What's your favourite brand of tea?

What's your favourite brand of tea?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailyedge.ie/barrys-lyons-tea-review-775608-Jan2013/
blog.englishteastore.com/2012/06/15/irish-tea-debate-lyons-vs-barrys/
deandublin.ie/bite-irish-life-golden-moments-extra-flavour-barrys-v-lyons/
thejournal.ie/the-taoiseach-weighs-in-on-the-ultimate-irish-fight-barrys-versus-lyons-975002-Jul2013/
teasource.com/products/earl-grey-white-tip-black-tea-blend
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Recently discovered Prince of Peace at this local chinese grocer.
Pic related, my new evening go-to

Weak teabags there user. Yorkshire pisswater.

Any reasonably priced earl grey for me

>drinking brand tea bags
>not loose leaf master race

lmao

Step aside.

I like their gold tea a lot

savages dont know about that teapig tho

store brand english blend black.
maybe i'll branch out but i don't drink it that much.

I like Bigelow. My favorite tea ever is their Plantation Mint, a lot of their other teas are good too.

Gladly, I wouldn't want to accidentally touch that swill.

These are really nice, but cost a fortune. It's 10 quid for a box of 50, i'd go through that in about a week.

This, it's hardly even more work (maybe two minutes to clean out my press) for a massive difference

Why am I looking at hamster food?

Christ 20p a teabag that is daylight robbery that is, daylight robbery I tells yer

I drink Twinings. Am I pleb?

thoroughly

Does it make any difference that I'm 'murrican?

same but its the only brand that has oolong in stores around here which is my favorite

you wouldn't do it otherwise.

>in stores
you're on the internet right now

i hate waiting for tea to be mailed to me plus every site i go to has like a million oolong teas and i dont know thta much about it to tell what it will taste like

Oh it's on motherfucker.

I like Prince of Peace too. I recently bought a huge container of their loose leaf Organic Golden Monkey tea that I'm working my way through. It's delicious.

But, for my morning tea, I have to have a strong Assam tea with milk. That's the perfect start to my day. I can't live without it. Right now, I'm just finishing up my container of loose leaf Kalami Assam (golden tipped), which is my favorite.
I decided to mix it up for once next though, and bought a blend of Kalami Assam and Darjeeling.

No. Twinnings is a great everyday tea, especially their loose leaf varieties. I call them the best "grocery store" tier tea.

Of course it pales compared to specialty and premium teas, but you'll never get a better price/quality ratio

Man, some of you guys are super elitist about tea.

I have been told by everyone who has tried tea I make that I make the best tea they've ever had and I would never right a ton of paragraphs about what's pleb or not or infusions. It doesn't take a genius to tell what will taste good unless you're like one of those people that also refuse to use spices in cooking.

Tetley's tier

since this has devolved into an elitist pissing match (of course, it's Veeky Forums), i'll just post my favorite bagged tea.

alright kids, enough goofing around, the adults will take over

This, unlike brewing coffee (unless it's by a machine or instant) tea takes a lot of time to prepare both ways (bags or loose).
Just get the best thing, and it's loose tea, but if had to go with bags i'd go for Twinings.

>tea takes a lot of time to prepare both ways
What? It's maybe five minutes waiting for the kettle to heat up and 30 seconds for steeping with loose, three minutes with a bag.

I've been getting 1/3 kilo bags of sencha. Tastes good enough and cheap. From Japan, so not too much lead if I want to put it in a blender with stuff. Chinese tea can have too much if eating the whole leaf instead of just steeping it, because leaded gasoline remained in use there as recently as 2003. So avoid shitty Chinese matcha.

Do they even sell these outside Turkey?

Cancerous plastic tea pyramids

this stuff is amazing

>tea temples
>its real

>30 seconds
What. Even with loose leaf it's 2 to 5ish minutes. Also get a fucking electric kettle, mine boils within a minute.

whoever throws a bag of earl grey at me

oh fuck off you CUNT

That looks like a waste of coffee, which already requires way more resources than tea when brewed ground.

BEST TEA COMING THROUGH TAKE A GOOD LONG LOOK

Yerba mate

Gong fu proportions nigga. Use more leaves.

