/smg/ stock market general

Sell biopharm, buy tech and defense edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Attached: 1520896268761.jpg (900x1200, 219K)

B-bump

options trading is live too

Good day.
Little wary of my REIT though, it's falling back to my buy price..
another wave of pain for REITs?

nikkei

I bought about $150 in crypto on Robinhood yesterday. I don't really know what else to do. I feel that Bitcoin and Ethereum have run their course.

Checked, and buy LTC fren.

You're holding on for dividends, right? So as long as the company doesn't take a total shit and go out of business, or cut the dividend in half, a dip is a discount, yeah?

poor and retarded? that sucks, sorry to hear that

Which money market ETF should I use to park money in my brokerage?

So tomorrow. Will everything open up or will the selloff continue?

>making an smg thread after market close

Futures jumped pretty well but we're back flat now

Hey smg i made the mistake of buying 20 AMD shares at 11.80 should i hold the bag or should i sell and cut my losses?

Attached: thinking-face.png (256x256, 53K)

You should sell, AMD will always be a t $10-12

Just buy shares of $MSPC

Attached: 1521415667385 2.jpg (1200x925, 261K)

can we have like, a community poll of what to buy

and then we track our collective performance against buffet and the cuck indexes?

We all know that were all buying , BPMX , SEEK and MSPC. You don't even need to do a poll.

yeah but dont you want to see us destroy professional traders

(((Professional Traders)))

Nice digits, the moonshot already came and went for most crypto the only way I see it happening again is if it becomes "easy" for normies to buy and sell coins and there's a massive influx of speculators.

Attached: JUSTed.jpg (388x544, 199K)

INVEST IN CAMECO

Attached: 1488596968.jpg (957x1041, 115K)

>CAMECO
>$9.00 a share
>Buying that high
>Not buying bpmx

Attached: Wept copy.jpg (1500x1500, 144K)

it's a mining company, uranium prices have bottomed out. They're going to start rising rapidly very soon since numerous miners have cut production. It's basically a sure thing.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 19.10.49.png (1746x932, 129K)

Lurk more fag. We already do it. Autism Incorporated

cool it buddy

J-j-just like NAK right?

they've got a massive copper mine underway and with prices going up with copper as well it likely has a good future as well.

sell it bro

How many stocks do I need to buy to get this?

BRIP!

buy 100,000,000 shares of $SEEK or youll never get that poontang

big buy limit order showing up in the Dow futures orderbook and it doesn't seem to be a spoof, looks like something's up

thoughts on NorthWest Health Prop Real Estate Investment Trust?

7% dividend.

Shill me on bpmx

damn, bears are pretty determined to keep it down, they reversed the momentum then filled that order

fuck me

that fucking 140 point drop

can't tell whether or not it was fundamental news

buyers really need to step up or this thing will crash

its just the europoors panic selling

Partly, but also during sheer drops like this, I think a lot of the algos will actually pull what buy orders they have in the market.

Then you get massive gaps on the buy-side of the orderbook where there's like fuck all liquidity and shit just freefalls.

Here comes the mean reversion scalpers. Damage has been done though. Burgers need to bring the buying momentum, because if we get continuation of this downtrend then things are going to start to look bad on the daily timeframe.

So I got an offer from my bank, 2€ fee per transaction but I have to put at least one order per month. Looks pretty sound. Gotta find if there is no hidden fees.

>opening 25 minutes ago
>everything red

Any eurofags holding Inditex? It’s quite cheap atm.

Any Belgianbro's in here? Since we can't trade forex, what's the best alternative?

Buy Inditex, you dirty barraki

So you're saying REQ is going to bring on the next bullrun?

> shilling a fashioncompany

I bet you own a manbag.

A case to haul your laptop and your files around you mean ?

It will go up, bro.

> Buy inditex, sirs. It will moon soon sirs.

Anyone here interested in buying Spotify when it goes public? Why/why not?

Attached: 077D8883-703D-4195-8186-230B599A50B1.jpg (468x613, 107K)

Who here buying dropbox on Friday?

