What do you guys think of my new tattoo? I love it

What do you guys think of my new tattoo? I love it.

That's a lot of ink for some shit 1% of the planet will understand.

Everyone else will just give you a blank look when you explain it.

I cringed

Samefag is OP
Enjoy your tattoo removal scars!

yooooo im cringing so bad

google search gives the game away
learn to troll
faggot

>1% of the planet will understand.

you mean there are people in developed countries who don't know what this is?

Yes, if there are homosexuals and leftists, there are probably people who don't know what the quadratic formula is.
Welcome to America.

It's hip

I mean, if you're gonna tattoo math on your body why not go for something a little bit more interesting than that
like a triple integral or something

Because people will assume you're an engineer and pester you to suck their cocc.

I wonder if leftists are more likely to know what the quadratic formula is..

horrible

I'm pretty sure everyone who took high school algebra has used that formula at least a few times.

Probably, seeing as STEM students tend towards liberalism.

Finally something I can understand on Veeky Forums

Looks pretty advanced, bro. Way over my head. You must be smart.

>Probably, seeing as STEM students tend towards liberalism.
This is why a technocracy will never work.

nice one bro, I got e=mc^2 and a^2+b^2=c^2

(reply if you know what these are)

But those are students, a.k.a. people who havent done shit in the industry.
Of course they'll be crappy

But gays left leaning people are more likely to be college educated, /pol/
Also I'm not sure why you think gays are magically unable to know high-school algebra

Is (e^(iπ))+1=0 approved?

Not that they are not able, but that they are more likely to waste their lives with activism, studying how to do activism and being gay than to actually becoming a productive member of society

No its popsci

Could be worse, could be the membonacci Spiral

Fucking hell man, why on your neck? At least put it on your forearm on something, putting the quadratic formula is retarded on its own, but on the neck it's super retarded

Liberalism and left wing economics are not the same thing unless you live in /pol/ fantasy land.

(And even some of them are smart enough to realise economic policy != social policy).

If you say so man

Cool, but would have been even more confusing if it were a tramp stamp

>And even some of them are smart enough to realise economic policy != social policy).
keep telling yourself that, liberal faggot
i bet you voted Killary

Brainletry is a horrible curse.

cringe

I know you think it's cool and unique but it's literally worse than a mouth fedora.

But this isn't true...

If you're really surprised by this, you've just never been ignorant before. As someone who didn't even start studying math until the age of 24, I can tell you that there is a lot of foundational knowledge that leads into something as seemingly elementary as this.

>tattooing middle school math on your neck
lmao you should have just gone full meme and do euler's identity or something

OMG, is this from Mochizukis paper?

This is pasta, you fucking newfags.

the worst mistake I ever made was getting a tattoo I had to "explain"

get ready to say the same thing 100s strangers again and again whilst they look at you like you're retarded

Brainlet here. I've never seen that thing in OPs pic. Please explain.

Just stop...

jeez man, what's the highest math class you've taken?
it's the quadratic formula

My physics 2 prof showed me a picture of him and his 3 other friends that each got 1 of the 4 Maxwell Equations each
It was awful

If I had to get an equation tattooed on me I guess I would get the Einstein field equations but I'm an engineer so that's a horrible idea

That's pretty gay

Also at least op didn't get euler identity, but quadratic is interedting only if you're some kind of babylonian

why do brainlets insist on the quadratic formula?

in x^2+x+c= 0 just complete the square and then solve for x

BAM no dumbass formula to remember

Idk, algebra? What is the quadratic formula? I tried googling it, but it just confused me.

Show is, see if we can figure it out without you needing to explain.

I didn't think popsci cared about numbers. I was under the impression it was all about
>muh wormholes
And
>muh quantum tunneling

>he doesn't know that triple integral tattoos are a universal gay sex symbol

>1% of the population
Literally everyone in a first world country learns this at school you fucking nigger

Boring. You should've gotten Grandi's series tattooed around your neck.

But how many remember it? And actually in the UK at least quadratics are optional for the high achieving students, if you just want a pass you can skip it.

Would be useful if you were sat behind this guy during an exam...

Cringed so hard kek

Best idea so far

>puts cheat notes on back of neck
HOW are you going to use that to cheat?

Uhh, I live in the south user and people here openly talk about how they're not math people. Most have a hard time with arithmetic and cannot do long-division.

I got a tattoo of the unit circle on my chest. Will post pics if asked it.

was going to get golden ratio tattooed on my chest over my heart
Dad died of cancer, one of the treatment centers had a chambered nautilus as their logo.
>muh math meme
>muh personal importance

R8 my tattoo idea pls

0/10 if your dad would not have approved

parents never cared if tattoo or not, as long as its not on my face/neck

I would argue against it.

For the first 3 days your tattoo heals like a would and expells puss. You have to bandage and lotion it for awhile too.

IMO not worth it at all. Try to get a henna artist to draw some cool shit on your chest bc that shit washes off and doesn't involve injecting colored metal ions into your skin

I know about the maintenance in the first couple weeks, and isn't that the point of the tattoo?
It lasts forever, and is a symbol of the memory of my father and also math related

Don't you think you can use your money for something more useful than a tattoo?

