Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Insanely overpriced and nothing you couldnt do by literally writing down the recipe and going to the grocery store

Too much useless packing material.

Taught me how to cook / prepare foods and opened my palate to a lot of new flavor combinations. I didn't know wtf parsley even looked like

And this is 100% true. I missed garbage one week and it was overwhelming me!

It's good if you have the money to spare. I like to use my time enjoying myself, so I can't be assed to go out and buy groceries. Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, and Plated deliver to my door and make it easy for me to have a varied menu.

fine if you have money and don't want to be bothered going to the shop

>$10/meal
>Well over $100/week for a single person
nigga why

>$11,378/month
>Well over $100K salary a year for a single person
Because I can afford it and don't want to go to the store.

Because (s)he doesn't like being able to think for themselves.

It's "foodie" nutrasystem.

i can afford lots of dumbass shit that i don't buy

I did hello fresh for a couple months. It was insanely overpriced, yes, but I was working in the middle of nowhere in an oil field and only had access to convience store and a place that sold $20 hamburgers. It was actually cheaper in my case and got me to try some new recipes.

If you have the money to spare, I'd recommend it.

And that's your choice.

>I didn't know wtf parsley even looked like

Is this what living in the midwest is like?

He's a flyover Trump supporter. You can't expect too much.

What are the quality and variety of foods/recipes they give? If I'm paying $10/plate I expect the recipes to be consistently good/great

Terrible. Go with Hello Fresh (still terrible but less terrible) if you're playing with the idea.

Here's tonight's bolognese. In theory, they send you a few brussels sprouts for a fun twist on the recipe. In reality, it's basically just brussels sprounts. (ironic twist: I tasted before adding das sprouts....DELICIOUS...so basically they deliberately nuked their own recipe.)

Last night was the chicken remmilard. It wasn't bad, except also I paid $20 for 2 servings of chicken and fucking potatoes + the pleasure of cooking it myself (I say pleasure sarcastically, I like cooking but I could have gotten fucking Boston market, liked it more, and not had to do a thing.)

The night before was [there is a pause here while I try to remember and I feel like that's left out of a written review. what the fuck did they mail me for $20 for 2 servings!?!?! that's a lot to be unmemorable] *looks up the recipe card* the stromboli was delicious! Except it took 90 minutes to make and was $20. I could have it delivered from a pizza place for half that at the same nutrition level and taste.

General review:
Idk what their angle is. They're not cheap. The ingredients aren't fresh (one example: their potato molded before I used it. Yet my sack of potatoes from christmas were fine on the shelf next to it? wtf?) Plant to spend 10-50 percent (YES BIG WINDOW) more time than the recipe suggests. Some recipes don't account for cook time. Others are ill conceived. Some are simply shitty writers.

IF and this is a big if...you must go with one of these services, blue apron is the worst i've used in just about every category.

Photos incoming!

imgur dot com slash a slash 8qAks

prize for the first image. $1 to the first person who finds 42128932893 instances of the text "salt and pepper to taste.

To add to my review: I had previously used hellow fresh. When you sign up there, you straight up pick X number of menus. When you sign up with BA there is a false decision: these motherfuckers REMOVE choices. So, for example, if you checkbox the beef it grays out 3 chicken options. Yeah. Cocksuckers.

To follow up...We tried this shit AFTER hello fresh. They take your monet BEFORE they show you what this week's meal options are. And extra shitty: they gray out half the shit after you pick one. And that's before you factor in that it's $10/meal. Bull shit times 1000.

are you that same desert guy?

drinking game: do a shot every time they say "salt and pepper to taste"

first responder game: "each time someone dies with aforementioned game, you get a sticker"

>linking to imgur
>on an imageboard

i had more images than posts, cocksucker.

Next time don't worry about such things and post them all anyway.

EPIC BURRNNN XDDDD

Hahaha wooow bro u fuxxin distroyd tht fhag

I've been looking at some of those things, but I don't like all of the ingredients in some of the recipes, they seem really time consuming and difficult to cook, they're really expensive, and I'd need to deal with picking up a huge package every week (I'm in an apartment building in a city so I can't just have it dropped off outside the front door).

>in an apartment, can't have it dropped off at the door
Okay, I can appreciate that
>really expensive
Well duh, you're paying for convenience and to have your hand held by having your meals chosen for you
>I don't like some of the ingredients
Grow up. Give it a shot and maybe you'll like it, else make a substitution for something you do like
>really time consuming and difficult
Dude these services are intended for morons who can't run a web search, pick a recipe, and follow basic instructions. Perhaps you're better off sticking with for me's

holy shit i was so hammered last night that it took me 25 minutes to take photos.

I hurt today but I stand by my review.

Oh and one more thing. The recipes aren't well written logistically. For example, they'll be like:
"heat on medium for 12-14 minutes"
and in the next step they're like
"while you're doing that, bake this other thing for 16 minutes"

Flip those, yo. Let me have the 2 minute head start on the 16 minute thing instead of the 12-14 minute thing.

Also, all of these services equate fresh to "we'll make 'em zest a lemon so it feels fresh" you legit zest a lemon every other meal.

Or like, Hello Fresh sent me one that was like "add enough water to pot to cook the bulger wheat. Once the bulger wheat is the correct doneness (blah blah blah"

I've never used bulger wheat before. Fuck if I know what any of that means without googling it. It's your job as a recipe to tell me how much water. (FWIW hello fresh has a raging hard on for bulger wheat and if you're a regular HF user you probably have made bulger wheat 15 times in the past month. So maybe they write it for their regulars.)

>Flip those, yo.
You're supposed to read the entire recipe before you start. That's basic shit bro.

>>you legit zest a lemon every other meal.
What's the problem with that?

>You're supposed to read the entire recipe before you start. That's basic shit bro.

Sure, and I do. But I shouldn't have to call audibles like that.

>What's the problem with that?
Zesting lemons every meal becomes a little...Trope-ical. *puts on glasses* YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

do you see what I did there? I combined trope and tropical. LIKE A GODDAMN MAGICIAN.

As a third party, I'm on your side, but your lemon zest response bothers me a lot

sorry I left a sour tas[GUNSHOT].taste in your [GUNSHOT] [GUNSHOT] [GUNSHOT] [GUNSHOT] [GUNSHOT] [RELOAD][GUNSHOT]

Ordered this shit for about 2 months.

half the time, the ingredients aren't even fresh

only good thing was I learned a few new techniques. Things that I would have never learned from cu/ck/s

>The recipes aren't well written logistically.
This.
The recipes take way longer than the estimated time.

Dub dubs and a fucking radical rip on Drumpf fans

I am literally howling

Awful posts, your mother would be ashamed.

>literally howling
get back to where ever you came from

You're just mad that you were BTFO, Dtumpfkin.