Atlas V GOES-R launch

Launch of the GOES-R earth and space weather satellite aboard the Atlas V 541

watch live here youtube.com/watch?v=UdmHHpAsMVw

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/torybruno/status/800106724636106752
youtube.com/watch?v=tGjUg6hQpLg
goes-r.gov/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>NASA: MAKE AMERICAN WEATHER GREAT AGAIN!

Why do I love ULA so much? It's pretty simple when I think about it. ULA isn't just the best launch provider in the country; they might just be the greatest launch provider of all time. Just imaging the Altas V riding through the skies of Earth, the wind on its fairing, the mighty RD-180 below it. As she rides through the red sky, NASA swoons at her very scent. They know how she smells; the essence of burning RP-1 smell is sold in Orlando under the name of "Space Orgasm." The very nature of ULA is mystery. Could they be playing a deeper game than even Tory Bruno realizes? The answer is yes, ULA has transcended such boundaries as the physical world, and has free will to do whatever they sees fit. However, ULA is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that they does not even use these powers. Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the ULA is not one that is easily penetrated. ULA rockets are such a force of nature in this realm that nothing can truly touch them, the only thing keeping them bound to this world at all is their will to exist within the preordained boundaries understood physics. ULA is not only beyond the comprehension of us, it exists within a plane of true focus and beauty. Observe the plume of exhaust gasses from this Delta IV, the gorgeous and rippling flames, the gallant fairing, and most importantly, its engines. Her engines, like cauldrons straight from hell, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of ULA. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt. ULA is not just a launch provider, a formless collection of engineers and rockets; they are themselves the binding that holds the word together. Without ULA, Musk the Menace takes over and the entire space industry as we know it crumbles. The Mississippi would stop flowing without ULA, Kessler syndrome would take over in orbit, and the space station would fall without their fiery gaze. These are just of a few of the reasons why I like ULA so much.

is this a pasta?

Veeky Forums doesn't care about ULA launches. They only want to see Meme-X rockets explode.

I think the fact that ULA launches are always so mundane says a lot about how great the Atlas-V. No one hypes for Atlas-V launches because they all know that the launch will go perfectly. There's no hype or tension, everyone knows the payload will be delivered.

Atlas V 541 is the most aesthetic rocket

If it isn't. It should be.

Tory?

I like all rocket launches. Every rocket that gets to orbit is a marvel of engineering.

Flight here after a massive absence.
We will not be making the opening of the launch window. Expect a wait in time before going to internal power.
Further information to come.

Shit hurry up it's getting dark.

The launch window is an hour long. Launching at night is a more appealing frame anyways. Especially since the rocket will cross into the terminator between day and night.
It's truly a wonderful sight to see.

timestamp or gtfo

Interestingly, The Weather Channel is actually covering the launch live.

Apparently as far as meteorologists are concerned this new satellite is the bees' knees.

bees don't have knees, you dumbass

The Sensors, processing, data resolution scan time is like sex in the form of a satellite. The downlink, (My side of the house, though I'm not needed on site tonight since my shift ended at 12pm today) is rather decent, but nothing that the AEHF-1 satellite hasn't already been doing. Telemetry is showing the anomaly, and the engineers are just going through the checklist to eliminate possible causes.

Are you sure?

NET launch time is currently 17:52

twitter.com/torybruno/status/800106724636106752

what

It's not gonna happen today, is it?

They still have 40 minutes

Delayed until 18:02. Next launch window is 16:42 to 17:42 Sunday November 20th.
Since the channel is on a closed loop right now, and I can't get tapped into the loop from home, I'll just point out that the 20th of November happens to be a bit of a bad day to do certain things according to Buddhist tradition. It deals with certain spirits (Or demons if you will) That have the ability to manifest when high energy moments begin thus bringing poor luck.

My physics instructor helped develop the IR channels. Bretty neato

What does the X37B do

> It deals with certain spirits (Or demons if you will) That have the ability to manifest when high energy moments begin thus bringing poor luck.

But this is the Trump timeline where everything is the opposite.

Sorry, not my lane, and not worth getting fired.

We get it, you vape...

What's your job? How did you get it? What's you educational background?

NET 6:12 PM. One more test being run in the meantime. Short timeline for the resolution.

8 years signals analyst with the U.S. Army. I do satellite downlink network testing. I applied through a contractor and after interviewing and getting rejected for a WPAFB site, I got accepted for a Greenbelt site. I have an electrical engineering degree and Signals Analyst Basic, Intermediate BDNA, IDNA (Intermediate Data Network Analysis), Advanced Satellite communications.
I'm originally from Ohio, so I went Army to get any kind of opportunity. When I got out, I went through a bit of a bad spell, but was lucky enough to land the contracting position.

