What are the triggers that let you know you need to go shopping?

What are the triggers that let you know you need to go shopping?
>no more cheese
>no more bread
>no more olives

i go shopping for food every day

are you european? I notice europeans typically do this.

no i am american. they only reason i do it is because i change my mind on what i want to eat a lot during the day and there is a grocery store like right next to my house so i can hit it on my way home. i keep normal cooking stuff around but anything fresh like produce or meat i buy daily

that is actually very convenient and smart. you can essentially buy your week's worth of meat and veggies and make your week's dinners that night.

really? i think it's more of an asian thing

>olives
>cheese
>bread

Add eggs, milk and garlic to that and we're on the same page.

>no more rice
>no more lentils

I try really hard to not let perishables go bad, so I refuse to buy more food until everything is used up.
Like right now, I am completely out of some "essentials" like butter, milk, bread, meat, and fresh veggies. But, I still will not visit the store because I still have potatoes, cottage cheese, eggs,some leftovers, and the clock is ticking for that stuff. Avoiding shopping forces me to use it up. I also like to keep dry goods, frozen foods, and canned goods in rotation, so nothing gets too old.
It really limits my menu but it cuts waste and makes me into a careful shopper, buying only what I need.

>I also like to keep dry goods, frozen foods, and canned goods in rotation, so nothing gets too old.
But you could literally keep that stuff for years.

I work at a trader joes, and basically shop every day I'm there.

Yeah the canned, dry, and frozen is never a priority to use up... it just holds me over when I have just a few oddball perishables left to use.
And then its store time!

bump

I tell my Dot to put things on my shopping list as I cook when I'm getting low on ingredients. Once or twice a week, I order everything on the list from AmazonFresh. It shows up on my doorstep the next day. I haven't been to the store in months.

feelsfuckinggoodman.png

The fuck is a dot?

No more vegetables (as in, not enough fresh vegetables to make a meal or salad)

No more eggs

No more meat, fish, poultry of any kind, whether fresh, frozen, or canned.

The vegetables and eggs are the biggest problem though. I can be comfy for awhile without meat or carbs (pasta, bread), but I can't survive without vegetables and eggs.

Echo Dot.

When you can't make an EFT.

I really want to use amazon for groceries, but here it's all done through USPS and my mailman is 75 years old.

I don't need his blood on my hands. Or my dunkaroos.

bamp

>What are the triggers that let you know you need to go shopping?

The rumble in my tummy

>buys ingredients at their smallest amounts available
>pays the highest price for their meat and vegetables
>smart

Are you an idiot?

Are you? It's easy to make a week's supply of meals with meat and veggies in one go.

I shop between 2-3 times a week. Mainly because I prefer fresh food instead of stuff that's been sitting in the fridge all week. Then again I'm only buying for one--single life best life. Spoil myself once a month with some luxury foods like filet, scallops, lobster. That's usually a $20-40 single meal expedition to the store. Every other meal is just rice, potatoes, veggies, fish, chicken.

This.
>no more frozen vegetables
>no more potatoes
>no more onions

no more anything. if I'm out of milk, if I'm out of bread, if I'm out of ovaltine,I'm going to the grocery store

I live with 3 roomates so I sometimes just get home and there's no food. Usually the first sign is bread or milk, after that i generally go hungry since we'll tear through whatever else we've got in like a day. I hear it's healthy to fast, though, so whatever.

-both out of eggs and out of cheese
-when canned tuna looks like a meal option
-when I have less than a half a box of dried pasta or out of sauce/sauce materials
-when dishes are completely fucking dirty and i need a reason to wash them

>Or my dunkaroos.
WHAT YOU TELL ME WHERE YOU LIVE RIGHT NOW I THOUGHT THOSE WERE DISCONTINUED

I see how long I can go before I finally cave in. It helps in creating new dishes and using up stuff that I rarely use or just have forgotten about.