Something I've noticed

It seems that the purely intelligent students are the ones who go to tutoring and office hours. As a freshman in physics, I think I have the highest grade in my class (not many people come close to it) and I am one of the very few who has gone to office hours. It seems that intelligent people, although stupid enough to not understand concepts at first, subconsciously utilize their surroundings. It baffles me how many retarded people are in my class that complain about physics being too hard but then doing nothing about it. Thoughts on this Veeky Forums?

You're absolutely right. A truly intelligent person will utilize every resource necessary to solve a problem.

True. Something I forgot to mention is that there are dumbasses who go to tutoring and office hours but they still do average.

>tfw unsure if bait because these people do actually exist

Why would it be bait?

most threads started by people claiming to be intelligent tend to be either trolling or shitposting

threads by people claiming to be intelligent while in freshman courses even more so

and then your claim to intelligence is not understanding freshman physics and asking for help

The key to intelligence is knowing what you don't know

Not necessarily, OP. I breezed through my Physics/Math BSc. by just spending a couple weeks reading the requisite textbooks over the summer, then being set for trivially easy homeworks and tests for the rest of the semester without having to put extra learning in. People said I couldn't keep this up once I started my PhD, but it's still working.

People who can't learn the material from one textbook readthrough should stop deluding themselves.

No, I'm not claiming to be intelligent, I know I am intelligent. I am just pointing something out that I have noticed (I happen to be one of the people who does this) among my peers in multiple different classes. I'm not claiming I'm a fucking genius I'm just pointing out that there is this idea that people who go to tutoring and constantly asking the professor questions are idiots but the ones who do this and excel are actually the smartest ones. I don't do this in all of my classes, I just gave an example with my physics since that is my subject area and my peers supposed subject area (a lot of them won't be taking the next course).

Then you are very intelligent. I'm trying to make a general statement about smart people but you come in here and say you undergrad double degree was a breeze, you are either a genius or a troll.

>No, I'm not claiming to be intelligent, I know I am intelligent.

Dude don't pull that shit. Most smart people know they are intelligent (doing well in academics and self-reflection). Like I said, I never claimed to be a super genius I just gave myself as an example but I have seen this among many other people.

The biggest lie of the "smart kids" is that they don't study.

There was this one douchebag girl i went to high school with and she was intelligent but she always lied about her not studying.

Fuck her I ended up getting valedictorian and that bitch finished like 7th suck my dick

The smartest people I know all study. You can be a 110IQ brainlet and get better grades than the 140 IQ geniuses if you legitimately study and they don't

Wrong
The smartest student finds the most efficient way of solving a problem, minimizing the expense of valuable resources such as time

This. "le smart but lazy" meme truly tires me off

If you measure intelligence by performance and try to draw a connection between the former and use of learning resources, then I hope you're smart enough to see that your conclusions will come out biased in favor of those who invest more time and effort.

There's a lot of dumb people in the world who are convinced that they are a particularly bright bulb. I wonder where you fit in.

>The biggest lie of the "smart kids" is that they don't study.
to be fair a smart kid will study 3h and count it as not having studied since he normally studies 10h for a test when talking with plebs who think 3h counts as studying since they normally only do 30 minutes.

I once went to a group study thing with my friends, and before I even settled in they left again claiming their done. Obviously i got a higher score than those 3 combined.

#Donning Crew-GER affecz

>tfw had to do an assesed group presentation today and I was the only one who did any work and had to present the entire thing in front of class

fucking normie biased education system

why is this allowed?

>study 2-4 hours a day including weekends and holidays
>gee user, how come you're so smart?
I think the majority of people (definitely including myself) are retarded. Some of us are just hardworking losers

I never go to office hours because I have nothing to ask my professors. But this is making it so I don't have much of a relationship with any of them, so I don't know who to get letters of rec from.

Should I just pretend to not understand things so I can go to office hours so they can get to know me?

I need two letters of rec, and despite getting nearly all A's for the last three years, I don't think any of my professors know me by name.

GOING TO OFFICE HOURS IS FOR FAGGOT LOSERS LMAO

If you have nothing to ask your professors, they aren't doing a good enough job. Either that or you belong in more advanced courses. Don't feel bad. If you're doing well in the class then the letter of rec will be good. If you want it to be a more "personal" letter, you could ask to do research with one of them in order to build that personal relationship and get some good experience while doing so.