You'll love Coles

god tier

Coca-Cola

I honestly can't choose. There has been extensive research and debate about this

dailyedge.ie/barrys-lyons-tea-review-775608-Jan2013/

blog.englishteastore.com/2012/06/15/irish-tea-debate-lyons-vs-barrys/

deandublin.ie/bite-irish-life-golden-moments-extra-flavour-barrys-v-lyons/

An taoiseach has said he's a barry's man

thejournal.ie/the-taoiseach-weighs-in-on-the-ultimate-irish-fight-barrys-versus-lyons-975002-Jul2013/

My absolute favorite. There's lemon lift by bigelow that I love too, though. I've not tried a whole lot of varieties of bagged tea, maybe ~12 kinds total, plus like 5 or 6 loose kinds. I could drink a cup of cardamom tea instead of water every time, though.

I'm a tea pleb, but my gf loves mint tea. What's the best brand so I can buy it for her like a little beta bitch that I am?

>Not buying loose leaf tea by the ounce from your local tea shop

kys plebs

I get a LOT of my tea from crepes tea house

This. Although a lot of people's ability to do this relies on having a good shop to go to who you trust.

Good loose leaf tea is GOD tier in comparison to most commercial brands, it isn't even funny. It's the equivalent to the taste difference between a fine single malt scotch and Cutty Sark.

Starting my day off with 3 relaxing infusions of Bai Mu Dan here in burgerland senpai.

Green tea with mint? Or just herbal peppermint? Get some dried leaves and a french press or something to use as a pot and there you go.

I used to do that. Now I spend less ordering online. The place has made itself "unclean" by serving meats with some of the sample platters.

Best tea.

Pretentious much?

Whats with so many brits spending more for bags to use at home every day? Are they not allowed teapots or what?

In what way does that make the place unclean? I presume they are inspected by the health inspector.

yorkshire, milk 1 sugar. i drink so much i cant be assed to use a teapot

Only $2.50 - $3 for a box, and it's delicious.

In France, I couldn't find any green tea without mint. Is it because they're all disgusting smokers?

Weak-willed non-tykes whose bloodlines will not survive the winter.

I like to have different brands for specialty tea.

But Barry's is like my "regular" tea

I put 1/4 cup sugar in my tea

dunno but i love green mint

Green tea with mint is a Moroccan thing, so that's probably why.

PG Tips is my favorite that I drink everyday. But then, I'm American, so do I know about tea?

this tea is pretty good, but my favorite part is sucking the bag dry before throwing it away

usually cold by that point, but it's such an amazing bitter taste, so much better than the tea in a mug

Brits are worse if it makes you feel better

>0 calories
>America's favorite tea

You're free to add sugar or some other sweetener.

Are you joking, Lipton is bad even by bag standards

no not joking

Once I transferred over to gongfu brewing I have a hard time going back to bagged/western style brewing. Don't get me wrong I still love herbal tea for evenings, but there's just something magnificent about brewing with a gaiwan early in the morning.

Seriously, fuck bagged tea. It's the fast food of tea drinking.

>Don't get me wrong...
>Seriously, fuck bagged tea. It's the fast food of tea drinking.

Make up your mind you bipolar fuck

What kind of heathen hole did you crawl out of? I can't stand Lipton. Have to squeeze in lemon and a lot of sugar to make it remotely tolerable.

>mfw the best shit never leaves china

Where can I get good quality Earl Grey ?

I like this stuff.

teasource.com/products/earl-grey-white-tip-black-tea-blend

Start Track is boring only pedophile turbonerds like it

Thanks I'll give it a shot

David's Tea over priced but delicious

This stuff is pretty good and so much healthier than other sugar waters :DDD

I don't know but the one you posted is one of my Fathers favorites. : )

We teaheads who worship loose tea are like the PC elitists of /v/. We know of the purity it unfurls, every cup is our masterpiece. Checkmate teabaggers.

don't be a dick

It's not elitist to say tea bags are garbage compared to loose leaf tea. It's the simple truth. The broken up tea dust in tea bags is universally low quality.

Is it like whiskey, like where there's Protestant tea and Catholic tea? Or is it just national preference, like the way we Americans fight over Coke vs. Pepsi (which is embarrassing enough).

even low-tier loose like harney& sons and twinning is powdery.

Pic is indeed the best tea on God's Earth.

This comment made me atheist.

Perfection :D

>lord of the rings alphabet on a confederate pork smoking board

used to have a lot of that as a kid. do they still sell it?

you should probably stop doing that considering they've found lead and other contaminants in there, but you should be fine just drinking the tea.

It's from a Dutch store
Their Earl Green is the only thing i've been drinking lately, not that expensive either