Food documentaries

Name food documentaries worth watching. Bonus if it's on youtube. I'll start; "Hot Coffee" is on youtube. Mostly legal stuff but still interesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/dnonkong/06-call-of-the-wild
youtube.com/watch?v=0f-j1ctaQqw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jiro dreams of sushi and Food are both on Netflix, not sure about YouTube but great to watch

i saw hot coffee, it tries to portray that old sow that sued mcdonalds as some old poor lady who got her pussy burnt off when really she was a greedy greasy deadbeat.

The coffee was too hot, tho.

Chef's table; on Netflix (where I saw it).

>An insider's look behind the kitchen doors of some of the world's top chefs.
>Travel the world each episode, my favourite is in Argentina (of all places!) because they cook outside and catch the food/ grow locale produce.
>Brasilian one is interesting too because they don't eat conventional food.

Avoid season 2 unless you like left wing politics.

>Avoid season 2 unless you like left wing politics.

Why does everything have to be this way now?

that coffee was like, 100 degrees too hot
thats why she sued mcdonalds.

But she was holding it in her cunt while in a moving car.

Like if someone goes to a restaurant and thrusts their knife into their retard throat should someone have to pay for that too?

No, it's much better to punish everyone with tepid coffee rather than just ignore a woman who's shoving a fucking Keurig in her dusty twat.

Oh shit.
I took the bait didn't I?

God damn it. Ya got me.

Because nobody is open minded anymore.

Because neither end of the political compass can reconcile each other anymore because people all over have fragile feelings that can't be offended.

Also all of Chefs Table, including Season 2 and France is worth watching. Has great anecdotes, great personalities, international appeal, and on point directing if you're into that side of it.

She could be both, you know. Because she really DID get her pussy burnt off. That's not up for debate.

It's fucking coffee, I'd sue you if you gave me it cold

a bite of china

Anything Rick Sebak does is super comfy and nostalgic and worth watching

>Because neither end of the political compass can reconcile each other anymore because people all over have fragile feelings that can't be offended.

Could it be the constant animosity, steamrolling of civil rights for decades, and economic policies encouraging a nationwide race to the bottom? Nah, I'm sure the left is just a bunch of too sensitive crybabies who need a safe space, that's totally it.

>RIck Sebak
Hell fucking yes. That man is a legend. We'd always watch his sandwich one in school when our woodshop teacher was sick.

I grew up watching the Ice Cream, Hot Dog, and Amusement Park shows recorded off of PBS back in the day when you had to record shows on VHS and look them up in a paper TV Guide. The diner one is also great. Food's changed a lot in the last 20-25 years since those were all new.

WOWW I CAN'T HAVE 100+ DEGREE COFFEE WTF GOVERNMENT

Not only was it hotter than was legally allowed, but they had multiple violations of this very sort. Additionally, I'm not sure you realize the extent to which the burns penetrated her skin, for it to be that hot was insanely criminal and stupid.

Actually, it was McDonald's fault.

The coffee was about 190F coming out of that machine they were using. It's not supposed to be served that hot.

>Jiro dreams of sushi
Like any intelligent, forward thinking citizens of the 21st century, my wife and I are feminists. And like any feminists we were shocked and disgusted by this movie.

Both the main character (Jiro) AND the narrator are male! If alarms aren't going off in your head so far you're probably a bigot. Things became more and more repulsive as the movie played on. All of the supporting characters are male! And even worse, almost every single character in the movie is male!

I don't care if this is a documentary. My wife left the room in tears at the end of the first hour during a particularly sickening scene where Jiro serves a room full of customers. He says (not an exact quote) "I made the meals smaller for the women and larger for the men so that everyone would finish at the same time." Things like this would be expected in a film about Adolf Hitler or Winston Churchill (both disgusting sexist pigs)but in a movie about food it was just chilling. And that wasn't even the worst part! The women in the room appeared (probably special effects or movie magic of some type) TO APPROVE OF THIS. Can you believe that?

My wife won't talk about it and I'm not sure I could if I wanted to. I finished the movie with tears in my bloodshot eyes. I can't believe we've advanced so far as a society and women are still seen as being gutter scum.

Anyone forward thinking enough to simply be on the internet, to find this movie, to read this review, will be disgusted by the brutally sexist assault on your senses and common decency this movie has gotten away with.

She was also found to have 'something' fault' and to be fair coffee that hot would be impossible to drink without severe burns in the first place. I can't remember everything since this happened forever ago but I don't think she was driving with it either. She was opening the lid, probably to get it to cool down in the first place.

