What's a scientific solution for depression?

Saw quite a few suicidal threads today. I wonder if we have something concrete scientifically.

Other urls found in this thread:

neurology.org/content/87/13/1308.full
twitter.com/AnonBabble

killing yourself

Wow, dude, internet bullying is bad.
Do you need to share something with us?

Remember, Veeky Forums is a community.

sorry friend, it's the only sure solution I know. Not the preferred one though.

And what if the problem is permanent?

Exercise, especially cardiovascular exercise, has been known to help since Hippocrates.

To never, ever try to get any programming language to compile from an IDE. I just want to have fun exploring a new language but every fucking time I end up just wanting to put a bullet through my head because it's so damn confusing to get whatever fucking language to compile. I give up. Fuck this shit... I just wanted to learn some programming.

This is a meme.

The most miserable months of my life were spent exercising daily, and I always warmed up with a 15 minute jog (not to say that I didn't run more than that). Funnily enough, as soon as I stopped exercising, I felt happier again.

This is not an "I tried exercising once, it hurt and I stopped," post. I tried this for months at a time various times throughout my life and always had the exact same result. Exercise making you feel better has no bearing, at least not for everyone.

does help some people abit, but youre right, exercise doesnt solve depression. some people just unlucky

>This is a meme.

It's not a meme, it's a relationship that is extremely well documented in the literature. Not only does exercise guard against depression, but it is correlated with higher academic performance.

A better question would be to ask what is causing your depression to begin with?

It is known that it's majorly influenced by
environmental factors, the question is what factors in your life are leading to this?

Is it the way people interact with you that is causing it?

Is it the way you self reflect that is causing it?

Is it longing unfulfillment in your life, where you have needs and wants that aren't being met, that is causing it?

Is it you're being overly social and networked (by spending more time on the internet) when you'd be better off being more introverted and reserved (offline)?

You don't have to try and console this with prescription / OTC medication / alcoholism; all you have to do is remediate your environment to suit yourself, and things will soon follow.

I personaly found that schedueling things i really want to do and forcing me to get strict to the program i made for myself completing some of those every day help me, it can be even laid on the couch for an hour the fact is that i have do decide it and do it no matter what

depression is not real because psychology and psychiatry are not sciences

its hard, i think sometimes not everyone knows what causes their depression and sometimes solving immediate problems doesnt always make a difference to your long term risk.

i think people manufacture their own environments through their own predispositions.

IS suicide ever a legit option?
If diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and you are a single person passed 70 years old.
If diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor that gives you painful frequent Migraine headaches and paralysis.
If have an accident and all limbs, eyes, and jaw are removed.

Perhaps there are times when suicide is OK.

you should solve the problem

>What's a scientific solution for depression?
Pills. Sorry, that's the best you're going to get.

I'm only assuming Robin Williams encountered such a problem

Renouncing the Ego.

You're denying a claim based on a single anecdotal experience

Depression is defined by having negative thoughts. Eleminate negative thoughts and there will be no depression. Recomended: "Feeling Good"

There's a problem with that image.
When you feel suicidal you feel worthless.
Making somebody else feel bad by dragging them into your problems seems like an unreasonable imposition.

Williams hadn't been depressed for six years according to his wife. He killed himself because he was losing his mind to Lewy bodies.
neurology.org/content/87/13/1308.full

Reduce serotonin in your brain.

At first I thought you posted in the wrong thread, and then I thought you wanted to kill yourself because you couldn't get your code to compile

I need to take a power nap

As my grandma told me "You have to walk it off"

suicide :)

Try having sex.
No, really, i mean it. Worked like a charm, at least for me. Just try not to get on an abusive relationship, that can really crush your spirit.

Yes, i do realize telling a depressed person to have sex is the equivalent to telling a cripple to do jumping jacks, but it's worth it.Give it a try, user.

What if my gf is 17 and has an overprotective dad?

Get yourself a woman and fuck her brains out. That helps.

>What's a scientific solution for depression?
A purpose.

Ignore the dad, I don't think see the issue here