Best fried egg? Sunny side or over easy?

Best fried egg? Sunny side or over easy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XOurjE9s3GA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I prefer over easy because because its not quite as messy

I do over easy because I like to cut through the white and watch the yolk run out of the cut

scrambled

I have been sunny side up since age 9 to obscure the darkness in my soul

This x1000

Sunny side doesn't cook through the white on top. I think the only people who prefer sunny side do not know how to flip an egg

This. Whites too bland, yolk too strong, mixture is perfect.

Sunny side up is best, but you have to be patient with them. Over easy is for fast and easy cooking. I"ll eat either happily, but I love poking the soft yolk of a sunny side up egg and using it as basically a sauce for my eggs and toast/hashbrowns/etc.

That's untrue. See If you can't make sunny side up eggs without undercooking the whites, you're doing it wrong.

over medium pls

Sunnyside is pretty easy - med heat in pan and cut the heat for the last minute of cooking.

put something over the pan too for that last minute to get the perfect cook

>sunny side on toast
>over easy with a fork and toast on the side
>over medium for egg sandwich/bagel
>over hard too cooked gives egg farts

Honorable mentions:
>scrambled for breakfast burrito
>omelette for when I just want eggs & sides are optional

Over easy all day.

Pro tip: put a little oil in the pan while it's heating up. Then as the egg is cooking spoon the hot oil over the egg whites. Result is a fully cooked egg white and a runny yolk. Easy peasy

Or not. If you use a heavy pan the heat of it will finish the egg even when you turn off the burner.

Over easy because I love runny yolk but can't stand runny whites

>Best fried egg? Sunny side or over easy?
Over easy has a better texture with the brief cooking off of the slimy white on top of the yolk. Yolk is still oozy if done right, but nothing is raw. The fresher the egg, the thicker the white that clings to the top of the yolk too. People who are happy with sunny side up are likely using eggs that shouldn't be prepared anymore that way.

Used to only make over hard since it was the laziest way to make eggs, but I've been having the egg over easy lately if I eat it with anything.

Use this cooking method anyone can easily make sunny side up with fresh eggs. No need to worry about uncooked whites

I like both, but if prepared as well as possible I would prefer over easy more often. I alternate between sunny side and scrambled because I am so shit at making over easy. Any tips on over easy?

basted easy

I just cook it in hot cast iron and then cover to fully cook the white after the bottom is crisp and slightly browned. No more mushy runny sunny side eggs, no covered over easy yolk.

>the bottom is crisp and slightly browned.
That's over doing it.

Lacy brown edges are the best part of a fried egg and if you disagree with me then your have poor taste

you mean ruined

>Sunny side doesn't cook through the white on top. I think the only people who prefer sunny side do not know how to flip an egg
Or people who actually know to use a lid with sunny-side up eggs.

Over easy master race checking in

Sunnyside and overeasy are bith good. I like over easy, and always order as such, even at places where I don't trust the cooks. You can't undercook an egg for my taste. There's two ways you can serve me an egg: perfect or overcooked. Anything past overeasy is overcooked, but I give an exception to sunnyside up.

sunny side for that sweet sweet yolk on toast action

I've started getting into the Asian way of making sunny side up. You get the pan hotter and add more oil than usual tasteless sunny side up eggs. You use a nonstick pan so the eggs sticks to one side when you put it in and then spoon the excess hot oil over the egg for the time it takes to cook. Almost as quick as scrambled with just as much taste but the nice runny yolk that goes great over bread.

That's not just the asian way (FYI), it's called basting, and it's common in European and American cooking too.
tl;dr my mom is a classically trained chef, and that's how she makes fried eggs.

Hard.
I hate runny yolks.

Not enough attention is given to this. Sunny side up gives you a luscious yolk to run over your egg and toast, but you also get that base bottom, where the yolk has just cooked to a perfect loose firmness, so you can mix that with the cooked whites. It's the perfect marriage of textures.

>Over easy done right is amazing.
When I fry my eggs I put the pan on about medium to low heat, crack the eggs, then cover the pan with a cover and let the tops steam for a while while the bottoms fry. Then I flip them over but do not recover the pan, then serve about a minute later. It's over-medium but i like it.
Anyone else do it like this?

I cook sunny side up in butter, but after the white develops an opaque layer on the bottom, I add a cap full of sherry & cover it. The steam will cook the white on top & the sherry mixes with the butter & makes a sauce that is poured over the top of the egg once removed.

Oh you sweet summer child. Your tastes will mature in time.

If it's just eggs by themselves, sunnyside. If I'm making something like a fried egg sandwich, I aim for over medium, but usually end up over hard.

over easy. not like the pic though that shit gets black speckles from my ancient cast iron pan
no memes
i don't even know what that shit is

>people unironically cooking eggs the jack way with a lid and water or spooning shit over the egg.

I thought everyone here could cook but it seems no one knows how to flip an egg. I guess the jack threads are pruned because its like looking in a mirror for you lot.

this is fucking wrong lmao

t. chef

Fry that shit in butter and when the time is right, pour a shot of water in and put a lid on and the top cooks leaving the yolk runny

over medium if I'm having a meal, over hard if I'm making a sandwich

Generally I prefer scrambled eggs or an omelette, but if I have to pick from the provided options, then Over Medium it is. Runny yolks are too messy for my tastes.

Funny I thought I learned the spoon-butter-over-it technique from Jacques Pepin.

