How do i season a pan

how do i season a pan

cook stuff in it

don't be a dumbass and pour oil paint thinner like the last guy

coat it in grease and cook it until the oils harden and turn into a polymer coating

then simply never wash the pan again unless you want to reseason

you don't really need to

just fry a lot stuff in it at high temps and never wash it

thanks friends i feel my cooking skills reaching new heights

These guys are right. Scrub, but never with soap. Always oil after cleaning to really season

Cook tomatoes in it a lot. It helps coat it.

Salt and pepper with cilantro garnish

seasoning cast irons seems kind of gross, whats the point compared to other pans

you can break a burglar's skull with a cast iron pan.

why is the turkey on top of potato chips

Came here to ask this. Do weebs really eat like this?

you only really need to season cast iron. anything else just rub oil on it to "wet" it abit to keep the metal from searing to things or put some white wine or something in there.

I see this so often, and people laud it's effectiveness so I won't shit talk it too much, but it ain't necessary. It seems like that kind if shit that leads to ignorant people with pans with food burnt into them, thinking they've got an amazing season. Like my mom's boss who found out I cook, and just had to show me his perfectly seasoned flat iron which he proudly proclaimed he hasn't cleaned in 7 years. That shit was disgusting.

Normal people clean their iron after every use with soap and water, heat it on a stove top and polish it with fat. I use bacon fat. Just throw some in a warm pan and polish it with paper towels until there's no streaks and it's nice and shiny. That's all you gotta do.

>Cook tomatoes in it a lot. It helps coat it.

cast iron is the bestest. Its heat transference is perfection and the pan actually fortifies your meal with a bit of iron to help you play! Everyrhing cast iron touches tastes better

>you only really need to season cast iron

What about carbon steel?

carbon steel is cast iron lvl 2... so yea still needs seasoning

The main things I use cast iron for over other pans are: deep frying, for the added safety of it's weight; anything that goes between stovetop and oven, though I also have a couple all stainless pans for this.

Cast iron is only gross for people who don't know how to actually season shit. A properly seasoned pan should have a surface that almost resemble your phone screen when it's off. No black shit stuck in the corners, no bumps or pits, no visible oil.