that I'm afraid it's going to hurt my prospects of getting another job again. Does that happen? I honestly don't know.

Depends on your line of work I guess. The higher demanding jobs that are harder to get into might frown upon something like that. You could just say you saved up some money and traveld the world for a bit. Sounds a bit nicer.

Anyway, how do you survive without money income? I'm just being the cheapest beers and living of my savings. Should last me about 2 months.

gave up ~15 beers a night now to get loaded
went and bought some hard liquor too an hour or so ago when they opened up
wish i was dead tbqh

I've been unemployed for two months. I pawned a bunch of my shit so I can stay drunk. My family and friends have pretty much given up on me. I'm going to get evicted at the end of the month. I was going to go to the emergency room for a detox last night, but I decided to go home and drink more.
How are you?

I feel you on the death wish. I went through an insane amount of booze over a three day period. I guess I was hoping it would kill me, but here I am.

What are you gonna do when you get evicted?

Cheap german beer, later a bottle of 'Alter Friese' Doppelkorn and Jim Beam, I have no shame

what the fuck is wrong with you guys. not even heroin addicts are this far gone

yeah the worst part is im on a wait list to go to rehab but i just dont know
half my face has some scars and i get the urge to just cut an open wound so i can look like otto skorzeny

Loneliness breeds lies for sympathy/attention.

Yeah, they are. Also if alcohol were to be reinvented today it would be classed a harddrug. Alcohol causes mental and physical addiction which is the definition of a harddrug.

Shit. Havent drank since friday night but that was a shot and a coors. Baby mommas family is talking shit because we asked them to borrow money for our bills since she just quit her job and i start work this week. Feel like I'm gonna lose the car i just got because i feel like cant make the payments. Wish i would have waited for taxs and bought a honda off the street. Gonna try to drink after i work out.

t. A proud African American man

We're addicts bro just like heroin addicts, different drug different side affects, yeah?

Smarted smoking some weed to curb my drinking
Went from a fifth a day to about 2-3 beers
Going on about 6 days now. Feel pretty gucci.

You're black, right?

Nope. Thank god.

Was drinking 10+ 7-8% beers a night for close to two years now. Last couple weeks I've been feeling kind of nauseated in the evening before I start drinking. Beer hasn't really been appetizing, but I've still be knocking back 3-4 out of habit. I've been feeling really gassy/bloated as well. I think maybe I am just going to try to stop now. This ride isn't fun anymore.

I know a 24 every weekend is pussy shit compared to real alcoholism but I haven't bought a case since Xmas and I'm pretty happy with myself since I've drank every weekend since high school.
I've had about six drinks with work or out at dinner so I haven't completely cut it out by any means but still a small victory.

Been sober since new years. Currently sitting here waiting for gf to get out of class. Its going to be like another 3 hours. Its so tempting to walk to the liquor store down the street. At least she left this stupid vape cigarette with me although I find it to be completely purposeless.

You and your gf have a kid so you both need to grow the fuck up and stop being dead beat pieces of shit

>borrowing money
>can't make bills
>drinx tonight
Degenerate
Worse , a white nigger.

Will smoking reefer cause me to quit drinking?

My doctor is worried about my liver

Water.

Never felt better. No withdrawal after tapering down correctly.

You should be worried about your liver.

Stop.

Drink weak beer if you need to.

You sound like me

I mean this with all my heart..

I hate my life.

I like being intoxicated, though. I figure being stoned is probably a little healthier.

Never smoked, though.

>Will smoking reefer cause me to quit drinking?
no

Shit, dude.

(Here)

I started doing it about a week ago and it's very dramatically cut down my consumption.

My end game is to throw out all my stuff, clean up the place really well and write a note explaining that I can't function in society. Then I'll probably head to the beach and chug a handle of vodka and hope it stops my heart. I know it isn't the perfect plan, and makes me sound selfish as fuck, but hey, every man's got to decide for himself, right?

It could always be worse though...right?

What if it doesn't kill you. It probably won't btw. There's better way to kill yourself. This will probably just really fuck you up.

I'm a neet right now, that's the answer. It's pretty sad. I only drink beer and wine sometimes though.

Op here, I've never lied in an alck thread and would be willing to bet that most people don't in here.

Just keep at it dude.
I'm 27 and virgin on top of drinking every day for almost 9 years, so there is really no reasonable or practical way I would ever find myself in a relationship now. Count your blessings.

