What do?

I've got some chicken breasts (pic rel). I usually just grill them and eat them but I want to cook them into something this time instead of just grilling.

I just went to WalMart and after careful consideration and looking at the features and prices of a couple different models, I splurged a little and brought home a crock pot. I figure it will be a good investment as I'll be able to set it up at night and have a warm breakfast in the morning, or set it up before a long day of work and come home to a yummy warm meal. In the new year with brand new resolutions... hopefully it will make 2017 better than 2016.

Anyway... if someone could point me to a chicken recipe where the chicken is cooked into the dish instead of cooked separately as a pure protein side that would be great. (like a soup or something?)

If it's in a crock pot that would be cool too - but it doesn't have to be a crock pot recipe.

If you guys can't come through I'm gonna grill it and then make a chicken salad out of it and eat it on ritz crackers.

>$4.60/lb

Veeky Forums - Google for people who want to type a whole paragraph

If you want something really easy you can make some chicken taco meat. Cut the chicken into 1-2 inch pieces and cook it with pic related for a few hours or until the chicken breaks apart and the liquid reduces. A small jar is enough for a couple pounds of chicken, no other seasoning needed.

The technique works better with pork loin or chicken thighs, but breast is good too. Serve on corn tortillas with the usual taco fixings.

>Veeky Forums - google for people that want the current opinions of the dank web

>4/10/14

If you want soup then I got a recipe for you but this shit makes like 5 gallons so be forewarned

though of course you can reduce the ingredients, but this base recipe makes 5 gallons

You're gonna need:
-1 whole raw chicken
-as much chicken breast as you will want in the final soup, I usually do 3 lbs
-3 lbs celery
-3 lbs carrots
-2 or 3 large sweet onions
-like 3 or 4 tbsp chicken soup base, not boullion
-24 eggs
-5 lb bag of flour
-salt, pepper

1.set the whole chicken in a giant stock pot and fill it with like 5 gallons of water, turn the heat on. put a lid on it.
2. you're going to want to boil the chicken in the pot for 3-4 hours or so, or until the meat is no longer on the bone. during this time, chop your veggies and chicken breast into bites and set in the fridge.
3. when your chicken is done, strain out the solids. add the cut up chicken breast and chicken stock, salt, pepper.
4. after a few minutes, add all those veggies.
5. let it boil till those veggies get soft. if the broth is bland, add more chicken base and whatever other seasonings you'd like. I recommend garlic powder, Italian seasoning.
6.now, you wanna crack all those eggs into a big bowl. then, add half the bag of flour and a bunch of salt. mix it up. your dough is likely too thin, so add more until the dough is thick enough to make solid balls of it. (think biscuit dough consistency) be sure to taste the dough and add more salt if needed, and don't be a pussy raw eggs won't hurt you.
7. take a normal teaspoon/tablespoon and start taking half spoon fulls of dough and put it in the soup. swish the spoon of dough around in your boiling soup to get the dough off easy. keep doing this until all dough is gone.
8. mix your dumplings around and cover/boil another half hour, then test a dumpling. if the inside of a smaller or more medium size one is still dry, boil more etc.
9. there's your big ass pot of chicken soup. freeze the leftovers and you'll have soup for like a year.

chicken n dumplings?
why not just make stock with whole chicken, make soup with stock, cut canned biscuits into quarters, roll in flour, drop in soup, cook til plump and done in the middle?
you could add the chicken back into the soup and have enough for a couple days.
it reheats well, but it tends to thicken more each night.

Are chickens harvested?

I like the egg dumplings better desu. They're super thick and filling. also eggs are cheaper than canned biscuits

>1.set the whole chicken in a giant stock pot and fill it with like 5 gallons of water, turn the heat on. put a lid on it.

>Step 1 of recipe
>5 gallons of water

Fuck off redneck. Take your dishwater soup bullshit elsewhere.

Huh. Not a lot of suggestions. Is chicken an ingredient that can be cooked into dishes or is it just a meat that people eat by itself?

It doesn't seem like a very versatile or useful ingredient to me at this point. Not sure why I even bought it.

>large quantity of food = redneck

sorry I like to make a large amount of good food in advance to feed myself for a long time

>redneck

Look, grandpa, the term is white trash in this timeframe. Either take the train to where it's going or get off at the next stop.

Flyover AF

Make a chicken pot pie

chicken and dumplings

You sound like a working class chump. I bet you thought it would be a great "investment", how you would wake up to a warm, healthy breakfast to start off your long day. Maybe, you even had a couple thoughts about all the other nifty little uses you could find for the thing, how it would help you cook healthier meals in general, shed a couple pounds off the old gut, boost your confidence around work and with the ladies. Yeah, maybe that slow cooker would start your life cooking again, wouldn't it? I can see your strained hands holding the box and reading through it carefully at the store. A little bit pricey, but you're the type of guy who thinks everything is more than you can spend, aren't you. And look what happened to you. Look what the slow cooker did to you. Fucked you over, and made you clean it like a useless bitch. You don't even fucking like oatmeal. Piece of shit, you've been repeating those three words your whole life, haven't you. Yeah, how was work after that piece of shit fucked you over? I bet it was on your mind the whole day, you probably didn't say shit to nobody. Can't be telling people about your mistakes. How your little fix yourself plan, failed you. Don't want people to start thinking you're the failure. You're the piece of shit, all along. You don't want that do you? You don't want to be the piece of shit everybody secretly whispers about, do you? Was your father a piece of shit like you? I bet he never had a slow cooker. He had a woman, a house, a damn good job. I bet it's slow cooking you the fuck alive, isn't it. Comparing yourself to him. How one day when all the steam runs our of your life, you'll discover how you're nothing more than burnt shit to be scrapped off and thrown in the trash. Argh now I need another beer

>I bet it's slow cooking you the fuck alive, isn't it

Stop buying chicken breast, user.

Get legs and backs, or just other, cheaper parts.

The chicken breast is the worst part of the chicken, but also the most versatile and easiest to cook, so its demand is highest. Other stuff is way better and way cheaper, and definitely not hard to make.

nice pasta/10, would copy

butterfly them, pound them until they're flat, then lay down some deli ham and swiss cheese then roll the whole thing up into a sort of chicken cordon bleu roll. stab them through with toothpicks to keep them together, egg batter them and roll in bread crumbs if you have to