DNA of pharaohs, how close they were to european?

>Since the 1970s, the issues regarding the race of the ancient Egyptians have been taboo subject for mainstream United States scientists.[31] The debate has thus been led by the public, focusing on specific issue
>refusal of the Secretary General of the Egyptian Supreme Council ... to release any DNA results which might indicate the racial ancestry

How is this allowed? I ask you!
This refusal directly harms the science, People absolutely need to know who Pharaohs were. We need to stop this degeneracy.

Anyway, what's the scientific guess -- to whom most prominent Pharahos were genetically close?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_haplogroups_of_historic_people#Tutankhamun
archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GENEALOGY-DNA/2010-02/1266545829
eutimes.net/2010/06/king-tuts-dna-is-western-european/
metro.us/news/most-euro-men-are-related-to-king-tut/tmWkha---471sADPhrCQ6/
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2022313/Up-70-British-men-related-Egyptian-Pharaoh-Tutankhamun.html
reuters.com/article/britain-tutankhamun-dna-idAFL3E7J135P20110801
islamicdawn.org/article/half-european-men-share-king-tuts-dna
ancientworldreview.com/2011/08/half-of-european-men-share-king-tuts-dna.html
youtube.com/watch?v=0GgVNyrMu2M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R1b#R1b1a2_.28R-V88.29
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No one will give you a legitimate response because the political implications of it would imply that Africans truly are that worthless and they've never developed anything. This happens everytime this topic is brought forth. Unfortunately science has become to politicized, when its entire purpose was supposed to be apolitical.

Besides, most if Veeky Forums is highschool students and freshman anyways.

It is scientifically proven that people in African regions on average have lesser developed brains that other regions of the world.

But, screw science, amirite? Your enforcing racism and your a bigoted sexist cis male who needs to check their privilege.

harms what science? can i dig you up and take some samples from your dickhole when youre dead op?

we wuz kangs etc. etc.

ok OP black people are dumb you can go back to your hugbox now

>Pharaohs were aliens this whole time
Really tickles the noggin

I don't care about their intelligence. I'm mad because we have DNA of a fucking Neanderthal so the scientists can use it to provide a better knowledge about humanity and a history of different nations but we let some dicks from this council stop us from using the DNA of Pharaohs that lived so recently. How come these people even have their jobs?

political implications

all the evidence points to one big elephant in the room

Is there a primary source to this?

It might make sense in that north african populations appear to have been descended from a eurasian population.

This genetic component exists most strongly today in the Copts and is shared by Berbers. These people mixed with many other groups over the thousands of subsequent years--- such as Arabs, Turks, and other African peoples. So it may make sense that an ancient Egyptian would be more similar to europeans than the average modern egyptian.

Although I would assume that his DNA would be even more similar to a Coptic Egyptian.

I'd have to see the data.

>EU Times
Nice fake news site, retard.

It's fake. His DNA mostly correlates with South African haplotypes.

On this wiki page there are all related sources as well as the history how it leaked

Not fake, see above.

>le whute peepl r speshial snowflaks

Take your fake article bullshit back to your hugbox .

It is not.

archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GENEALOGY-DNA/2010-02/1266545829

It's just RACIST to allow to post about Ramses III that had African haplogroup but don't allow to post about others who apparently had European haplogroups.

eutimes.net/2010/06/king-tuts-dna-is-western-european/

metro.us/news/most-euro-men-are-related-to-king-tut/tmWkha---471sADPhrCQ6/

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2022313/Up-70-British-men-related-Egyptian-Pharaoh-Tutankhamun.html

reuters.com/article/britain-tutankhamun-dna-idAFL3E7J135P20110801

islamicdawn.org/article/half-european-men-share-king-tuts-dna

ancientworldreview.com/2011/08/half-of-european-men-share-king-tuts-dna.html

ITT OP desperately tries to label King Tut as European in order to try to deal with some deep-seated insecurities.

