Depression and class performance

Depression and class performance

Performing terribly in my classes,partly because I'm stupid and partly because Im depressed. I just find it hard to get out of bed to go to class anymore. Find it hard to study or do homework.
Has anyone ever dealt with this here? Im not in extraordinarily hard classes they are all math and physica though. Is there light at the end of this abyss? Im afraid i might have to leave

Have you tried getting more sleep and exercise?

Spring semester 2015 year i was doing great. Exercising eating well even looked decent. Classes were okay didnt really have the science classes im taking now though. Now all i do is sleep

Have you tried abusing stimulants?

This is the science and math board.

>>>/psychiatrist/
>>>/grouptherapy/

Its actually very relevant as many STEM students do go through this.

are you excited about math and science?
I often feel depressed enough to not do work but I truely do want to understand the material so doing homework is necessary and not going to class makes me anxious that the teacher said something that isnt straight out of the book
Your school should have a counselor or psychiatrist or some service to help you, but if you arent interested in the topics you should reconsider what youre doing.

I am interested, currently majoring in physics and math but sometimes its futile.
How would one bounce back from a "so-so" start to the undergrad?

By that logic we should start threads about using the toilet in one the university STEM buildings, since many STEM students have to do that at some point as well.

you obviously aren't seeing a link between the two. I'd rather not explain it. You should be able to get an idea what the threat is actually about if you read the thread.

Yes you are perfectly normal. Both students and professors feel this once in a while as there is often a terrible mismatch between what is being taught and by whom and to whom. Like a dog trying to teach tree climbing to fishes when the squirrel academy is just a few bus stops away.

you're describing my life. 2015 was a great year for me study-wise.
2016 was a disaster. My sleep schedule is a complete mess. And most important, I can't seem to get motivated in anyway. Nothing motivates me to study, and I started to dislike my career.

what do you do for a career?

No, YOU obviously don't get it. The thread is off-topic. Fuck off.

You aren't the smartest guy here on Veeky Forums so ill just leave it at this...
Nah...

This.

On a related note, OP, I can relate. Listen up faggot, I had horrible manic depression affecting my studies for two years in uni that actually did such a number I was forced to withdraw and retreat to my community college.

Long story short, take LSD on Friday nights and use modafinil for those binge study sessions that last longer than 14 hours.

>(10*201)+6
>being natty

Keep projecting, shitposter.

systems engeneering. I've noticed I don't like what it really is. I like programming. But it also involves other aspects which I dont find interesting at all and are pivot on the career.
Not knowing what to do with this or what else to study is ruining me.

My best year result wise was this and last year just after finishing my research studies. I got maybe 4 times as many results as I got during the formal studies combined, learned the foundation of 6 european languages in a few months et.c.

Some personalities simply become "depressed" and underperform as fuck if they are not allowed to be on their own.

Yeah you are right. Some of the most brilliant are probably hermits living in cabins, voluntarily hiding away from all the stupidities of the world.

Cant't give much advice but I just wanted to say that I'm in the same position, so you're not alone. Hang in there as will I.

Pretty much failed out of my classes and had to withdraw a year ago.

I'm back in class and the biggest difference was creating an environment where I wanted to go to class and the best way to do that is to make friends you can goof off with.