Do you already have no tattoos?

>cannot do long-division.

I'm about to get my B.S. in physics (i actually started as a math major) from a great college and I would kick and scream if somebody tried to make me do long division desu

That's actually a really good idea.

i am completely clean, no tattoos or piercings.
this would be the only tattoo I would get, and it isnt visible unless I have my shirt off, so nobody can look down on me for having it

Say you've got some equation like this:

4x^2 + 6x + 2 = 0

if we try to solve it algebraically, we'll end up with a funky little thing that we can't solve any further with basic math. What we do it plug it into OP's tattoo and we get the answers, since in this case there are two possible values x can be.

Quadratic equations are expressed like this: Ax^2 + Bx + C. In this case, A = 4, B = 6, and C = 2

We plug in A, B, and C into OP's tattoo and we get two answers. usually. In some cases There's only one answer.

You remind me of a one cringeworthy guy from facebook who was bragging about how he spotted the Avogadro number somewhere (some movie or tv show, I think) and how "nerdy" that made him for recognizing it.
They teach you that shit in fucking middle schools. That's not something to brag about.

It's overwhelmingly true, if you trust the statistics.
Of course those are being published by liberals, because that's who is in academia - and you can't trust them, so the statistics about academia/STEM being filled with liberals are probably fake.

You're a college student, right? You must be; this mix of unwavering certainty and lack of refinement gives you away. It's a common trait among young adults raised in their home-school suburban bubble who haven't worked a day in their life and haven't met all of the kinds of people out there.
Even honest blue collar homophobes aren't so inevitable in their judgments.

happy birthday galois

>STEM students
i think you just mean "students". real """"stem"""" students are too busy making moves to be concerned with propaganda mind control such as politics

wtf are you saying?

One of the best programmers I ever met was a flaming homosexual and a mathmetician. He was also a narcissistic asshat who could not shut up and constantly talked way too fast for normal conversation.

He was trying tell you you're a shit brained brainlet faggot smegma swallower

>burger education

>a lot of foundational knowledge
Closure of F under addition and multiplication
For all a, b in F, both a + b and a · b are in F (or more formally, + and · are binary operations on F).
Associativity of addition and multiplication
For all a, b, and c in F, the following equalities hold: a + (b + c) = (a + b) + c and a · (b · c) = (a · b) · c.
Commutativity of addition and multiplication
For all a and b in F, the following equalities hold: a + b = b + a and a · b = b · a.
Existence of additive and multiplicative identity elements
There exists an element of F, called the additive identity element and denoted by 0, such that for all a in F, a + 0 = a. Likewise, there is an element, called the multiplicative identity element and denoted by 1, such that for all a in F, a · 1 = a. To exclude the trivial ring, the additive identity and the multiplicative identity are required to be distinct.
Existence of additive inverses and multiplicative inverses
For every a in F, there exists an element −a in F, such that a + (−a) = 0. Similarly, for any a in F other than 0, there exists an element a−1 in F, such that a · a−1 = 1. (The elements a + (−b) and a · b−1 are also denoted a − b and a/b, respectively.) In other words, subtraction and division operations exist.
Distributivity of multiplication over addition
For all a, b and c in F, the following equality holds: a · (b + c) = (a · b) + (a · c).

I can give you two correct answers to your question.

BBCCACBACB?
Took me a good 20 mins

>long division
im an EE bachelor and never knew how to do that

Its funny how easily sci is baited. Literal autism.

Great idea*, a tattoo that you will never see and that will repel women.
*=Sarcasm

Except it isn't.

The vast majority of STEM students don't give a fuck about STEM and are doing it to get into Med School, which won't happen for the vast majority of them, or they go into teaching.

Very few STEM students actually bother to get higher degrees and get into the field, most end up trying to be get white collar jobs, which a STEM degree doesn't help with.

I thought intelligent people didn`t get tattoos.

If you wanted to cheat that bad on your tests, you should have put it on your wrist.

it could be explained to you and you would fully understand it in under a minute

Jesus christ please tell me you're trolling.

Exactly. It's not like women understand math anyway.

Or for that matter anything at all.

PQ Formular is superb

>if we try to solve it algebraically, we'll end up with a funky little thing that we can't solve any further with basic math
What did he mean by this?

Fake and gay.

fuck you

4x^2 + 4x + 2x + 2 = 0
4x(x+1)+2(x+1)=0
(4x+2)(x+1)=0
x=-1/2, x = -1

>implying leftism = liberalism
>American education
No wonder America is politically fucked.

underrated

>muh quadratic roots sure r cool!

Alright alright fine, here's your (you). Are you happy now?

Foiled again...

>not getting a tattoo of nearly every kinematic pair in your body
top pleb

>not tattoo'ing the standard model on your back

I'm not sure about the condition of stem students

But scientists in stem fields likely vote for lefty parties because their jobs often depend on government funding

You give me hope, user