Ketchup on WHite Rice

I'm going to be trying this soon, what am I in for? I'm also putting mixed vegetables in the rice and eating it with sausage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_9QImcJmSg
youtube.com/watch?v=8EgO8AoMUos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My dad used to make hot dog fried rice when I was a kid.
Chop onions.
Cut up hot dogs.
Put onions in a cold pan with oil and set to high heat.
When sizzling audibly, add hot dog pieces.
Stir-fry.
When onions start to brown, add cooked, day-old rice.
Stir-fry.
When rice starts to stick, add ketchup, salt and a little chicken broth.
Stir to combine and allow rice to absorb liquid.
Stir-fry.
Mix in chopped scallion greens.
Serve with fried egg on top.
Kinda like a yellow-trash version of omurice. It's Flip high-cuisine.

It's pretty great. What I used to do was buy fried chicken like from popeyes or church's and pulled the meat off the bone and put it onto a bowl of rice then add ketchup on top.

Needs chili powder

Not a bad idea

Dude, you're putting ketchup on rice. It's not too elaborate, you should be able to deduce the tastes that these two simple ingredients will have together without risking a brain aneurism.

Or are you afraid that investing in these two ingredients will prove too much to be able to make rent and you would like a confirmation that this is, in fact, edible food ?

I do something like this but instead of a stir fry I mix everything with the egg and make a tortilla, and put ketchup on top later, when it's done and ready to eat

You're in for ketchup with white rice. I don't know what to say, man. It's not like you're about to eat a century egg or wings slathered in pure capsaicin.

why would you do this? are you a homeless person?

Well he's forced to eat rice, so that's probably not far off.

Go crazy. It's your rice. Personally I love white rice. It tastes great plain, but I've also tried it with nearly every condiment, ketchup, mustard, mayo, ranch, salsa. You name it I've probably tried it.

Sounds fucking stupid. But then again, where do I think I am?

Remember that God will judge you for this.

>It's Flip high-cuisine.

You could have put that at the start so I didn't have to read the rest

You can make omurice. That should make it bearably close to feeling like you are eating civilized food

don't do it with cold rice you'll get stomach cramps

It's a great combination actually OP. Tomato with rice is a very common minimalist dish in Japan and the rest of Asia by proxy. You might try cooking a whole peeled tomato with your rice and mixing it together. It's popular because it's simple, delicious and it resembles the Japanese flag.

>tomato
That's pickled plum you dipshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_9QImcJmSg

Alright. You win this. I concede defeat.
Pickled plum is still the more common round red topping on rice, however.

youtube.com/watch?v=8EgO8AoMUos

It's delicious I'd really recommend it for a quick meal.

Probably not worth it without fresh tomatoes and the stuff we have sold in winter is less than comparable to stuff you can find in summer.
I can see where this is coming from, though, since tomatoes have a lot of natrium glutamine, just like say, soy sauce.

Why not get a job so you can afford food?

Because then you'd have to work

it is delicious

also good with just butter and pepper and not the other stuff you mention

additionally finely chopped almost dustlike chicken is good.

>finely chopped
>not tendies
cook yourself

tendies are too big, things that are too big don't exactly fit in, for example these corn dogs

'the hell is wrong with you, are you made out of 50% ketchup ?!

no?
i can eat other things, but the discussion is about rice and ketchup
give it a try

>Put onions in a cold pan with oil