Attached: Capture+_2018-03-22-00-04-04.png (1440x2417, 186K)

The hedge fund is nice, but comfy sold everything to buy options now
It kind of kills the idea that we pick the stocks and maximize losses

Damn
FED shitpost power is real
We made 3 threads yesterday and the last one even survived through the night

I got rekt by this TVIX shit yesterday but it was my first time so it is kind of normal

Shall we play the TVIX/UVXY game again today ? (Trump will announce trade barriers against the chink scammers today, Cuckerberg gave a somehow autistic response on CNN and FB took a dip with a rather important volume)

TVIX / UVXY could be spicy today

Attached: 1512804300096.jpg (369x537, 30K)

>FED
don't capitalize the "Fed", it makes you look retarded

I’m not buying but I did but April 6 puts for Pandora.

FED

with politics shooting against web 2.0 services.
No thanks

Is it worth playing then ?
I think I grasped some trading lessons during yesterday's rollercoaster

Fuck you fag
FED is now a meme

Attached: 1517429635151.png (403x448, 53K)

Mornin' boys, how do you find your stocks? What metrics are you using to identify imminent swings (up or down, doesnt matter) in stocks?

Are you a trader or an investor ?

Lmao retarded

People said EXACTLY the same in 2012

YOUR GRANDCHILDREN WILL PAY FOR BREAD IN CRYPTOCYRRENCY

Not yet decided. If I just want to invest, i'd simply buy index funds over and over again, that's a bit boring, isn't it.

I want to trade, although not intraday. Some days to some weeks at most. Just raking in money on short term trends, with options on stocks.

>politics shooting against web 2.0

They just want them to pay their fair share of tax

Attached: D411BA09-320A-49C2-B906-BF95FB44113C.jpg (736x1051, 104K)

By trader, I meant day trader
So you are more like an investor then

You have to learn accounting terms, the usual ratios on Investopedia. Really, you have to read and spend time on boring shit.

Once you have a tiny grasp of all that, you screen for stocks on Finviz.

How do you screen ? It usually comes down on what kind of stocks you want. It really is like choosing fruits and vegetables in the supermarket. Of course, the criteria are a bit different.

Do you want cheap, beaten down stocks ? Screen for low forward P/E
Do you want high growth stocks ? Screen for high current P/E and a slightly lower forward P/E

And pay attention to the news and catalysts surrounding the stock you like.

As for reversals and swings, I don't rely on that. This is technical analysis. But usually a stock you think is mispriced will goo to its fair value in a few months time. I use TA when I want to enter into a stock I like.

Never wrong

Attached: 1521479037701.jpg (720x482, 56K)

I will give you an example on how I get my ideas for investigation

Let's take McDonald

I am in France and I recently see a lot of its ads in the street. They are not about any new product. They are dipicting MCD sceneries associated with global and French pop culture.

And that got me thinking, it has been a very long time since MCD has done any new products in France. Now I want to know, why is that ? What do the French management want to achieve ? Is it the same strategy elsewhere in the world ? etc

First

so many skeletal bitches getting posted today. its makin my dick sad

Buy $GERN
Going to 7.50

Morning

Waiting for the neets to wake up

Attached: FB_IMG_1521564783980.jpg (750x919, 48K)

Why are bond yields going down? Some one explain this shit to a brainlet.

Is this a result of people picking sides in the upcoming trade war?

>mfw i check my bonds short this morning
i guess this serves us right for trading shit we know nothing about

Attached: mfw all fucked up.jpg (717x550, 44K)

You're a "professional" trader. You should know.

Attached: 1521220884443.png (327x316, 211K)

Trade war concerns over Trump placing levies on Chinese imports. People are buying bonds (they're a safe haven) which raises their price, lowering their yield to maturity.

badda bitch. think i should cut and run now? dont know if itll dip at open

Flight to safety.
Look at TVIX/UVXY and FB in pre-market.
And maybe because the FED wasn't hawkish enough

Anyway, I am touching myself to see if I go back to TVIX-kun today for him to bully me again...

