bouncing off the black restaurant thread

>your ethnicity and country
>what other restaurants owned by other ethnicities you eat at and why
>what restaurants you're afraid to eat at because you're not the same ethnicity

>be Filipino and in US
>family is /r9k/ tier socially awkward
>mother wants to eat at Spanish/Columbian/Italian/Portugy restaurant
>our family is the only one that's obviously not Latino/White/Portuguese
>our table is pretty much silent except for a few half-hearted attempts at socializing
>can feel embarrassment digesting my body painfully from the inside because we're the only Asian family and noticeably awkward in every way

White, USA
Anything
None because I'm not a fucking pussy, I don't care if it has bulletproof glass or if I'm the only white person in the room or what, as long as I can read the menu I'll eat there

This

>white, USA
>eat at the restaurants of damn near every other ethnicity, because they make delicious food for reasonable prices
>afraid to eat at white restaurants, because their food will be bland and overpriced

how about you bounce off lamewad

This, but I don't even need to be able to read the menu. I can find out what the dish is when it arrives at the table.

White

Anything, I'm not a picky eater and will happily try any world cuisine at least once or twice without judgement. I suppose the ethnicities I eat the most of are Thai, Indian (I prefer southern, but I eat northern Indian as well), Japanese, Lebanese, Persian, Vietnamese, and Sichuan. But, I have been eating a lot of French and Spanish food recently, I think because it's cold and rainy, and those foods are nice in this kind of weather.

I'm not afraid to eat at any restaurant. Trying new and interesting food is fucking awesome, and expands both your palate and your desire to cook new foods, so I'm always on the lookout for new kitchen inspirations.

Idiot
White, US
Anywhere that looks decent

>black

Hey there fellow Friendos and Funsy Wunsies!

Let's keep this is a Safe Space and not use any racial slurs. I'm all for a good regional culinary discussion, but we have to keep it respectful!

As always, stay Kool and have a RADICALLY FUN TIME!!!!!

-Chef Lightning

This is white privilege at work.

>White, American
>Vietnamese/Chinese. I mean the real gook shit too. I live near an area in Orlando with a large vietnamese population. I eat at this super authentic szechuan restaurant once very couple of weeks. I'm always the only white dude in there, or among the few. Super spicy and I love it. Service sucks, but the food is worth it.
>Not afraid, but any soul food/Jamaican restaurant is uncomfortable because they overtly hate whitey.

gotta love it!

Mestizo, USA

Anywhere I want, except maybe a gay or lesbian bar.

Latin
There's only one ethniticity here, well, actually no buy da j005 don't have restaurants

they have deli's in new york where they try and kill the goyim with heart disease with their gross brisket and pastrami

also pls leave america

Shut the fuck up, you dimwit.
How the fuck do you think culture evolves? People find the best of each culture and bring it to their "world", and society and humans EVOLVE. Get with the program or GTFO.

White ethnostate when?

Okay then, that means that Mexicans, Asians, and anyone else where beer didn't originate must STOP DRINKING BEER IMMEDIATELY. YOU'RE STEALING OUR HERITAGE.
TL;DR FUCK OFF, YOU'RE STUPID.

Don't you fucking DARE EAT ANOTHER HAMBURGER. You theif of culture. AND NO PIZZA FOR YOU EITHER.

Oh, I guess then I should boycott the Indian pizza place near me that make awesome Tandoori Paneer Pizza and Tikka Masala Pizza. THEY'RE RAPING MY CULTURE.

Wrong
:^)

>>>/tumblr/

okay

Sure, buddy, as if you could go a week without burgers or pizza.

it's not that hard to make your own.

black
chinese, japanese, dirty knees
mexican. they'll kill you

You are STILL stealing our culture. You privileged fucktard.

i hope you are baiting.

german, french, italian is all white

>white, Australia
Almost every time I go to the Asian grocery I'm the only white person in it. Sometimes a older white guy with his waifu might come in and I feel better because I'd draw less attention then.

There is also a dodgy but cheap Boba tea shop in the CBD that I go to and there's never any white people sitting in there except me or any friends I bring with me

That just shows how little you know about history and culture. Rock bottom education, I presume.

how am I wrong? enlighten me. dont give me some post modern analysis about how white is a social construct or how arbitrary cultural lines some how make white identity a superfluous standard.

/pol/ is the easiest religion too troll

Flip and USA
Indian, Japanese, Mexican
Korean, feel like I'm judged for being the lesser azn

White USA,

anything really.
I do get funny looks when I walk into the hyper ghetto wafflehouse in this city.

they make ok hashbrowns so its cool.

First off, because places like Italy, Spain, France, and every country that borders the Mediterranean has a very intricate mix of bloodlines that stem from both north and south of the Mediterranean. And that's the simplest example I can give you. That's not even delving into specifics.