Flipping an egg is one of the most basic bitch tier shit of cooking. ANYONE can flip an egg, it requires no skill other than knowing how to use a spatula.
Furthermore, basting an egg absolutely does require more skill, since you have to know when, where (in the pan), and how long to baste it for the right consistency. But OH NO, THE FRENCH DON'T KNOW SHITE ABOUT COOKING.
I'm sorry you're deficient , user.

>needing to flip an egg to set the white
Go kill yourself.

Over medium master race reporting in.

Sun up is acceptable only if eating with toast and/or hashbrowns

poached

Scrambled dry

I mix white and yolk and make something looking like over medium

With sunnyside you're supposed to gently and carefully scraped the top layer of raw egg black over and off the yolk and into the pan so it cooks.

Those are disgusting.

Over hard or over well doesn't need be burnt.

I change my way of eating egg every 6-12 months I think. But lately I scramble my eggs in the pan with medium-low heat.

They taste incredible.

>if its not a tasteless mass of white with no flavor its burnt

idk, man. Last thing I want is my eggs crispy or crunchy. Or any colors other than white and yellow.

When do you add salt & pepper. Bacon on top or below?

>egg has no taste unless burnt

Salt and pepper before and after is a big debate.
Point is, for yourself, do whatever, for others, you gotta allow for people to add to taste.

Bacon before and if they share a pan or skillet before the bacon is done then next to.

>I think the only people who prefer sunny side do not know how to flip an egg

fucking retard, cover the pan with a lid and let the egg steam on medium heat, unless you want over easy then you flip it

cooks in roughly 4 minutes, pepper it at the end

p.s.: if you aren't using a nonstick pan for eggs you are quite literally the manifestation of autism

p.p.s.: oil in the pan is ok i guess

Non stick here, but I "draw" a filled-in circle with a stick in butter where I'm dropping an egg on the hot pan, for flavor, and as a holdover from using cast iron as a kid. I learned to use much less butter now in the non stick.

>wasting all this oil when you could just poach an egg in water

actually you poach it in vinegar because it keeps the egg whole and doesn't let the whites mix into the water

I sometimes put a couple of eggs in muffin trays, little water inside, 15 mins at 350F and that's that.

>Complaining a fired egg has fired edges.

Either or really, so long as the yolk still runs

For egg mcmuffins, I used a can opener to cut the top and bottom off a can of tuna and put that right in the pan.
They turn out better than McDonald's

I use a oiled ramekin and a small spoonful of water in the microwave. Covered with a saucer.

>sunny side up
>part of the white does not concrete either
Who the fuck wrote this? They don't know how to cook eggs. You can easily get all the white to cook through, just put it on a lower heat and use a lid.

You must be non-American or else you'd know about oil sprays.
>inb4 oil spray is frowned upon because retards don't understand how it works.

I frown upon oil sprays because they're expensive as fuck. $0.25 worth of oil but it costs $3 because it came in a spray can.....

Fair complaint I guess, though I find the convenience outweighs it.

This is a great idea. Fuck you.

easily addressed with a refillable spray bottle.

I can get my sunny side up to cook all the way through the whites without cooking the yolk whatare you people doing wrong

Though I prefer my eggs being over easy because the cooked white on the yolk makes a nice little bowl for the it so I can dip my toast in it.

if you don't eat eggs like this you're probably subhuman and should kill yourself. literally patrician-tier

This is the dumbest shit ever, just fry a fucking egg and make some toast.

why not do it at the same time? or is your chimp brain too stupid to comprehend doing two things at once?

>why not do it at the same time?
Because:
1) The egg and the toast have different optimal cooking times
2) It's more work than cooking them separately
3) I'm not a child who needs novelty food

>eating your toast and eggs separately
fucking savages

>confusing cooking with eating

What's wrong with you exactly?

i'm a civilised human beng, who taught you to use a computer?

>He flips his eggs
>He doesn't cover the pan

>butter in pan
>egg in pan
>medium heat until yolk is warm through and the bottom is ever so slightly solid
>cut out the yolk, being careful not to break it
>discard white
>gently crack some pepper over the top
>carefully lift and drop the yolk into your mouth in one go (use a spatula)

>>discard white
Must be a European dish.

over easy is superior.

>liking the flavor of BURNT HAIR

I don't like my apartment smelling like rhonda just got a fucking perm done

I flip them for just a second. I like both runny and hard yolk, so I try to achieve both in the same egg.

nicest post./

i flip for about thirty. not too runny not too yucky hard

what did he mean by this?
I like over easy but only if the albumen around the yolk is cooked. I hate eating snot mixed with my egg yolks.

>Funny I thought I learned the spoon-butter-over-it technique from Jacques Pepin.

>Jacques Pepin

>Jack Pepe

All part of the plan.

You mix the jellied albumen with whatever sauce is on your plate along with usually potatoes. Country fried steak skillets with sausage gravy or huevos rancheros skillets with green chili are probably one of my favorite foods.

Over Easy eggs just aren;t the same at home, probably because i never let the eggs come up to room temp, and i never have a proper sauce or potatoes on hand :(

>letting the eggs come to room temp

who wants to do this, what the fuck?

Gross.

I've heard somewhere you're not supposed to make eggs over easy with fridge-temp eggs because they won't cook right or something

idk, this is Veeky Forums so it's obvious that I have no concept on how to properly cook things

oh, you meant like before cooking

I thought you let the eggs rest to room temperature. I'm an tard

>why not do it at the same time?

I do. I cook my eggs on the stovetop while the bread is in the toaster. Why do you act like this is some sort of unusual or hard to acquire skill? Are you new to cooking or something?

Then you might like this:
youtu.be/XOurjE9s3GA