Can you help me Veeky Forums?

Can you help me Veeky Forums?

My mom(I do not live with her, I merely visit her frequently) believes in pseudoscience bullshit such as chakras, healing crystals, energy vortexes, alternative medicine, pineal gland third eye, and all kinds of other bullshit. She commonly brings scientific terms into the discussion to make herself sound smarter and consolidate her arguments. She states that she is "ascended" and that others are beneath her and also states that she is open to all discussion despite ignoring any replicated experiments or counter arguments that bring "negative energy" into her house.

Is it possible to fix people such as her, or is she to far to recover?

>Is it possible to fix people such as her, or is she to far to recover?

*too

But in any event, she's probably schizotypal, so no.

no, and it is very likely she needs all that stuff to help her cope with her real life problems

Nah I know a guy who claims to have 43 cures for cancer and free energy is suppressed by the by the government etc. I think it's just easier for them to believe this way than accept the scarier reality or face their own intellectual shortcomings

Antipsychotics

chakras are an established part of understanding the human body for thousands of years

just because they don't give off a signal that can be read by an electronic instrument doesnt mean they arent real

'thing makes me uncomfortable'
>Others must change

>witch magic is an established part of understanding the human body for thousands of years

just because it doesn't give off a signal that can be read by an electronic instrument doesnt mean it isn't real

Did you read what you posted?

basically, "just because they can't be detected by any scientific instruments or have any evidence towards their existence doesn't mean they're not real"

accidentally overdose on too many chakras, that will show her.

>commonly brings scientific terms into the discussion to make herself sound smarter
>all others are beneath her
>ignoring counter arguments
She'd probably like this board.

>She states that she is "ascended" and that others are beneath her and also states that she is open to all discussion despite ignoring any replicated experiments or counter arguments
send her here, she'll be right at home

Gravity Waves existed since the beginning but we couldn't detect them until this year.

No, and the sad thing is the state of "pay-to-earn" degree means that many people with actual doctorates support this bullshit despite the lack of any evidence at all and give genuine credence to this pseudo science crap.

It is the same way """nutritionists"""" have fooled many a lonely housewives into falling for the vegan/raw/paleo/gluten free (assuming no GENUINE medical reason) diet fads, that racial genetics is forbidden knowledge and anything that points to a gap in the races (and genders) is dismissed, and that climate change can be reversed by using solar power (which ends up costing more carbon than it saves).

>born just in time to enjoy easilly avalible occult knowledge on the internet, while mainstream science dogmatists and supertitious mystics bicker between themselves, keeping it in wraps just right for you to remain inpune and have prospects of profit and fun only now possible in the history of humanity

You and your mother are a microcosm of society, op.

Pretty much this. Its likely too deeply rooted in her psyche for how she makes it day to day. Stop trying to debate her and just tell your mother you love her.

lul

Technically speaking, that's true.

Doesn't mean there's not an astoundingly high probability they're not real though.

How is it that people thousands of years ago understood that the universe was made up of energy vibrating at different frequencies? Hermeticism still has a better explanation for reality than modern science. Until you realize that there is infinitely more then that which we can perceive with our rudimentary senses, you will be stranded in this intellectual wasteland of modern scientific conventions unable to wrap your mind around that which doesn't conform. In the future scientists will look back at the so called "scientists" of today and laugh at their small-minded perception of reality.

someone explain personal vibration frequency to me