Wall

Where would Veeky Forums build the wall?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals#Eligibility
twitter.com/AnonBabble

in the economy, through tariffs and taxes and heavy penalties to any American found hiring illegal immigrants
fuck the idea of an actual physical wall

Why don't we deport the illegals? How the fuck will corporations know if someones legal or not

>will corporations know if someones legal
because citizens and legal immigrant eligible for work in the country will have legit papers
>Why don't we deport the illegals
never did i mention not to do that as well

a physical wall is a stupid piece of shit that will be expensive to build, even more expensive to maintain, and does little to do anything since a shitload of immigrants overstay visas and get into the country by plane

>fuck the idea of an actual physical wall
?
why would you say that when millions of illegals and huge quantities of drugs crosses the border for lack of a wall?

Around Chicago and Detroit and treat them like Israel treats Gaza.

This has nothing to do with science. Take your maymem politics back to /pol/

>illegals
deprive them of jobs. illegals can be hard to track, but legit businessmen are not. you don't have to audit each one of them, just set heavy punitive measure against anyone hiring illegals
>drugs
treat addiction as a fucking disease instead of sending some random nigga/cracka to a privately managed prison for years for smoking a joint

Absolutely this.

What about job creation? I bet you never thought of that. Welcome to the real world.

Ceding that much land made me irrationally angry until I considered the implications of the map.

heaven on earth in pic related. please build a wall around us. We're simple hicks and dangerous white nationalists. you don't want nothin to do with us. please build a wall around us.

>What about job creation
tax-funded temporary job creation, like paying people to dig ditches in the morning and filling them back before dusk

? maybe the construction team organised to build the wall then can be used to build and fix infrastructure around the country.

What happens in that region?

construction companies already have employees and a sizable force of people they lay off at the end of contracts, but yeah the infrastructure plan will suck up a bit of unemployment
however i still maintain my point, the wall does nothing that cannot be better accomplished by policy. unlike the wall, roads, the grid, and power plants actually help generate profit

You can't stop under the table jobs through laws, you need a physical barrier to stop them coming

I'm going to repost some shit I posted a few days ago in another post-trump /pol/b8 thread.

(1/4)

I lived in the US illegally (overstay) for 20 years. Here are some common misconceptions.
>Permanent residency (greencard) and citizenship are different things. Permanent resident is a pre-requisite for citizenship and is very difficult to obtain. Once you have permanent residence you only need to live in the US for a certain number of years and then take a citizenship test to earn your citizenship. However to get permanent residency in the first place is typically much more difficult, takes a lot longer, and costs more money. However there are many different processes (marrying a citizen is probably the fastest and most painless way to obtain permanent residency). I only mention this because I hear a lot of people confused about why immigrants don't just take the relatively easy citizenship test.
>"Illegal immigrant" is an informal umbrella term. It includes people who crossed the border as well as people who entered the country legally as tourists but overstayed on their visa (went out of status). A large proportion (somewhere around half) of the "illegal immigrants" entered the country legally. Overstays are not affected by the wall and they're in a much better legal situation than those who entered illegally. In general crossing the border illegally is viewed as an extremely dangerous expensive scam perpetuated by coyotes against people who don't know there are better alternatives. Many illegals in the US would like the see coyotes stopped.
>Working a job where you get paid under the table happens but not as commonly. It's risky for employers and it's risky for you. Instead what most people do is they share social security numbers and get fake IDs/social security cards. Then they pose as a regular ass citizen and apply for a normal ass job. This means your employer thinks you're a normal citizen and you pay taxes like a normal person.

(cont.)

>thinking that drugs are a problem
>thinking that drugs won't still get in
>thinking that the US doesn't profit immensely from the drug war

My oh my user, you are simple.

The bible belt. Fucking redneck filth

(2/4)

Anchor babies aren't really a thing though to explain why I have to address different definitions/claims for anchor baby that people give.
>One claim is that an anchor baby will get the family legal status -- however, in order for an 'anchor baby' to sponsor a family member for permanent residency, said anchor baby must be over the age of 21. Then on top of that there's extra eligibility criteria and processing times (for parents it's under a couple years but for siblings it can take over a decade). In the 22 years you wait for your anchor baby to get you permanent residency you could have probably acquired citizenship by other means.
>Another claim is that having an anchor baby means that no one will want to deport you -- this one is more complicated. Essentially what happens is that ICE will hold the parents at a detention center for years while they await their trial, because of this most people just take the plea deal instead (allegedly the process is purposely slow for this purpose). I have never heard of anyone with young children waiting out the time in order to go to trial so at least to my knowledge it isn't true in any practical sense and may not necessarily be true in any other sense either. I'll elaborate on this in the next post.

(cont.)