The Dow is down 225 points. Buckle up lads.

Attached: 1521661012624.png (700x677, 711K)

so what do we think? one day overreaction or start of a bigger move down? i'm tempted to buy this

Shit so my TMV pickup is a ticking time bomb because it's -3x leveraged on bonds?

woops

Attached: Screenshot_20180322_134206.png (906x479, 59K)

>Belgium stock market
How cute
I didn't know it even existed lol

Attached: laughing_pepe.jpg (2544x4000, 865K)

I literally don't know at this point.

We've been told things don't have to lead to a trade war, the market's selling off because it's selling off. Not because of some fundamental reason.

Bluechips will start to enter the upper-limits of bargain value territory if things get much lower, particularly with earnings expected to grow.

>Europe is down too
Nice trips.

Attached: 1521381280222.jpg (210x230, 19K)

yeah my semi short is going to fucking kill it today. tech is on fire. QQQ set to open 1.2 down last i looked. im going to try and get a better price with my bond short and wait for the market to open.

also does anyone know of any good resources for learning about bonds pricing? clearly i know fuck all about how they work. was expecting another gap up with all the action on them yesterday

holy shit you have to tell us. what are taxes on short term gains in belgium? it must be fucking insanity

>the market's selling off because it's selling off

as i look at the orderbook, I can tell you some heavy spoofing (placing large sell limit orders, then pulling them) on the sell side is going on (implying it's purely speculators driving it down - not fundamental reasons)

Not to imply there's something "wrong" with that, but imo, there's no actual "reason" for things to be dropping so drastically.

If anything, I would buy the dip

>AMRS
>ATVI
Come to papa...

Attached: bueno.jpg (904x573, 249K)

Thanks bud. I already do exactly what you said, how to look into 10-ks and all that, how to spot red flags in reports etc. I also use finviz. My search parameters are usually up/down X% in a fitting time period, plus P/E and RSI. Got any more indicators you could recommend me?

I'd like to combine both, like short sellers do. Look after some really overvalued stocks and then try to find some clues in the 10-ks to evaluate if the stock could tank in the near future. I did some research on a few companies but I didn't dare to short one yet.

Look at the damn daily candles on SPY, we broke the upward channel, we just got a FED shit post, and there was that double top that formed on the 13th. Face it, the bear is fully woke.

>Trade wars for no fucking reason
>Stocks trading at 10x their earnings
>Leveraged (((ETFs)))
>(((Facebook))) exposed and dragging the whole NASDAQ with it
>Donald Trump

We're not going to enter a recession, but what we saw in February wasn't the real correction.

This is where you understand people say investing should be boring
You have those indicators but it never tells the whole stories
I am not an expert in indicators and don't use many anyways

As for shorting, the risk-reward profile is skewed. I used to do it and it is far more scary than simply going long. The NKTR pop scared the shit out of me

yeah i think itll drop today because of a lot of tech cycling out and panic. but the market will correct itself. maybe by tomorrow, or maybe by the end of the day.

personally i love how the markets been just crushing it and then selling off lately. its been giving us some awesome swing opportunities.

kek why are you so suspicious of ETFs being jewish? so what if they are? i mean, im uncircumcised, so i got no skin in the fight, but lets keep it kosher, eh?

Attached: implications.gif (400x225, 2.68M)

Stocks may trade at multiples of their earnings because there's an expectation of future growth of those earnings. That was particularly strong due to the potential tax benefits companies would receive. The expectation of earnings growth and the implied tax benefit is still there.

But the general level of stock prices have also been supported by a low interest environment. I understand if things drop due to that changing. But idk about this trade war stuff, seems a little stupid.

I've been away for a while. BUY XXII!!!!

I have read stuff about ETFs being systemic recipient because they distort asset prices

If we look back at the 2008 crisis, it happened because a lot of debts were mispriced and people and institutions came to brutally realize they were far far far less wealthy than in reality

Do you think ETF have that kind effect ?

I don't really think so. In anything, ETFs might amplify swings in either direction when an event is up.