Roasting

Who /roast/ here

Doing a Meyer lemon and rosemary marinated roast chicken. Check back in a few minutes to see how it turns out.

why would you put the potatoes on top of the chicken instead of underneath where it can soak up all the delicious fat/juices?

I wanted the potatoes to roast. There's some on the bottom too. Check it out.

Take some pics when you dish it up fella

You got it. Gonna let it rest. Pros always let the dish rest.

Looks tasty. Anything good to drink?

>Pros always let the dish rest.

Yeah. And they usually roast on a wide flat tray so that the chicken comes out browned all around with crispy skin.

Yours looks like it's got a tiny bit of brown on the top and the rest of it is going to be pale and rubbery.

Mint tea, pomegranate seltzer and Port Salud cheese is being served already. Sautéed some green beans too.

I'm taking out the crispy potatoes to give me some more room and roasting the chicken further so the skin crisps. I used slightly too small of a pan. Will post results.

>slightly too small of a pan.

understatement of the year.

next time stuff the chicken with your herbs & lemons and place it on an elevated rack over a flat tray.

put your potatoes in a separate tray with herbs, garlic, and duck fat. don't forget to parboil the potatoes first and shake them in a colander to roughen up the surface before they go into the oven. the rough surface will make them a lot crispier.

Interesting tip about the colander. I spatchcocked the chicken and marinated it. It'll be fine. The chicken is browning up, I checked it.

r8 my chicken

Fín. Delicious.

Damn that does look good.

Thanks. Consensus is that it is pretty great.

green beans look a little over done for my liking but the rest looks great.

Why do people roast whole lemons? Zest + juice, my man. The pith can impart some pretty strong bitterness.

OP btfo

Meyer lemons are less tart.

It has nothing to do with tartness and everything to do with bitterness. It's why you don't include any white when zesting. It tastes of shit.

Not bitter, I meant.

Pith is gross. I know because I tried to make a stock once with halved oranges. It's why you zest or juice any citrus.

Pith destroys any flavor in any dish.