(3/4)

This is a personal experience of mine related to that second argument in the last post. Swift & Co (chain of meat packing plants) were raided nationwide for knowingly hiring people with crooked papers (allegedly it wasn't uncommon for them to have several people working there under the same name and social security number at the same time). When this happened ICE surrounded each plant and arrested everyone inside without legal status. Once the operation was finished they transported the people out, called the operation a big success, and left. Unfortunately they didn't bother to follow up with these people or the community and failed to realize that many young children (mostly American citizens) went home to empty houses without any idea wtf was going on because both of their parents were being detained. At the time I was volunteering with a community group and over a span of about a month we managed to track down over a hundred kids (and their parents in Mexico) who had been living with neighbors, teachers, and if lucky a family member. Our group then raised money in order to pay for plane tickets in order to send these kids to their parents in Mexico we also threw a small Christmas party for them with donated toys as gifts. Not one parent that I was aware of decided to wait it out in ICE's detention facilities. Not one person was stopped from being deported because of their American 'anchor baby". Worse still, almost every American child we tracked down ended up being effectively deported because their parents were. This isn't the only instance I've seen with this sort of thing but it is the most striking. At any rate, it is a personal experience and you likely won't find anything about it on the news (besides how successful the raids were). At least I hope it serves to explain that while I think what ICE did was irresponsible, I do not think it was illegal, and it is this nuance that allows the notion of an anchor baby to be spun so much by the media.

(4/4)

The Deam Act and DACA actually have some pretty sane reasoning.
>The basic premise for the dream act is is that since they grew up in the US most of them identify as American. Furthermore, the US has already invested in these kids through education and other means so by giving them a restricted path toward permanent residence (with limitations) the US is essentially cutting their losses (otherwise they would be deporting a bunch of US educated kids who identify as American). The Dream Act has all these extra rules that say stuff like -- a "Dreamer" who obtains permanent residency through the program will never be able to sponsor family members for permanent residency. I don't believe that the Dream Act will be passed any time soon, if ever.
>The basic premise for DACA is that it gives all of the "good" illegal immigrants a way for them to come out of the shadows. Note that DACA has some straightforward and reasonable eligibility criteria linked below. The people I know who are on DACA are people who got through university on private scholarships and have no criminal records. The people I know who were not eligible for DACA (and are therefore not on DACA) are people who either dropped out of high school or fucked up and got some shit on their record. Ironically, if Trump deports all of the DACA people then he's only deporting the "good" illegal immigrants and leaving all of the shitheads and gang bangers to take over influence in the communities.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals#Eligibility

This sounds like a good idea on paper but it will only affect the businesses that knowingly hire illegal immigrants. Most illegals use stolen/borrowed identities or modified social security cards (non-citizens are able to get a social security card but it says you can't use it for work, it's easy to shoop that out and make a convincing fake). ID's are more complicated. Back in the day illegal immigrants were capable of getting state ID's and since the DMV assumes you're eligible for a new state ID/license based on if you already had one then many of the older illegal immigrants have just been renewing their legit licenses for years. As for the younger illegal immigrants or recent arrivals, they use fake or borrowed ID's. Some cities in the US allegedly also issue legit ID's/licenses to illegals but I haven't seen how this works myself so I can't elaborate on it.

tl;dr: Unless your employer really scrutinized your shit or asked you to bring in a birth certificate then that employer would have no idea if they've hired an illegal immigrant. You should also be very surprised if they in fact hadn't.

This is already being done. Really the discussion on this front hinges more on "how" to deport illegals (eg. a massive deportation force going door to door nazi style vs deporting people who commit a crime vs other shit).

>a physical wall is a stupid piece of shit that will be expensive to build, even more expensive to maintain, and does little to do anything since a shitload of immigrants overstay visas and get into the country by plane
This! The only reasons anyone is against the wall are because it's impractical and the sort of rhetoric it creates is toxic.
>The wall won't affect me or anyone I know but it brings out racism in the community.

>what happens in that region

people get along with their lives. it's blue collar and aint flashy. farming throughout. chem, steel, coal--- energy in general. For the most part we live lives similar to the rest of you.

you'd probably think we're simple. then later in life you'd write an essay about how maybe we aint simple, and we had it right all along.

don't do that, not even in your diary.

Looks green and comfy
It would be lovely to live in a house amongst those hills inna woods

>why would you say that when millions of illegals and huge quantities of drugs crosses the border for lack of a wall?

The only illegals who cross the border illegally are those scammed by Coyotes. Illegals want that shit to be stopped too.

With regards to cartels and drugs you would have a point if it weren't for the leaked Stratfor documents showing that the CIA is totally cool with them bringing in cartel drugs.

I lol'd and am not against this.

Most illegals don't work under the table jobs because they are incredibly shit tier. It's dangerous for the employer to do that shit so they only do it if they can pay shit. Only new arrivals get suckered into that shit.