Miso paste

So I got a pound of the thing but I don't really know what to do with this except the obvious soup. Use it as seasoning? Sauce? What are some recipes that use this?

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015115-miso-glazed-fish;
seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/03/poached-chicken-miso-watercress-recipe.html.
hotforfoodblog.com/recipes/2013/05/20/perfect-vegan-mac-cheese
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can use it as a glaze, marinade, vinaigrette. Here's a couple: cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015115-miso-glazed-fish; seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/03/poached-chicken-miso-watercress-recipe.html. Can't speak to the recipes, haven't tried either.

>So I got a pound of the thing but I don't really know what to do with this except the obvious soup
Happened to me too the last time I had some.
Why can't they sell this in smaller packages?
I used it a marinade and in vinaigrettes, but haven't found anything yet that made me >WALA

>buy a pound of an ingredient
>no idea what to use it for
Man, why?

Because sometimes it's fun to try new ingredients.

How long does opened miso keep in the fridge?

I never seem to empty those giant packages.

Dengaku

Tofu Or eggplant.

i use it for this

hotforfoodblog.com/recipes/2013/05/20/perfect-vegan-mac-cheese

>cooking miso

shit recipe

it's inherently supposed to be cooked for soup

Mix it with soy sauce and bake it on top of fish. I like it on salmon. Cook carrots and cabbage in it. Cook noodles and add it to the soup. Spread a little on pork chops and bake them in the oven. Add it to ground meat and make meatballs. I suggest adding chopped cabbage to miso meatballs. Use your imagination.

I use it in my spaghetti sauce, adds a good flavor and helps reduce the overly tomato taste.

that actualy sounds like it should work

Use it to make miso ramen.
Take some dried shiitake mushrooms and konbu seaweed and soak them on hot water for about an hour.
Remove the seaweed and mushrooms. Then dissolve a spoonful of miso paste over the stock-like mixture (known as "dashi") using a collander.
After that, add ramen noodles, and your vegetables and meat of choice. You can cook vegetables/meat and noodles separately, or you could cook them in the miso soup/broth.

saved from page 10

I'm going to try out miso again (for weeb soup and experimenting/trying other stuff) and the last time I just grabbed some random one at an organic supermarket, but I finally found an asian store that has some.
What kind should I get?
Red? White? Other?

>I suggest adding chopped cabbage to miso meatballs.
Sounds good, will try this some time.

Red is much more intense/saltier. White has a milder more subtle flavor.

>Remove the seaweed and mushrooms
You can leave them in and eat them. Especially the shiitake, those are expensive and still taste good after you used them to make stock.

>Red? White? Other?

The stuff's basically the equivalent to light and dark soy sauce in chinese cooking, so there's no point in not having both.

Mix with equal parts sugar and 1/2 part sake and use as a sauce with sauteed meat and vegetables.

Or just smear some on some cucumbers and enjoy.