Kill yourself OP, It literally doesn't matter to anyone.

apparently it does LOL

Just look at that negroid hair

Going for the overall map of the haplogroup, the most likely scenario is that he had hittite descendants. That said, I don't understand the fuss about it, since the vast majority of the royal families in history always where very genetic distinct from the people they ruled because of marriages with the royal families of neighboring nations and the like.

>unironically reading EU Times
holy shit dude

>So it may make sense that an ancient Egyptian would be more similar to europeans than the average modern egyptian.
Modern Egyptians are literally Arabs, the Pharaohs could've been literal Aryan nomads and they'd be closer to modern Euros.

>reuters.com/article/britain-tutankhamun-dna-idAFL3E7J135P20110801
>70 percent of british men and half of western european men
holy shit egyptians were not just white they were BRITISH HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

Well, he literally wasn't European.

But it's entirely possible that he was similar to what would today would be called "white".

Brits are fucking mutts so that's honestly surprising.

Though now this makes more sense. youtube.com/watch?v=0GgVNyrMu2M

Brits are not mutts. I don't know what internet you read that on. They are more well-preserved because they were on that dumb island. Irish are even purer for the same reason.

Ireland certainly, But Great Britain and England in particular was repeatedly invaded, you can bet that left a permanent mark.

This. Ramesses II Had straight, red hair (colored with henne when he grew older, but red when he was young, which linked him to his patron god, Set, who was also said to be red-haired). Just look at the general shape of his skull, and especially his nose. Does it look "black" to you?

The image of the post I replied to is not Ramesses II, but this reminded me of this particular case. There are many Egyptian mummies with fair hair and European features.

>An academic study which included DNA profiling of some of the related male mummies of the Eighteenth Dynasty of Egypt was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 2010. Tutankhamun's Y-DNA haplogroup was not published in the academic paper,[33][34][35] however iGENEA, a Swiss personal genomics company, claimed to have reconstructed King Tut's Y-DNA profile based on screencaps from a Discovery Channel documentary about the study. iGENEA without producing any proof, proposed that King Tut belonged to Y-DNA haplogroup R1b1a2

>While Western Europe is dominated by the downstream subclades of R1b1b – especially R1b1b2 (R-M269) – the Fulɓe and Chadic-speaking peoples of Africa are dominated by the primary branch now known as R1b1a (R-V88).

>R1b1a2 is defined by the presence of SNP marker V88, the discovery of which was announced in 2010 by Cruciani et al.[31] Apart from individuals in southern Europe and Western Asia, the majority of R-V88 was found in the Sahel among populations speaking Afroasiatic languages of the Chadic branch:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R1b#R1b1a2_.28R-V88.29

Wow, Tut is from Egypt. You sure did crack the code with that one.

tut was an ugly deformed child who managed to do nothing of significance before he died to a retarded accident.
he was buried in a tomb that was so tiny and shitty it was overlooked by nearly every grave robber at the time, and this is the only reason people give a damn about him.
why in god's name do people care about tut anymore? wake me up when they prove that narmer was a gypsy or some other bullshit.

I actually took a black studies course as an elective, and they really do emphasize that egyptians were black in african studies departments. We wuz kings isn't just a meme, they actually teach it ( my class had lectures with 100 people)

Ancient Egyptians didn't consider themselves Black, see pick related. They were probably closer to modern-day Berbers, with some European admixture.

The red color for men (and yellow for women) had a symbolic and religious signification, and was also prominent in Crete during the bronze age.

There are still living "ancient Egyptians" the Copts. Also while Egypt has been Arabised, genetically most Misri have barely any Arab genes.

What kind of implications is that? Will africans rion on exposure of their being so fucking stupid? Or will they realize that their ways are ape ones and will try to listen to white devils more? Or is it the whole point to keep africans in their ancient ways as nothing is wrong about it and let them kill eachother the more the better?
not as if it was something new:
If we see that Germany is winning we ought to help Russia, and if Russia is winning we ought to help Germany, and that way let them kill as many as possible although I don't want to see Hitler victorious under any circumstances.
—Harry Truman, one week after Hitler invaded the Soviet Union in 1941[79]

Because its irrelevant to almost everything and only matters to various kinds of racist

When the social/political climate calms down a bit more objective research will be done

If there was any question as to what my race or nationality was while I was alive, then yes, I would include dickhole scrapings in my will.

