Mississippi Roast

Guys, I made one of the best roasts I've ever had yesterday. Take a chuck roast, sear it on all sides, then place in a crockpot. put a stick of unsalted butter on top of the roast, then sprinkle 1 pack of hidden valley ranch mix and 1 pack of onion soup mix over it. Place 8 pepperoncinis on top and cook on low for 8 hours. This shit is amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pot-roast-with-vegetables-recipe.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>unsalted butter

Believe me, there's enough salt in the ranch and soup mix. you don't need any more.

That's the flyoveriest thing i've ever seen.

Not gonna lie though it looks p. good.

I agree. Very much a flyover recipe. But this one is the diamond in the rough.

>crock pot
>roast
>ranch 'mix'
>soup 'mix'

>repeating words
>not saying anything else
>not contributing to the conversation at all

Is it hard living life with so much autism?

I remember getting a recipe just like that off of Allrecipes years ago, they called it "Butter Beef".
It is indeed delicious, but I don't make it anymore since I eschewed packaged mixes (and crockpots) years ago. I make a beef pot roast that is somewhat similar now, but I caramelize onions for it and add my own seasonings and spices.

My nigler, one of the favorite things to cook in the crock pot

damn the caramelized onions sound on point. I bet those leftovers would be badass on a hoagie roll with some provolone cheese.

i dont buy salted butter. ever. no fucking need for the extra salt.
and that sounds badass. why the Mississippi though?

i think i might go add a few pads of butter to my roast. it's got carrots, onion, taters, mushrooms and celery though.

Honestly I don't know. I'm from FL, and got the recipe from a buddy at work. When i got home i googled it and all of the results came up as "Mississippi Roast" so i figure that's what it's called. I also found through this search that there is a recipe that uses everything in this one, but switches the roast for chicken thighs. I'd like to try it soon.

>flyover recipe.
you promised you'd stop triggering me

I tried this recipe a couple weeks ago but it tasted kinda strange, I think it was the butter

did you actually use the whole stick?

also both packs of ranch/seasoning felt like a fuckload of seasoning, I kinda felt ill the whole time I was eating it

also to soak up some of the extra shit I added chopped carrots/celery/boiler potatoes on the bottom, seemed to help out a bit

also I sclied up the pepperocinis, not sure if that made a diff

that does sound good. chicken and mild/medium peppers. thanks. i've been using my crock pot more and more and this sort of thing is exactly what i need a line on.
i dig being able to drop a bunch of stuff in there, season it, turn it on and leave.

I don't know if slicing them would change it or not. I do it a lot like the pic in my first post, with some mashed potatoes and a vegetable of some kind. The potatoes probably absorb some of that for me.

sorry i royally fucked that post up.

Yeah I leave for work early in the morning and get home at night, so crock pots are used a lot by me.

Here is the chicken variation I was talking about.

And upon further googling, there is also a pork chop variation.

did you dice up your butter and kinda spread it around or did you just lay the stick as is?

just lay the stick on top. As the crock pot heats up it wil melt all over the top and then drizzle down the sides, pooling at the bottom and mixing with the seasonings to make a delicious gravy. Also, i take the peperoncinis out of the meat once its done cooking. the flavor is already there after slow cooking, and i find that they can be overpowering if left in with the meat.

do you add any liquid at all or is there enough moisture from the meat and butter to get absorbed by the seasoning mixes

nope no need for any more liquids.

>1 pack of hidden valley ranch mix and 1 pack of onion soup mix

Too much garbage to use one of those in a recipe, let alone both.

Quit buying that crap and just use normal, natural seasonings instead.
Other than that, sound's like a plan.

Fuck off. Don't tell me how to live. I put it out there so if it sounded interesting to anyone else they could try it.

Enjoy your diabeetus, fatty.

You didn't roast anything.

Try actually roasting a cut of beef and I think you'll never waste a decent cut of beef in a crock pot again.

Nothing wrong with crock pots for say... beef stew with chuck.

I prefer using a Dutch oven so I can control browning the beef, sweating the aromatics reducing the wine and scraping the fond. It builds several layers of flavor.

Back to the roasting... try a traditional beef roast with root vegtables, simple seasonings like salt, pepper and thyme, rosemary. You'll be suprised.

Enjoy the dick in your ass, faggot.

So what would be a correct name for this? just "Something" Beef I guess? And i would like to try making a real roast. I Iike your tips. could you post a recipe?

foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pot-roast-with-vegetables-recipe.html

This is a nice basic recipe. Chuck is affordable and tasty, plus you already have experience with it.

Don't know what to call what you made but if I had a few drinks in me I bet I'd like it lol. I'm low sodium so it might just be too salty for me.

>Packet mixes

Pleb cooking.

Yeah just with those two packets I know the salt is through the roof. Thanks for the recipe senpai!

Magnolia state reporting in. I've never heard of this. It doesn't sound terrible, but I'm still not sold.

Of all the shit going into that fucking abortion, you sperg about the butter not being salted. Why?

Like I said, I just googled "roast with ranch mix and onion soup mix" and thats what came up. try it.

If me simply stating that you don't need salted butter because there's already enough salt is sperging... then i can't imagine what an actually angry person must do to you emotionally.

Hell, that's considered "gourmet" in your shithole, pal. Why don't you put on your hoods and go beat up some fags now?

it's a MIssissippi Roast. don't let Spergan Adria fuck your shit up with his autism.

he roasted a piece of chuck.

in a slow cooker
obamadealwithit.gif
>traditional beef roast with root vegtables, simple seasonings like salt, pepper and thyme, rosemary. You'll be suprised.

>no mustard
>no larding
>no wine/sherry
>no stock

OK pal, you sure are an expert

you do understand that ranch dressing and onion soup are real things, right? and you could make this all the way from scratch, right?

the onion soup mix conatins beef bullion, the ranch has acids and fats, the butter is an easy way to lard your beef, and the pepperoncinis add heat and flavor?

i appreciate it. i might not use the packets usually, but i like the idea of ranch and peppers. the pork chop version looks temping as well. that may well be the first one i try.

do people who behave this way on the internet really deserve and opinion?
i'm also from MS and it's why i asked about the name of the thing.
your random hate must be evidence of your hypocritical leftist viewpoints. i'd bet on it.

>ranch mix
>onion soup mix
what the fuck

I just ate a bunch of chili, but I'm going to try this tomorrow.
What packets did you use exactly, I wanna taste what you made.

not OP but I've done this before

I just used any dry ranch packet I could find, I think I tried to avoid hidden valley but I think that's fine too

as for soup mix I used McCormick I think

also not sure if it helped but I floured and browned the roast on a pan for moment beofre putting it in the crockpot, as I usually would with a normal roast

1 packet of hidden valley ranch mix, and one packet of lipton onion soup mix.

i was going to attempt to post a picture of my roast from yesterday.
i just did a basic crockpot beef roast with carrots, potatoes, celery, onion, garlic cloves and mushrooms.
i seasoned it with seasoned salt, pepper, rosemary and a little cayenne and garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
i didnt make rice with it, but i made gravy from the drippings.
maybe ill text it to myself so the image gets compressed enough that it will fit.