What ruins a local restaurant for you

What ruins a local restaurant for you?

What I mean is that you enjoy the food and the atmosphere, but then something happens that ruins the place for you and makes you not want to go there. Could be social, could be a menu change, price change, etc.

A really obvious example would be asking out one of the servers and them saying "no" or the date going awkwardly A.K.A. the classic "shitting where you eat".

A personal example for me would be when servers or bartenders try to get to know me. I don't like the feeling of social obligation when I go out to eat-- that is, sitting at the bar and feeling the need to have a constant conversation with the bartender. It's social and professional worlds colliding.

If I see an employee in the place that doesn't look like someone I would trust.

I'm sure we all know what I'm talking about.

Agreed. Unless I am getting soul food.

>not wanting to chit chat with the bar tender

I liked your kind, I just had to make sure you had your drinks and could leave you to your own devices, OP you're not a faggot in my book

-it's good and eventually becomes too busy due to media coverage (leading to the place becoming overcrowded/prices rising/lower quality product)

-change of owner or loss of chef leading to falling quality of food

-going there too often and getting sick of everything on the menu or the menu never changes

-they get shut down for a few days by the health inspector for having rat feces in the ingredients

-the opposite of OP. Being a regular somewhere, but am treated impersonally - typically when I need (or would really like) something but they don't do the favor.
Every relationship's built on reciprocity.

Black people or obvious Muslims.

Or the other Muslims.

You know who I'm taking about. You get banned for talking about them on this board.

When the hostesses are total and absolute cunts.

Food poisoning will do it for me. Local breakfast joint near me had some of the best waffles and sausage gravy I've ever had. One 4 day bout of food poisoning later, and I'll never go back.

>Food poisoning will do it for me.

This is why I refuse to go eat at a restaurant that I work at. I've seen too much shit to know that I can't trust anyone to give me something that won't potentially put me in the hospital.

I don't even trust the fucking ice there.

But to answer OP's question
>being able to see the kitchen staff when sitting down and seeing them laughing, having fun or being lackadaisical with their work

rude waiters

>The best fucking chinese food sit-down place in the city, and the prices aren't bad either
>Doesn't do delivery

Restaurants where they overdo the service

When I go to a restaurant I want to be able to eat, drink and talk to my companions in peace. I don't want to be interrupted every 5 minutes by someone asking me how my food is (usually while I'm chewing a mouthful of food) or filling up my glass of water every time I take a sip. There's a certain sort of upmarket restaurant that thinks customers want to be treated like royalty, where the waiters are there to be your sniveling little sycophantic slaves. Maybe people for whom going to a Michelin-tier restaurant is a once in a lifetime experience might appreciate this. But I hate it, it puts me on edge and makes the whole meal unrelaxing. The service should be regular without being intrusive

Obviously the opposite extreme of the spectrum is just as bad if not worse

Portioning

If you motherfuckers charge me fifteen bucks for a regular ass burger and fries, I'm fucking right off

Mexicans, Chinese "people", white cooks that look like they do drugs, hipsters that scoff when you don't tip them for that $4.37 12 Oz Cafe latte.

FOH staff on phones
>these idiots need to be fired immediately. fuck you, get out. fuck off.

FOH staff getting loud at the cooks the second they pass the double-doors to the kitchen
>FOH staff only communicates with the expediter, who is the only person talking to the wheel, who is the only person talking to the line cooks.

these two things will trigger a very brief, very stern job-coaching session for the FOH lead or Manager-on-Duty followed by a walk out.

This.
I hate when them gays touch my food.

When a baby is crying and ruining the atmosphere.
Granted my kind of restaurant is McDonalds or Burger King.

One restaurant I used to go to was ruined for me after they served me a "dirty martini" which I found out after the fact was literally just half vodka/half olive brine. Apparently it's their most popular drink, somehow. I know it was deep in flyover country but why the hell would you drink a glass of pure alcohol and salt when you can order ANYTHING else on the drink menu.

