Sweet Potatoes

What are some other ways/things to cook with sweet potatoes?

I eat them a couple of times a week because they're cheap, relatively healthy and delicious, but I'm getting sick of how I normally eat them.

what I normally do:
>slice into medallions, leave skin on
>finely dice some garlic
>salt, pepper, little bit of maple syrup, some fresh sage if I have it around
>roast until soft but not falling apart

How else can I cook these? Even if it's the same way, what are some other flavors I can try? Sometimes I'll mix it up and roast some brussel sprouts with them as well.

>inb4 marshmallows, its good but i don't want the beetus

Other urls found in this thread:

food52.com/blog/18264-two-ingredient-frosting-as-creamy-as-the-canned-stuff-with-far-more-flavor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

son de lima peru

that's worse than marshmallows my man

Its beats and bacon on top of sweet potatoes.

i find they tend to be better parboiled before roasting, though generally I cook them more chunkily rather than in discs.

Twice baked, and add garlic and sriracha while mashing.

Sweet potatoes are an excellent ingredient for soup. Sweet potato and peanut soup with a bit of cilantro is one of my favorite dishes.

Sweet potato fries with a dash of cinnamon and cloves are a great snack, easy to make it batches and store for reheating in an oven.

Do what you normally do, but also roast some heirloom carrots and onion, and eat them alongside the potatoes.

Boil them in a mix of coke and milk

I mash them up with corn starch and make a cake, then pan fry them in heavy whipping cream and sprinkles. Jelly beans to garnish.

>Cube and roast in oil / herbs until crisp(ish)
>Serve over Chilli as an alternative to rice

Not very authentic but a delicious alternative.

Mashed sweet potatoes. Little milk, little butter, maybe some sugar if you like.

Boil em
Mash em
STICK EM IN A STEW

You can chocolate frosting with them.
food52.com/blog/18264-two-ingredient-frosting-as-creamy-as-the-canned-stuff-with-far-more-flavor

>Sweet potato curry

I just slice them, add a bit of salt and pepper, lightly coat with olive oil and bake.

WHY DOES NO ONE PUT GOAT CHEESE ON THEIR SWEET POTATOES?

This, stab your sweet potatoes and nuke them for a few minutes in the microwave, then split them down the middle, scrape a little of the flesh out; stuff with balsamic/caramalised onions, roast them for a little bit in the oven and top with goats cheese, works with a creamy blue or you could melt some brie on top aswell

With the scooped innards mix with some wilted spinach and garlic and use as a base for those stuffed bad boys

Sweet potato gnocci

www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/mashed-sweet-potatoes-with-brown-sugar-and-pecans-15683

so god damned good

bake em whole and eat em like a baked spud with cinnamon, butter and a little brown sugar.

They make a pretty good veg curry.

This. They're amazing in Thai curries. One of my favorite additions to Panang curry.

>relatively healthy

Ya if being one of the most nutritionally dense foods on the fucking planet is only considered "relatively healthy"

Baked. I eat then with butter, brown sugar, cayenne, bacon bits and green onion.

i usually have half a baked sweet potato with natural creamy peanut butter. lil carb. lil protein. good breakfast for busy mornings.

underrated