To deny the search for the objective truth in every part of our world and beyond it, is to stand in the way of human progress. It is to stand in the way of human understanding. To block science from any field, to say that all dust is fair game for analysis except THIS dust because of superstitions, is ignorant, and reinforcing ignorance.

It's one thing to ignore the truth. It's another to block it from everyone so that no one can realize it.

Is this thread filled with idiots or something?

Egypt is located in North East Africa which is the primordial ground for Eurasian migrations. Of course Ancient Egyptians had """Western European""" dna/admixture they fall within the same category as other North African populations where people are admixed with Eurasian/Sub-saharan genes in some various percentages.

This is not some super secret issue with political implications. Basic logic, history and a fucking world map would tell you the same thing.

The only difference is that the admixture and dna that Ancient Egyptians had is not necessary the exact "same" as modern Egyptians or Eurasians and Sub-saharans.

This may or may not be true, we just don't know.

These implications would be a dire blow to African culture and pride. The past is the past, knowing this solves nothing and would actually do a lot of damage.

If it is true, it would be best if this never came out.

There's no point in releasing information that will hurt a large population of people.

Reasonably subtle bait by Veeky Forums standards, well done

Who even says those european dnas are even fact based. Humans still experience human error

And that's why the Irish are inbred fucks.

You seem to be ignoring the obvious alternative theory which is that North Africa was also territory of modern Europeans back in the day - that modern Europeans have been getting pushed further and further north by sub-saharan Africans who out-reproduce them

What? But... we wuz kangs!
I swear... I read it. We wuz kangs! We ruled the egypt, yes!

No? I guess at least we wuz servants of kangs. Yes?

I mean there was at least one that I know of but judging by the evidence the society was mostly built by white Europeans and it wasn't until it was already largely successful that the brown population started to increase

To add to my other post here It would be akin to saying since Obama was president that blacks had founded and built America. Obviously not true and pretty fucking disingenuous

He had E-V13 probably which is the mediterranean Haplogroup, Greeks have it for example as well as a large number of continental Europeans due to migrations. The only actual european Haplogroup is the I-Haplogroup which is predominant in Scandinavians and former Yugoslavs like Croats and Serbs. R-Haplogroup comes from Asia.

> Western European
Celts?
Or just Rome raped Egypt like it raped Spain and Gaul?

>people who lived on the mediterranean were mediterranean
Wow, who would have guessed?

Why did you post eight links about the same study

Except there is no recorded large scale migration of dynastic Egyptians towards Europe. Modern Europe was already settled during the Egyptian dynasties, with Ancient Greece having known of the existence of Ancient Egypt.

And see.

>claimed to have reconstructed King Tut's Y-DNA profile based on screencaps from a Discovery Channel documentary about the study
>claimed
>study based off a screencap
>no primary source
>claimed

Sorry, try again.

Tut's tomb is afaik the only one that wasn't robbed, which makes it an invaluable resource for archaeologists. Then there was the circus around the discovery itself, many people died mysteriously, there were some weird coincidences reported and the media made up the sensationalistic stories about the mummy's curse. He was also the son of Akhenaten and inherited his mess. He's interesting enough, let's be honest (certainly more interesting than Sankhkare Mentuhotep III).

Tut's tomb was robbed twice in antiquity. It just wasn't picked clean like every other known Egyptian tomb (so far)

>half the links points to tabloid or pseudo-news bullshit indicating the kind of person the OP is
>hyped study only suggests the king had a common ancestor likely from somewhere in the caucus
>this is somehow mysterious even though egypt was a well developed civlization at the literal cross roads of Africa, Asia and Europe
>a single pharaoh represents all of ancient egypt

OP is literarly a /pol/ baby trying to secure snowflake points. See