The tech singularity

Alot of futurist are confident that the Technology singularity will happen in the next 30ish years.

If this is true then until then...
> what do?

I'll be in my early 50s by then.
Should I just keep myself alive until then and follow my dreams while I can? Because none of that shit will matter when the day hits.

Plus would there be a way to prepare?
And do you have a theory of how it will happen or if it will even happen at all?

>how do i log plot

Should I just snort cocain off of hookers till then? Enjoy being a human while I can?

What is this supposed to prove? The dates are relative to the present, which moves. Yes, you can draw it down to one month ago, but it'll still be a month ago three months from now, just the points will have moved up the line.

What if the next step for human evolution or life on earth is through computers and technology? If we could assimilate ourselves into a computer, that would be revolutionary (or should I say, evolutionary).

Shut up, Lain

>Should I just keep myself alive until then and follow my dreams while I can? Because none of that shit will matter when the day hits.

You could also kill yourself and none of that shit will matter. Both options are pretty much the same thing, so I don't understand what all this jerking off to some singularity is for.

I'm a brainlet. So let me get this right.

The Singularity is an event that means technology will rapidly grow and develop faster than it can be graphed right?

>Technology singularity
This is a meme.

>cocaine

EPH man. Cocaine is a meme drug and I wish the columbians would be nuked for the damage they've done to western society.

it's the western society which can't keep their hands off that shit, bunch off weak inconsequent failures cucked by their surroundings on their journey to hell

Elon Meme has proposed just this sort of technology by developed. He wants a system electronicso implanted throughout brains to form an AI layer of consciousness which he called a neural lace. The idea is to give humans calculative ability on par with AI while maintaining the imagination and plasticity of human minds. As a bonus, it would close the interface gap between human and device to an on-thought level of intimacy.

Literally "no"

Why would i want all the side effects of cocaine/meth/amphetamine but with less euphoria and motivation

Singularity is a word for God. Its Technological definition is never emphasized, it's a top-down event that people can intuitively feel approaching. To Materialists, it will come through what it is that they worship - man-made Objects.

interesting notion

i guess a good start would be trying to learn more about the technological singulatirty?

>will happen in the next 30ish years
it will always happen in the next 30ish years

Nobody said anything about a singularity until 2000's rolled around.

Orly? You should really do research before making assertions.

Don talk shit about Lain you Luddite

>21st century's second coming

We don't actually know when it will happen. Not for sure.

We also aren't really sure what it looks like. Not really.

The question, I suppose, will become this: What will you do if or when you are no longer needed for what you are doing now? Doesn't matter if your job is sent overseas tomorrow or the advancement of technology renders human labour unnecessary in twenty years. It's the same question.