Black, UK
Sweet spot for asian restaurants
Usually its the gooks that are afraid when a black folk walks into the establishment.

Are you trying to imply that you secretly want to go to gay bars but societal pressure doesn't let you?

>Jewish delis
>gross
It's their one redeeming factor you mong

>Asian grocery
>only white person
Well gosh golly could you imagine that? That would almost be like me walking down the block to El Rey and being the only white person in there for churros!

>Flip
>lesser Asians to Japanese, Korean, and Chinese
Don't let anyone tell you that, some of the best people I've ever met were Flip and Hmong while Chinese nationals are among the rudest. Japanese tourists are beyond polite and respectful, though.

White male living in flyover land here

I've been to most of the ethnic restaurants around town and don't go back because most of it here is shit. There is a decent Thai diner, decent Indian restaurant (that is ALWAYS empty) and some good taco spots near the south side. There is a new Falafel spot that opened up near me last week too I really want to try. The rest is pretty meh

The only ethnic food I've never wanted to try is Ethiopian. The one Ethiopian place in my city shut down fairly quickly before I could change my mind.

>thinks beer is "White"
>doesnt know that Sumerians and Egyptians brewed beer

disdain4plebs.exe

I live in Seattle and I live in an expensive, predominantly white neighborhood. I feel uncomfortable everytime i go to a nearby Cafe.

There is a cafe I used to frequent a lot but the guy that used to work there, who I was cool with, doesn't work there anymore.

I'm a black male.

White, USA
ill go anywhere but i don't feel comfortable at some places bc im the only white person

but the foods good and like, what is the worst that could happen

You know that wasnt exactly "beer" they brewed. Not even brewed, fermented stuff in a big jugg is what they had. cool "beer"
And by all accounts, Sumerians and egyptians were mediterranian white.

God damn pseudo intellectual.

>white, Russia (haha)
>eat at every ethnicity's resautrants because variety and quality isn't bad at Saint-Petersburg
>avoid "russian national cuisine" ones because they are mostly just shit I cook at home, but somehow worse and overpriced to hell and back

restaurants*
Fuck

Well I had just great and cheap russian food in Moscow.
All those lunch places where you can get nice mushroom salads and borscht and fried stuff for pretty much nothing. ( compared to germoney standards). The food was really good, reminded me a lot of traditional german and eastern euro food. loved it.
Didnt love the cops that much, corrupt crazy thugs. But at least they were corrupt so a bit of money always helped.

>white
>USA

Indian resturants. They are filthy and I dont like their attitute.

are the cops that bad in Moscow? The always seem so nice in spb

I was out a lot at night with work friends. They often stopped us with excuses like "you smell like weed" or something in that vein and you could only get them to leave by giving them a bit of cash.
Had that situation about 5 times. Dont know about other parts of russia but there those cops were pretty much looking for foreigners to squeeze money out of.
Havent been to Saint Petersburg. Maybe I was just unlucky, have to add we werent moving around in the nicest neighbourhoods really.

Still better than the time in Thailand were I nearly got busted with 10g of weed. That was life threatening.

Have you ever tried unhopped beer?

>half campanian, half ticinese from italy, raised in terrone territory
>chinese and punjabi because they're good and the people are pleasant and there are few other restaurant examples of other races in my home town
>none because no opportunity to

>USA
>white

Quite literally impossible.

Mediterranean is still white you dense fuck. Greeks, Romans were white.

>Hurr durr different cultures must not be white

You are probably brown

I shouldn't be the only one.
There's more white people than Asians in my city, and I'm with certainty they all like Asian food too, so why don't they shop there more often?

Those people are 'white' according to the US census.

If you tried to hand a cop here cash, you are certainly going to jail.
If they wanted it (in the case of large sums cofiscated from big drug busys), it'll disappear from evidence later.

*confiscated
*busts

Orlandbro here. Which restaurant? I fucking love sichuan food

>White/Half-Mexican
>Eat at all restaurants owned by anyone because I don't live in some ass-backwards flyover state.

Who's trolling who?

>Jew, us
>Literally every other ethnicity because I live in New York
>None

>decent Indian restaurant (that is ALWAYS empty)

jesus fuck i thought that was just in a few towns and my uni town.

how the fuck do these places even stay in business?

i've been craving curry the past week but thinking about my local indian's kitchen hygiene, or lack thereof, really makes me nervous.

Chuan Lu Garden on colonial. Check it out dude.

The lazi chicken, poached beef in chili sauce, dan dan noodles, and spicy chicken hotpot are all super good. They all have that szechuan peppercorn in there to so it makes your mouth numb.