MINI BURGERS ARE NOT FUCKING SLIDERS

Sliders have moist, steamed buns. This is literally the defining quality of a slider. It doesn't even have to be a burger and thick, dry burgers on big dry rolls are NOT SLIDERS

Other urls found in this thread:

chelseasmessyapron.com/easy-french-dip-sliders/
google.com.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you might be the only person on the planet who cares

Real sliders are good and I have a feeling White Castle is going to go out of business soon. Somebody needs to speak out about these things.

Sliders are just mini-burgers; they are literally just something - anything - small, on a small bun, that can "slide down your throat".

That's all.

>[this word] has an absolute, unchanging definition that leaves literally ZERO room for ambiguity or creative interpretation

how's that autism treating you?

You think those fucking burgers in the OP could slide down your throat? A good slider doesn't even really need to be chewed.

I agree, actually.
Sliders are small, steamed, soft burgers that are simple in construction and SLIDE down your gullet.
Mini burgers are mini fucking burgers. You can't make a smaller version of a regular burger with all the same toppings and call it a slider.

Yes! The meat is cooked through the vegetable with the bun on top and covered so it also absorbs the vegetable steam. King's Hawaiian mini buns are perfect. I've pretty much got White Castle beat with my method now so I'm thinking of testing out some other vegetables besides/in addition to onions. Maybe something like slaw.

>You can't make a smaller version of a regular burger with all the same toppings and call it a slider

Well actually, you can do exactly that, as evidenced by the literal millions of restaurants around the world that do it every day.

Face it, the general consensus of the public is that sliders = mini burgers. No steam necessary, no limits on toppings or other ingredients. If I want to make two mini waffle, put a breaded tendie between them, and call it a "chicken & waffles" slider, guess what: I fucking can. And the world will agree with me, and you will be left shattered, sobbing, and gnashing your teeth over my creation and appropriation of your beloved term "slider".

KYS.

>A good slider doesn't even really need to be chewed

t. Morbidly Obese Sperglord

>and you will be left shattered, sobbing, and gnashing your teeth over my creation and appropriation of your beloved term "slider".

You have an over-inflated opinion of yourself. That's called Narcissistic Personality Disorder, children.

Also, public opinion doesn't make something right or fact. 85% of the population are morons like you, and know fucking nothing.

While we're on the subject - what the literal fuck is up with people calling their mince pies "mincemeat" despite it not having any fucking meat in it?

Oh when I eat a soft meat pastry I'm a morbidly obese sperglord but when a frenchman does it he's a "gorumande"?

>public opinion doesn't make something right or fact

It does when it comes to language. Don't give me any prescriptivist bullshit

No, it doesn't. That's why we have a class system social structure. People who know proper language, etiquette, and are generally well informed are considered of a higher class than say...people like you.

you tried

is this a slide thread?

And won. You're a dumbass. Learn to live with the fact and learn your place.

Knowing a real slider from a mini burger could save your life some day user. We're making America great again.

top puf user

>posting anime

You're the burning STD of Veeky Forums. Fuck off.

>getting mad about taiwanese woodcarvings on a taiwanese woodcarvings site

user your very predictable

>predictable
says the baiting faggot posting anime

Nice 'ni 'gers, op.

So if I put my dick on a bun, does that make it a slider?

Well, yeah. But only in your particular case.

Alright, open up.
It's about to slide down your throat.

I don't think your 'slider' is quite long enough to do that, user...

I think you're seriously overestimating the length of your mouth. It only takes a few inches to get it into your throat.

ok, calm down you autistic fuck.

I don't think you've ever slid your dick down anyone's throat

Meatballs on a bun are not burgers. They are meatball sandwiches on a roll. I love meatball sandwiches on a roll, but it's still not a hamburger.

It's a slider buddy. A slider is a mini sandwich by any definition.

Meatballs have starch in them and are baked not fried. I don't like super thick burgers, but they're different from meatballs. Meatball sandwiches are pretty good.

Wrong. WTF about mini sandwiches slides?

If your baking your meatballs instead of frying the outside and finishing them in your simmering sauce your doing it very wrong.

Who is this cutie?

>what is wikipedia

A collaborative, user generated project that is absolutely worthless as a citation?

He chews, he doesn't inhale like some sort of demented cartoon puffball.

People who stubbornly insist on outdated terminology are almost universally considered low-class.

Still better than your [citation needed]

We're not talking about "outdated" terminology, we're talking about proper terminology. The word "slider" isn't outdated. Using it to describe any small hamburger is improper and makes you look stupid and low class.

Mincemeat pies do have meat in them. If they don't have meat, then they are just mince pies. Traditional mincemeat contains beef suet. I have some in my pantry now, and it's called mincemeat, and it has meat in it.

>Using it to describe any small hamburger is improper
Not true. Where are you getting this idea?

Series is Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san.
Basically a cute devious girl is constantly teasing and pranking a dense guy and they fall in love.

What are you, thick? A small hamburger doesn't make it a slider.

What are you, stupid? A small hamburger is a slider!

No, it's not. It's a mini-burger. A slider is specific to how it's made.

No, it's not. A slider is just another name for mini-burger.

No, it's a specific kind of burger.
Mini-burger can apply to any small burger. Slider can't. It's like how hamburgers are sandwiches but sandwiches aren't hamburgers.

No, mini-burgers can apply to any small burger this includes sliders, which are just mini-burgers.

All sliders are mini-burgers but not all mini-burgers are sliders

incorrect. All mini-burgers are sliders.

Definitely wrong and marginalizing actual sliders. Making normal burgers mini is a novelty. Sliders are small by necessity.

Obviously you have no idea what a slider is and the origin of the word.

Not everyone puts starch in their meatballs. Lots of people put only meat in their meatballs. Also who the fuck are you to dictate how meatballs must be cooked? Fuck off.

Pray tell us the origin of the term as it is unknown to etymologists. It should be pretty obvious that dry sandwiches do not now nor did they ever slide into, out from, up, across or down anything.

What kind of fucked up retarded meatballs are you making? Not all balls of meat are meatballs.

This is some fucking safe space numale tolerant shit. Just because you want to be called a girl doesn't mean you are one.

I am away that words and their definitions can evolve over time.

I can make a fucking French Dip slider if I want...fag.

>unknown to etymologists
And thus it is unknown to you and proves this thread is finished. Nobody knows what a slider is so it might as well be a mini-burger.

/thread

did you just "evolve" the word "away"?

Stupid.
No, you can't. You can make a mini-French Dip.

Aw hell naw son.
chelseasmessyapron.com/easy-french-dip-sliders/

Check my fucking citation you punk ass bitch, it's called google.com. An elite "invitation only" site for elite cooks such as myself.

Those are definitely sliders. The cook should have cut the rolls more bottom-thick but still looks pretty good.

Slider must come from ground meat. So sayeth Chef Ramsay; so sayeth all.

What the fuck did you just say to me?

Is chip chopped really that different from ground?