Is it wrong to eat animals?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xsd0ta_graphic-content-warning-baboon-eats-gazelle-alive_animals
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I personally think that, since humans can subsist without meat, meat production--particularly industrialized meat production--causes unnecessary suffering on the part of the animal, and is generally bad for the long term health of the environment. I'm not a strict vegetarian or vegan by any means, but I try and avoid eating meat whenever possible for those reasons.

>Is it wrong to eat animals
no
>are animals treated like shit in order to eat them
yes

I don't care though, they fucking taste great

Yeah, probably. If I could eat meat that didn't require an animal to die or suffer, I would. Unfortunately, vat meat, let alone vat meat that doesn't have the texture of wet cardboard, is a long way off.

This t b h

Doesn't make any sense to create animal lives just so they can suffer. Going vegetarian is easy since everything is labelled now, but going vegan is harder since there will be some kind of dairy product in almost every processed food you buy.

Is there anything wrong with eating fish? I don't eat meat because of moral reasons, but fish aren't self-aware or intelligent like pigs/cows/chickens are, so is there any problem with eating them? Provided they are fished sustainably etc

Why does your pleasure from eating meat justify the lifelong suffering of the animals that are killed for you?

>I don't care though, they fucking taste great
See above. Is the pleasure you gain really that much that you would support animals being treated cruelly for meat?

This.

I feel bad for animals, they should have a comfy life, have their other uses (cows chickens etc) fulfilled and have a instant, painless death. But I'm not vegetarian by any means, but I sort of get that point as to why. The other crap that humans shouldn't eat it at all because ""we don't need to"" is ridiculous.

Yes

No.
Animals were put here to be used for work and food. It's wrong to refuse to eat animals.
Granted, sometimes their living conditions until slaughter could be improved. As long as it doesn't increase the cost of living, animals should be kept in a state as close to natural as logistically possible. If that's infeasible, they should at least be in a comfortable environment.

>I don't eat animals because it's cruel
>I'm perfectly fine with taking an animal out of its natural environment, breeding it into something I find astetically pleasing, and forcing it to be my slave/captive for its entire life.

fucking hypocrites

only some animals.

No one has said this.
You may be a sociopath.

>Is the pleasure you gain really that much that you would support animals being treated cruelly for meat?
Yes

Are you implying no one here who doesn't eat meat has a pet? Fucking mouth breather...

not that user
but i think you need to look up sociopath

You quoted/implied that people in this very thread have said that. It's not my fault that you fantasize about things that don't exist. Seek therapy.

>Why does your pleasure from eating meat justify the lifelong suffering of the animals that are killed for you?
I enjoy eating meat, it brings me happiness. The suffering of the animals has no impact on my happiness. It's really as simple as that.

I know sever sharks, tigers and lions that regret ever eating anything.

since it wasn't a direct quote, its not an implication
you are the one assuming

Everything that is food for anything is something else that was alive.. There is no crime of nature or god eating animals. Perhaps you feel bad eating something intelligent but you should not. Unless it was you who cause the suffering of innocence you bear no guilt nor should you bear shame. Most farmers and sheperds care for their livestock well as their own well being is often tied to them. The Evil you percieve is the excess. Too many too much too fast... This corruption is in all things. If you must root it out and destroy it then that is your choice but judgement of others based off that decision is foolhearted

>I don't eat meat so I'm better than everyone and I use every opportunity to tell them
>I tell people to seek therapy so I can make them seem crazy to others

You're such a faggot. No one needs to discuss it for it to be a fact. you're probably one of those hypocritical vegetarians with a pet, and you justify it by calling me crazy. My steak never escaped from my plate and mauled a 6 year old child to death, did it? You pretentious hypocrite...

god says it's okay. read the bible.

pretty much everyone agrees that factory farms are terrible, and nobody wants to inflict unneeded pain or suffering upon living creatures.

however:
-meat is delicious
-we have no viable (key word) alternatives to rampant meat consumption at the moment (inb4 soy)
-stock animals are literally bred for the purpose of being delicious and would not exist if they weren't to be eaten
-a balanced diet taking food from many animal and plant sources is in most cases healthier than a more limited diet
-also attributing human qualities to animals is silly

I never said I was a vegetarian/vegan. I eat meat for every meal, have owned three dogs, and am on my seventh cat.
You clearly have some anger issues, as well as the tendency to anthropomorphize animals to the point where you consider pet owners to be slavers. Your sociopathic hatred of humans leads you directly to over-emphasize with animals in a feeble attempt to feel close to a living thing. I'm mocking when I ask you to seek therapy, I'm genuinely concerned for the well-being of another person. It may be a difficult concept for you to grasp, but it's the truth.