Yeah, why would you ? We are at least self-aware of how fucked up we are

I think there's a high chance of success. I started starving myself again in a really serious way (yeah, I know, eating disorders lol) a week before I lost my job to the point where I was fainting. I've lost a ton of weight and can't really walk up a flight of stairs without my heart chugging like a freight train. I think my heart would probably give out if I tanked a handle in a couple hours. It's also freezing outside so there's a good chance I would freeze to death if I just took off my coat before I pass out.

I think a lot of people in these threads have compound issues and need serious psychiatric care. Myself included. It may be hard to understand, but most addicts lie straight to your face about how bad it's gotten for them because they can't believe how bad they've let it get and they can no longer control it. But then you get a room full of addicts together and hear the truth about their lives. It can be really shocking and sad to witness. A lot of calloused individuals think "just kill yourself", and the truth is: we're trying.

Please don't kill yourself dude, that's all I can say.

>Generally, drinking 80 grams of ethanol daily for 10 to 20 years is required to develop cirrhosis which corresponds to approximately one liter of wine, eight standard sized beers, or one half pint of hard liquor each day

so it's pretty hard to fuck your liver before you're in your 30s at the earliest.

but i drink like twice that in about 5 years

> not drinking a hundred proof litre of whiskey
> being able to talk or get out of bed

There's no standard, friendo.

So are some of you physically dependent ? Like, get the shakes and stuff after not drinking for a day or two ?I'm more of a bench drinker and go on a bender for three days straight, but never had any withdrawal simptoms or the like, I just enjoy getting fucked up, for over 15 years now

how many drinks per day every day is too many and for how long

why can nobody answer this

>why can nobody answer this

Because a simple answer doesn't exist. It depends on your genetics, your diet, other health factors like how much exercise you get, and so on.

but there's not even good guidelines

Until it negatively effects your life.

This is the real answer.

Sure there are. One I hear often repeated is more than 14 "standard drinks" a week is excessive for a Man. (there's a number for women too, but I didn't bother to memorize that stat).

...with a "standard drink" being either a 12oz beer of around 5-6%, one glass of wine, or one shot of 80 proof liquor.

but for how long is that bad

also it's not even consistent, for several years the UK said less than 21 drinks

If you're asking, it's already too many. I don't mean that in a snarky way, I mean that you're probably already going down the road and you need to turn back.

no shit i am turning back, but i'm wondering if there's any permanent damage from 3-4 beers per day for a few years

lol. that's nothing. that aint gonna do shit to your liver

ok good because my side hurt a bit today and someone mentioned fatty liver in an unrelated context and i got paranoid

You're probably fine. If you're very worried, let your liver recover for an entire month without alcohol, and then see a doctor about it.

Im about to go the liquor store. I was going to buy skol because I hate myself but Im feeling classy today, what should I buy?

Old Crow, motherfucker

The medical guidelines are very moderate at least in the USA. The thing is you just have to accept the fact that there is no formula or answer.
If your drinking starts to worry you for some reason stop before you become addicted. You can't hedge your bets.

addiction isn't scary
liver damage is scary

You just haven't felt addicted to something yet, and I hope you never do.

>implying we aren't all internet / shitposting addicts

Liver damage hasn't got shit on serious withdrawal symptoms. I failed liver will only kill you, withdrawal will make you wish it has.

left my job a year ago to try to get something better. couldn't. now getting rejected from minimum wage jobs. time to drink

Not true. There are many variables involved. I have scarring on my liver due to medication I was on and only drinking beer.

What medication?

The liver recovers with time. Even cirrhosis is reversible.

>Even cirrhosis is reversible.

lol

the shit you read here

Xanax

Is xanax Hepatotoxic or something?

also did you take recreational doses or medicinal?

In its early stages it is reversible. Medical fact. Not saying you should let things get that far and if fibrosis is evident, for fucks sake stop drinking

Causes elevated liver enzymes in some people

Medicinal

>was worried about random placebo abdominal soreness
>it's on the left side
>i just realized now that the liver is on the right side
yeah that was stupid

Probably your the portal vein to your pancreas swelling due to strain.

>>degenerate
What's your point? Bills are hundreds of dollars, 6 pack is $6 at my 711. A lot cheaper, gotta cope somehow

I like to sip a shot or two of whiskey every night. Is that too much?