Also another place I know used to be really good, but they got a new chef and raised the prices on every menu item by $10+. To add insult to injury the old chef copyrighted the food names or something, so all the menu items had their names changed to generic names like "Chicken" and "Hamburger".

Dirty utensils, glasses, tables or floors.

If my food comes out on anything other than a plate/bowl, i'm looking at you wooden plank.

Restaurants that try to be high end or hipster and the food doesn't match the price tag.

As well as the obvious rude waiters, bad food etc etc

>'Hemingway's cafe' in the city centre, one of those franchised hipster cafe chains (its shit)
>sit down to have some tea while waiting for my GF to finish work
>get tea
>dirty spoon
>some kind of coffee crust on the cup insides
>$6 for a bag of cheap tea
Drank the tea and paid the bill like a man, never going there again
>

this triggers the ck

Yep. Any place that employs white trash needs to just fucking stop.

I really hate it when whatever I'm drinking is empty for longer then 5 minutes when the restaurant isn't that busy. I could understand if the waiter was doing other shit, but if they aren't, I sometimes wish I could get up and just get my own refill.
I also get kind of sad when they don't have the type of drink I want, or if they are out of something that is on their menu. That is less of a big deal though.

waitresses younger than me calling me or anyone with me "sweetie"

This right here. It makes me not want to go back unless the food is incredible and unlike anywhere else. Shit ill drive to the next farthest dunkin donuts if they have nicer people working who won't give me an attitude when i nicely ask for a remake when they fuck up.

I used to go to this hot dog place but one time i thought they overcharged me so i said something and they denied it. I didnt believe them so i started yelling at them and calling them fucking faggots and they started laughing. Not sure if i was actually overcharged or not, i was pretty drunk. Too embarrassed to return.

ITT: skinheads, the autistic, and stingy motherfuckers

why do I even come here anymore

Seeing an obese male in a trench coat and wearing a fedora highly judging every last thing around the restaurant. Just to throw a fit when his food arrives and act like a child saying he will not eat this. Then hops on his mobility scooter and leaves without paying after eating the meal saying it didn't deserve his money.

>When she calls everyone "sweetie"

And turbo fatties. I have no idea

Has anyone ever had a waitress sit down in the booth with you to take your party's order? Like she's trying to be personable or something and make friends with you?

I don't mind friendly waitresses, but that crosses a line. Be professional, don't be my friend.

Also
>carpeted floors

>waitress sit down in the booth with you to take your party's order
>carpeted floors
Flyover detected

That sounds horrible. It should be more like 95% alcohol, 5% olive.

Seriously though, I'm getting really annoyed when I order a martini and the server asks "vodka?" If I want a vodka martini I would have said that. The default is supposed to be gin. That's like if I asked for a salad and they said "you want fruit salad, right?"

Yea, but we had been coming there for months and always sat in that waitress's section. She was a qt too.

When i go into the bathroom and the sink doesnt even work. I've seen that before.

>A really obvious example would be asking out one of the servers and them saying "no" or the date going awkwardly A.K.A. the classic "shitting where you eat".
I like the feeling of having them serve me after this.

For me it would be that their "club sandwich" isn't a triple Decker (or worse made on a bun) or has ham on it.

When the BLT is on a hoagie roll, and they use little crushed up bacon bits
instead of bacon slices. Been to a couple places
that did that. It was a mouthful of bread.

When a mexican restaurant is really cheap about their sauce. I'll order about 5 tacos and they
give me one little plastic container.

Stop going to Hooter's, no they never wanted to fug you

When they have something on the menu and it's amazing and my favorite thing, only to be told on my next couple of visits that they are out of it and I have to settle on something else. I stopped going to a sushi place because they did this with grilled salmon collar and a Vietnamese place because they never had chicken wings

when the price is per 100g rather than the total portion. I don't want to order a fish dish and then spend the remainder of my dinner wondering how much it actually costs.

>also, pic related