Hey /cucks/, air rifle hunter here, rabbits, squirrels and game birds mostly. Only 1 deer so far (not with an air rifle). I'm in the UK.

Ask me anything.

Who cares?

Jesus Christ, get the fuck off the internet. Fucking white knight faggot

Not related to thread but, how many hours of work does it usually take per catch for small animals? How long are you in the woods plus any other time that goes into hunting if there's significant prep or back end work. Are there usually increasing or decreasing marginal returns on hunting relative to time spent?

Faggot

Maybe a little bit, but not enough for me to stop

The real issue is the environmental damage that the food industry creates, along with the incredibly inhumane ways they kill animals

Eating animals isn't wrong, it's natural, but the way humans prepare animal products is wrong, in my humble opinion

>Why does your pleasure from eating meat justify the lifelong suffering of the animals that are killed for you?
It doesn't. I just don't care that much. I mean, I care a little, enough that I'd pay extra for cruelty-free meat. But not enough to give it up entirely.

You have no idea how pets came about, do you?

>self aware
Except they arent. Very few animals have passed the mirror test. You can choose to draw the line on how intelligent an organism has to be for you not to feel guilt wherever you want, but it's a poor argument if you want to convince others.

A little.

Those are hard questions to answer and like most questions the real answer is "it depends" but I will try to give you my perspective.

>how many hours of work does it usually take per catch for small animals?
Depends if you know where to find them. I mostly hunt on farms as here in the UK there are few places you can hunt without fees. With private land I just need the land owners permission and to follow various regulations for safety. But since I'm shooting on farms they typically call me up and tell me a corner of their young wheat field has been eaten by rabbits. If they don't shoot a load of them they might lose a whole field before it's ready. So I turn up at the right time of day and shoot as many as I can. Normally 3 or 4. Then I come back the next day and try to shoot some more.

>How long are you in the woods plus any other time that goes into hunting if there's significant prep or back end work
Well it's a hobby but normally I do it every 2-3 weeks, much less in winter. I would say 6-8 hours to drive to the property, shoot, eat picnik and tea, drive home, skin gut, freeze. I give the furs to a friend as she makes things with them but it's not too intensive to process them yourself.

>Are there usually increasing or decreasing marginal returns on hunting relative to time spent?
Yes absolutely. Shoot a duck and you won't see the rest for a while. Different animals have different instincts so some will hide of course. But only so many squirrels live in sections of woods, often an area is hunted out and needs a few years before you visit again. If you want efficiency you need to move to different areas but that is hard to do in the UK as we are pretty densely populated.

is this a sandwich op?

Overpopulation will destroy the planet regardless and the bleeding hearts don't even allow us to treat that as a problem any more (but good goy, they don't consume much in the third world any way ... oh by the way, you should let all of them immigrate).

The world is going to hell, individuals not eating meat isn't going to save it. Do it because you believe it's the right thing to do, not because you think you're helping save the planet ... you're not. If you want to save the planet go create an anti-fertility virus.

Ok, but just because animal suffering does not directly impact you does not mean that it magically doesn't exist. By buying (most) animal products you are contributing to animal suffering, simple as that.

>we have no viable (key word) alternatives to rampant meat consumption at the moment (inb4 soy)
Take the excessive rescources used in raising animals and use it to increase production of beans or whatever plant-based protein you want.

>stock animals are literally bred for the purpose of being delicious and would not exist if they weren't to be eaten
True, but this doesn't justify their cruel treatment. If we are going to eat them, the least we could do is treat them by humane standards.

>a balanced diet taking food from many animal and plant sources is in most cases healthier than a more limited diet
Debatable, and there many things other than diet that are healthier which we don't do. Like cutting out refined sugar.

>also attributing human qualities to animals is silly
Still doesn't justify creating unnecessary suffering, even if it's not the exact same emotion in animals it is pretty clear that they feel pain and suffer to an extent

Perhaps you don't understand how pets came about. Is genetic engineering and social condition justified as long as everyone is happy?

Overpopulation isn't a thing. You're just pissing yourself because the brown people outnumber you.

What means when listening to veggy/vegan evangelists just make me want to eat more meat?