Bought a bottle of Belvedere and a bottle of Absolut Wild Tea today. I think I'm done buying liquor for a while unless I see something that really interests me.

why do people drink alcohol it tastes like someone dumped a little bit of rubbing alcohol into some water

it tastes like liquid poison , give me any other drink besides one with alcohol in it lmao u people are strange

>>not knowing my kid has diapers, food and his essentials.
Its like you people have never met someone who is struggling in life, its a stage of life not the rest of my life, my situation will get better just need help with bills. Sorry daddy didnt give me a welfare.
Yeah we're dead beats alright

alcohlic as fuck

>20 yes no
>21 yes no
>22 yes no
>23 yes no
>24 yes
>no
>25 yes no
Is this actually an OCD test?

Where is your beach located? It's a pretty shitty suicide method, takes an absurd long time and if you're found you'll wake up horribly wounded. And alcohol protect the heart against fibrillation (that kills you when freezing to death).
Go to the ER, you'll find a better way out later.

I was drinking a litre of vodka a day. My pancreas fucked up before the liver.

Yep, had shakes when waking up after passing out, had trouble pouring the first drink.

>any permanent damage
Ask a gastroenterologist to check you, we can't tell (nor can you). Some people people drink 10 times more than others before liver/pancreas damage.
Psychologically, you'll always be a former drinker, and can fall of the wagon.

The pancreas is on this side. Or it could be a fart.

ethanol is highly pleasurable drug

I dirnk all the time and I admit all (no exceptions except for very low alocohl cocktails where you canb't taste the alcogol) alcohol drinks taste awful

like absolute shit

beer =piss, bitter piss, stouty piss, bitter bitter piss
, piss bitter

wine = rotted grapes, ruined grapes, grapes with ruin, grapes less fun, waste of life

spirit = condenced hell, distilled displeasure

cider = appleas without laughter, squeezed depression, pressed hatred

it's all awful, utter bad

wow im very satisfied that you actually admit that

atleast youre honest you drink piss when you drink beer etc

I mean yeah, I am like addicted to the internet, but I can tell you nothing has been so bad for me in my entire life as drying out and needing to find something to drink during the day, regardless of what I'm doing and where I am.

Fuck no. Get your brain checked dude, fuckin paranoid.
I wouldn't increase your amount of shots if I were you though, since you drink every day. Just trying to warn you, but right now nothing is wrong with you.

Don't let that make you feel better about your crappy tastes. I enjoy all kinds of beer, rum, whiskey, vodka, and cider.

Wine tastes like vinegar to me so I don't drink it. That's the key here, don't drink it if you don't like it.

>classes start Wednesday
>still drinking

This has got to stop. I'm nearly 30.

Go out to drink with your classmates sometimes and stop drinking by yourself

>al/ck/
>late bloomer
>undergrad at 29
>friends

Come on...

I don't drink alone anymore but now I spend way too much money and binge every weekend, my hangovers have turned into withdrawals every single time and my liver is actually aching. I feel so depressed that I really want to die. I hope when I feel better I will not want a drink, I can't do this shit anymore, drinking has become painful and takes a toll on my physical body as well as my mental well being, I can't do anything for 3-4 days but stare into the ceiling while I'm sweating like a pig and feeling exhausted all the time, I don't want to end my life like this.

Pray for me, anons. I need the strength to quit forever.

I sort of envy you because you want to quit. That's something at least. Go see a doctor and tell them you want to quit and they'll help you out.

i am drinking too much to go through withdrawal
haha
can't stop watching intervention tho
can't help but feel like im the one being interventioned

>I enjoy all kinds of beer, rum, whiskey, vodka, and cider.

if you could take those things and just remove the alcohol it would probably be a better drink lol

I think that's an ulcer. I took a week off when that started happening to me last year. The time off reset it until a couple of nights ago when it started cropping back up. I only managed to take one night off and it's still kind of bothering me. I need to take at least another night off... but I probably won't.

>still stuck up on the girl i used to love who's now a sorority whore getting fucked by multiple men a day
>new girl cheats on me
>move away from everything
>struggle to find a job, just got one but making nothing
>out of money
>living off water and one box of cereal for two more weeks
>friends come over to have an intervention for me acting "suicidally" but bring booze
>boozed up for the 4th night in a row and more and more miserable every day
were w3 put here to suffer anons? every night i long for alcohol more just to escape the crushing sadness.