Global Warming Human Extinction?

Let's just say the "worst case scenario" of global warming comes true.

I've seen some people claim that humans could go extinct.

While I don't dispute that billions of humans could die, I seriously doubt there would be no one competent enough to survive.

Couldn't a group of 100 or so people hide out in a "vault" with solar power, lab-grown food, air purifiers, etc.?

That's all that would be needed to maintain the existence of the ""species"". And once things calm down a bit outside, they could walk out and repopulate the earth.

Other urls found in this thread:

mudancasclimaticas.cptec.inpe.br/~rmclima/pdfs/destaques/sternreview_report_complete.pdf
ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2013/09/rising-seas/if-ice-melted-map
sci-hub.cc/http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959378003000827
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>this level of delusion
Retarded roleplaying belongs to

we wont go extinct, just imagine that curve making the way back to the 10000bc population

"The potential extinction of humans due to global warming" doesn't sound like a video game to me.

>gets BTFO in the humour thread
>"i-it's fine, I'll just find another thread to troll"

There are videogames like that too. You can check them out at or consult for more unrealistic videogame storylines.

nice argumentation!!!!!11122

I can't make a scientific argument against your unscientific roleplaying bullshit. But I'm sure will support you, they believe in all kinds of retarded things like you do.

Are you too unintelligent to understand that the premise of this thread is a hypothetical?

The only belief I've stated is that humans would not go extinct, and I was looking for people to challenge that with arguments. Which you're not doing. So please leave.

Fuck off already retard, this is a science board.

only scientifically proven data!!! no thinking allowed!!!!!

get out of your first semester on your uni to know how stupid is to say that something is "unscientific"

Yeah, lets talk about a worse case scenarion if aliens invade, or if giant squids come out of the oceans and attack cities, or if plants gain consciousness and attacks people since there's no need for scientific literacy.

Oh wait, lets not. Coz theres a board for that kind of retarded shit

Appeal to ridicule – an argument is made by presenting the opponent's argument in a way that makes it appear ridiculous.

not an argument

most science is made in a hipotetical thinking, that is proven or disprovel, why whouldnt we be allowed to think like that?

It's not appeal to ridicule. Your logic must apply to all subjects like aliens and squids, yet there's a reason why we don't discuss childish roleplaying garbage on this board.

I'm not saying don't think of hypothetical things, I'm saying do it where you're supposed to do it

>Actic shipping
>Third world extinction
>Better mining/farming in europe/us/russia/asia

Remind me again why global warming is a bad thing?

>Your logic must apply to all subjects like aliens and squids
You are actually stupid. I hope you are not wasting your time and money in a good university

The shitskins will try to invade the north.

The cucks will let them.

mudancasclimaticas.cptec.inpe.br/~rmclima/pdfs/destaques/sternreview_report_complete.pdf

Your tinfoiler friends want you back. They already made their "the end is near" signs and waiting for you

> Muricans, shitskins, negroes, bogans and abbos.
> Human

inb4 /pol/ go away

Thats true but unrelated to global warming. Thats probably the only issue I disagree with Trump.

It's sad when /pol/ needs to leak to other boards because they can't stand the cancerous echo chamber they created on their home board.

This is more like /x/, only they believe in these retarded unrealistic things that will bring an end to the world.

You keep saying that but you haven't provided any reasoning behind your conclusion. Hardly befitting someone posting on Veeky Forums to create conclusions first and then evidence maybe eventually if you feel like it, probably never.

Build a wall then.

Please don't post your chidlish roleplaying garbage on a science board then let us know what your ideal Veeky Forums should be like anyone here gives a fuck

>Couldn't a group of 100 or so people hide out in a "vault" with solar power, lab-grown food, air purifiers, etc.?

>100 people
>implying stable human population

"No"

>solar power
>implying year round sunlight

"Nuh ah"

>lab-grown food

Isn't magic you still need mass from somewhere

>air purifiers
>And once things calm down a bit outside

In a truly worst case scenario we lose plankton oxygen production and the air outside is not breathable. Do you know anyone "competent enough to survive" a lifetime in a spacesuit?

>It's the 'marginalize anyone who mentions climate change' psyop

The rubles have been moved

>I've seen some people claim that humans could go extinct.

Nonsense, it will be a century-long disaster but after all the ice is melted Earth will actually have a HIGHER carrying capacity than it does now. Our civilizations /might/ collapse (I doubt ALL of them will tho) but the human race will be much better off in the long term.

(OP)

Also your map ignores the rising sea levels and the increased rainfall this will bring, that will turn North Africa into a breadbasket and Austrailia into a paradise.
ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2013/09/rising-seas/if-ice-melted-map

Where do you expect to get your food with other more significant factors affecting crop yield going on worldwide? How do you expect 7 billion people to survive let alone maintain civilization in some areas with exponentially decreasing crop yield? Starving people won't just be staying quiet and content while the rest of the world lives in their own little bubbles happily consuming the same amount they're used to.

Far, far away from paradise.
It also seems your map doesn't mention thermal expansion of water which is a far greater influence on sea level rise than the melting ice.

>How do you expect 7 billion people to survive

I don't, the period of transition will be devastating and billions will die. But modern states are tremendously robust organisms, I have no doubt some of them at least will survive, and humanity as a whole will be in no danger of extinction, I don't think we could wipe ourselves out now if we tried, we've spread to every corner of the globe.

>I don't think we could wipe ourselves out now if we tried, we've spread to every corner of the globe.

The next major wars will be fought with autonomous drones. It won't be us doing the wiping-out.

Drone need refuelling and guiding, and no-one is going to be using drones to hunt down the millions living on tiny islands, or in jungles, or deserts, or deep in cave-filled mountains, etc etc. Even if we went all-out, carefully dropping nukes to maximise human deaths, I don't think we'd actually get everyone. Certainly, a tragic century of vast population displacements, war, and famine will set us back a few centuries, but Europe exploded AFTER the Black death, and the world the survivors of the coming Age will inherit a true garden of Eden, an Earth with considerably greater arable land and crop productivity, and in fact more inhabitable land overall than we have now, despite the loss of the US East coast and Europe.

Won't everyone see agricultural yields increase as more CO2 will improve plant activity? Aren't we seeing a global greening already?

Addressed in this, expected greening in some areas but rapidly decreasing worldwide shortly after.

Neat, I'll throw it on top of all the other disaster predictions spanning back to Thomas Malthus.

And then rapidly increasing again as the vast permafrost regions of Russia and Canada thaw out and 10,000 years of decay suddenly happens all at once.

Strange, I don't remember hearing about a Thomas Malthus in any of my STEM courses. Mind informing me about his contributions to any scientific field?

Some hack who though that unless we started to kill off the poor, we would overpopulate beyond our ability to feed ourselves. Popularized the concept of overpopulation. Chump couldn't even see the industrial revolution happening around him, which vastly improved agricultural yields.

The same thing has happened throughout history, humans innovate their way to produce even more food. Such as the ability to extract nitrogen for fertilizer.

Actually, he was an anally retentive priest that wanted that everyone to engage in celibacy. Other than that, it pretty spot on.

>the shitskins are invading everywhere
>the cucks are letting them
ftfy