Yes. Why wouldn't it be?

>Take the excessive rescources used in raising animals and use it to increase production of beans or whatever plant-based protein you want.
While you spent the time typing this post, soybean farmers burned down 100 acres of Brazilian rainforest. Increased production is sure working well!
>True, but this doesn't justify their cruel treatment. If we are going to eat them, the least we could do is treat them by humane standards.
"humane" standards mean nothing when applied to animals since they are not human, but I do agree that we need less gruesome conditions for livestock. Because it makes them taste better.
>Debatable, and there many things other than diet that are healthier which we don't do. Like cutting out refined sugar.
"Diet" means "the stuff you eat", not "starving yourself and only eating vegetables". Reduced sugar intake is part of a balanced diet.
And it's hardly debatable you fucking mongoloid, animal sources have a higher amount and better distribution of amino acids in comparison with plants. Humans are omnivorous.

> The Syrian conflict wasn't caused by overpopulation.
> The countries along the Nile aren't on the verge of war because of overpopulation.
> Overpopulation isn't driving many migration streams in Africa.
> Overpopulation isn't turning Pakistan/India/Bangladesh into a tinderbox again, only this time with nukes.

White people are the only reason overpopulation isn't a problem. It's white farmers in white nations, with a technology base created by white people having white altruism which sustains the current population density of the world.

Without whites we would already be overpopulated. Altruism will die with the white man.

If there were only few tens or hundreds of million people in the world it'd be fine and sustainable.
Before we cull human populus with heavy hand eating meat as a staple is a cause of many problems.

>overpopulation isn't real
>if u think so ur racist

Fucking hell, just get off the Internet please. Do the world a favor. Not even that user you responded to, just calling out your butthurt and misinformation.

I mean, isn't that a societal consensus then?

>what is brave new world
Hey why don't we just selectively breed some humans into becoming a slave race who are happy with being slaves. Everyone's happy, right?

humans=/=dogs

>It's okay to eat this kind of animal because its stupid

Better be careful before we eat you

Give it a few generations.

They already elected Trump; we're pretty much there.

>Is it wrong to eat animals?
No. Why would it be? We are, as a species, more suited to be omnivores than vegetarians. Could we do better at animal husbandry? Yes, but it's a lesser concern than global hunger to me.

And I'm a vegetarian. Not for moral reasons.

Yes, to gain something you have to pay a price, that price just happens to about an animal i've never seen alive

wtf you're a genius

Are you suggesting we start eating people

funny how some meat eaters get over defensive to the point of being offensive just because of the cognitive dissonance they're experiencing

Do you realise that nature is cruel? Most animals live the shortest, most brutal lives, usually punctuated by being eaten alive.

If a lion attacks you, just be glad, because it'll go for through throat first. Nearly every other animal will start chunking bits out of you before you die an agonising death.

Should our meat by factory farmed in terrible conditions? No.

Should our meat be farmed in a sustainable, least stress inducing way? Yes. These cows, pigs and chickens love life. They eat, shit and procreate, without a single worry of predators, until someone breaks their neck or puts a bolt through their skulls.

Nature is cruel. Humans can choose.

dailymotion.com/video/xsd0ta_graphic-content-warning-baboon-eats-gazelle-alive_animals

Watch this, you cucks.

No, but I tend to think that the ability to deprive oneself of physical pleasures in order to lessen suffering for others, particularly those that will never reciprocate or acknowledge your sacrifice, is indicative of virtuous character traits. Going without alcohol for a month and using the saved money to donate to charity anonymously, by the same logic, could also be indicative of virtue.

On the other hand, running around shaming people and loudly proclaiming you're a vegan to everyone you meet? That's more ego than anything.

It's like the Christian idea that authentic charity is anonymous charity, and that only hypocrites pray in public and draw attention to their proclaimed piousness.

Can you imagine how stringy and menthol-y nigger meat would be

>mentholy

tippety top

Since "ethical slaughter" isn't a thing, yes. They do taste good though.

We really need to speed up the destruction of nature and end all this unnecessary suffering.

>subsist

Subsist is what you do when a warlord burns your village and breaks your legs so you can't run away from the diamond mine. I take pride in doing better than subsisting.

if only "ethical cleansing" was a thing

Chickens are literally one of the dumbest fucking animals on the planet.

>Subsist is what you do when a warlord burns your village and breaks your legs so you can't run away from the diamond mine.

Trump's America everybody!