It's fairly obvious at this point that the X-37B is just a bus for testing new gizmos to put on spy satellites.
>Make new space spying gadget.
>Send it up for a couple years to test it's spy skills
>Bring it back down so you can look at the wear and tear it received while in space.

Another delay.
Looks like they're running an additional test.

Why do problems appear so late? could this testing not me done earlier?

Problem is on Centaur. Not atlas, nor the GOES-R Hence the siblings.

False positive. Proceeding with count.

Fuel mixing valve was giving a false positive and all sites are saying 6:22

I'm here Veeky Forums
>"launch vehicle issue"

Range issue.
Kathy Winters rides again.

Goddamnit, Eastern Range FIX YO SHIT.

Im watching this from my restaurant job. My coworker just said she's more interested in the notre dame game.

I remember during the eventful Ares 1-X launch, there was a boat that had wandered into the range.

Picture of the boat

Eastern Range plz

Mobile internet sucks out here right now

Just drop the stages on them.

It only takes once for the rest to learn the hard way.

TWC was talking about ranges from the launch that are safe. I remember my first launch in 2010 I got to watch from the roof of the launch control. I used a shitty digital camera at the time but loved every second of my first in person launch.
We network folk are generally just sitting around making sure that the connections are intact and little else.

6:27 is still the target time.

youtube.com/watch?v=tGjUg6hQpLg

>mfw United Launch Alliance boats trolling the coastguard during those SpaceX launches

>That one time the Coast Guard sent a chopper to the boat that was in SpaceX range and yelled to them to GTFO on open adio

Go for internal power, which means that we are expecting to launch at 6:32 pm.

YOU ARE IN THE ROCKET LAUNCH HAZARD AREA. Still have the webm somewhere.

JUST LAUNCH THE BASTARD

inb4 launch abort

post it, m8

>Work through the range issue

Just launch and work the issue by dropping a rocket on them.

Two birds with one stone.

Targeting at the very end of the launch window. JFC cutting it right to the end of the window.
ULA and the Air force knows what to do.

We are going for 18:42 with a final poll at 18:35 just to be safe.

Range issue cleared, bitches!

Why waste extra tax dollars? Just use what we currently are launching.

Press F to pay respects to sunken boat

It, and Kathy Winters gets none of my respects.
As a native Ohioan I will wang it out for Harambe any day of the week, but that boat and the evil Witch Kathy Winters never gets my respects.

who the fuck is kathy winters?

Not sure where it is and I don't have the time to search through my various webm folders. And knowing me it's probably in the wrong folder.
It's really not all that great a webm. Just a still shot of Port Canaveral with the USCG radio chatter.

Google says she's in charge of range for launches.

I'm guessing she plays it extra safe and holds off launches even if conditions are decent.

Meteorologist at NASA. Whenever a launch happens, she's one of the controllers making a go no go call for launch. Back during the Ares 1-x launch, she kept on calling out hurried no gos and attributing it to Triboelectrification of the atmosphere. During STS-133 she made an idiot call and nearly delayed the last launch.
Pam Sullivan is going down the list now.
No problems it seems

GO

GO

Updated launch time is 18:42. No problems. Polling is complete, and we're going.
6 minutes or so till launch.

GO!

ZULU CONFIRMED

>Zulu.
Little did she know, she was being carried to her death. Where she would be slow roasted alive over a fire after being impaled.

And that's the moment when I realized that the Military ruined my humor forever.
3 minutes till launch

Dubs and launch will go wrong

HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTS

1 minute. Still go.

GO AMERICA

God speed GOES-R satellite. May you revolutionize the future of Weather prediction.

>not dubs
Atlas V succeeds again.

woo!

About to cross the terminator into daylight.

TROLLED BY NASA

WHAT IS THIS SHIT

reeeeeeeeeeeee
what is this shit?

>stream unexpectedly cuts

RIP

WTF I hate Nasa tv now.

YOU FUCKING BLUE BALLERS I HATE YOU SO MUCH I HOPE ELON MUSK RAPES YOUR CHILDREN

>NASA shits the bed yet again

nevermind, we're back

>Can launch rockets
>Can't hold a livestream

I never get tired of the camera from the launch vehicle. Especially the band of light indicating the edge of the atmosphere and the Twilight terminator. Looks like it won't cross into the daylight band at all. Pity.

>That sep

HNNNNGG

Btw i didnt have time to check what this rocket is carrying. Someone tells me please.

You don't see a sep like that. I feel happy that I got the chance to see a good sep light that. Usually they don't due to the whole changes in acceleration, then the camera being obscured by the Engine coming online. But those brief moments are pure beauty.

It delivers tungsten rods to the rods of god satellite currently being constructed.

A nuclear bomb towards Russia.

It's in the OP

Satellite is GOES-R.
Here's the skinny on the matter:
goes-r.gov/

Syrian refugees straight back to Aleppo.

>Trump elected
>Makes Weather Great Again

Wups. Thanks.