It was way back in the 80's, when Reagan culture made a big deal about "too much gummint picking on the poor big corporations", and promoted myths like this. There had been several complaints (legitimate) about Mc Donald's serving the coffee way, way too hot to touch, not to mention drink. They ignored them.

I remember drinking their coffee back then (it was much worse coffee than now). Had to take the lid off and blow on it for a good 15 minutes before daring to take a sip.

coffee is too fucking hot 95% of the time anyways

Forgot to mention that there was some obvious method to their madness: The coffee was so bad that they had to encourage you to drink it at an extreme temperature so you couldn't taste it.

I Like Killing Flies

Just had to mention it in a documentary thread.

You claim to have watched the movie but apparently didn't remember the facts
>she was not in a moving car, it was parked >she was not the one driving it either
>originally her family asked Mcdonalds to help pay for her 10k medical bill and they refused to pay for it
>along with asking for help with the bill her family asked Mcdonalds to look into how hot their coffee was and see if it was a broken machine that caused it to be that overheated, or if it was their policy, to change the temperature so this didn't happen to anyone else

pic related is her burns and skin grafts she had to get after

Learn the facts of the case you throw around, you ignorant dumbshit.

I've seen that pic before and I've read about the case.
I'm a nurse and I just cannot believe this is real. Maybe it is; I'm sure McDonald's brought in some doctors smarter than me to try and disprove it, but I just CANNOT believe that a cup of coffee could cause this.
It can't have been hotter than 100 C of course and even a large cup can only hold so much heat energy. These are some nasty deep necrotic burns, though.
Fucking how?

Yeah McDonalds fucked up, they served coffee that was nearly boiling back then

>hotter than was legally allowed
What the fuck are you talking about, idiot?

There must be other food documentaries to talk about.

She was old, so her burns would heal horribly, getting infected. She also had tight-fitting clothes on her, so she was basically boiling in her own car.

McD's coffee was supposed to be served at 60 degrees celcius, or something. She got coffee that was close to boiling.

I bet he's talking about a temperature that has, in a court of law, been deemed inappropriate and careless. What are you talking about?

I highly recommend the Argentina episode of Chef's Table too, the one with Francis Mallmann. In particular, I fucking love the song they made just for the episode, even though it's just a little bit of guitar. soundcloud.com/dnonkong/06-call-of-the-wild

The Search For General Tso (2014)

Michelin Stars The Madness of Perfection:
youtube.com/watch?v=0f-j1ctaQqw

Fed Up and Just Eat It are both worth watching.

Water boils at 212 degrees. First degree burns can be instantly caused from 162 and up.

if she was stationary why the fuck couldnt she have moved the coffee before the heat had so much time to transfer over causing such burns?
unless it was intentional.

how quick can you take off your pants seated in a car while in incredible pain?

Not that user. But quite fast. Hornets are shit heads if you weren't aware. One managed to crawl up into my pant leg about 15 years ago while I was in my friends car.

I've never taken my pants off quicker than that in my life.

You are not a 90yo grandma tho

It's hard to find food documentaries that don't make you feel shit about eating everything

The one with Alex Atala was the best imo, the direction and music on that were fucking outstanding too.

>moved the coffee
Because it has soaked into her clothing. Removing the clothing probably required help, and no-one else would have reacted appropriately as they couldn't imagine the coffee being that hot.

I mean, it happened. You're arguing post facto that the set of circumstances are improbable and therefore it couldn't have happened. That's not how probability works. Probability applies to the frequency which we can expect future events. It's not a way to dismiss events that have already taken place. I'm not even getting into whether your assessment of probability for a 90y/o having trouble ripping her pants on in a car is a good one or not. It's simply not relevant.
You are, as the saying goes, making so little sense that you're not even wrong.

YO CJ YOU WANT SOME HOT COFFEE?!

How's her son doing?

Any suggestions for links to watch his stuff?

Age was originally not part of the question. Nice job moving the goalposts.

They 8 the b8 good job m8

In Defense of Food

coffee is supposed to be hot though

it was her damn fault for trying to add sugar or whatever while in a vehicle

she should have sued her son or whoever was driving for not bringing her inside the restaurant to fix her drink properly on a counter

I watched something about the history of pizza on discovery/food network/natgeo. I don't remember too well other than the basis of pizza came from mexico when poor people put tomato paste on bread, which found its way to Italians, and then again in America where it became what we call pizza today.

WE

>coffee is supposed to be hot though
not 190 degrees celsius