What is the best calculator?

I'm sure you have an opinion.

HP 50G

TI-36X Pro

Casio fx-115ES

>MATLAB

How do you define better in this question? What are the criteria and comparisons for it to be better than? As an example, A Nokia cell phone calc is best for bludgeoning dumb fucks such as yourself while the brain in your head is better than a ti85plus when it comes to user interface. Did I le meme right? It's my first time on sci.

i prefer napier's bones

Casio DR210

as a mathematician, I must say my brain

HP 50G

TI-89 is a hell of a calculator. Any retard could pass calculus with it.
Source: am retarded and passing calculus with TI-89

HP48, or Python

100% THIS desu.

I got this second hand for £50 (as opposed to £130 new). It's very useful, but most of the useful features cause it to be banned in most UK exams. I believe the ti83 can do almost as much as it but is less 'clunky', as this can be quite cumbersome to use

It's important to assess what you need your calculator to do. There's no point buying a CAS calculator when you only need an fx-85GT (the scientific CASIO that every GCSE student has), especially if you can't use it on exams

If you need something in the ti82-84 range, I recommend getting an equivalent Casio, as they're cheaper and usually nicer to use anyway

yeeeaaaah boiii

>calculator in a post smartphone world

why tho?

Physical buttons are nice, and sometimes it can be hard to get all the features you need without needing an internet connection

Laptop with python (numpy, scipy, matplotlib etc) and or MATLAB, and or Mathematica. Or really anything that's useful to you, there is so much and a lot of it is free and well documented.

I absolutely do not understand why on earth people are actually spending more than 10 bucks on a calculator for exams, especially considering most graphing calculators are not allowed in most exams I ever heard of. Everything that it can possibly achieve is giving you a false sense of security.

wolfram alpha

ti84

After 6 hours I've realised I wrote 'ti83' instead of 'ti89' - clearly the 83 is not a substitute for an nspire

a computer with maple or any other math program

Do your colleges allow calculators on tests? I went to UC Irvine and was never once allowed to use any calculator on the basic physics/math courses; that is seven classes all done in pen. If you use pencil you give up the right to re-grade.

In a work environment you need to be able to use a standard computer language and one of the 3M packages. I prefer Maple.

you'd think for the price they could put a retina resolution display in that shit

I'm at uni of York (UK) and the only time we're allowed a calculator in an exam is when they provide us with one of pic related (this is the standard calculator of virtually every student in the UK, we don't really go for 84's here)

Sometimes having a keyboard designed for mathematics and a display which formats both your input and output like a textbook is really useful. Granted, it isn't worth the price for most people, but a nice graphic calculator can be useful

In terms of programming languages, I've found that access to a Haskell interpreter is really useful for quickly computing unusual results, since it's usually one line instead of 10 of Python

For occasional calculations, sure, but relying on a web app gets annoying

Memes aside, I use the fx-9750GII.

Looks like a cucked version of my calculator