Mac n' Cheese

Is there any specific guide on how to make good Mac n' Cheese?
Can I use any cheese I want? Do I have to use a white sauce?

> noodles/pasta
> cheese (I'd recommend Parmesan, Edam/Gouda, and a little cheddar)
> butter and a little milk

Der u go

>> butter and a little milk
you fat bitch that's nasty

Obviously you don't use a whole vat of butter and gallon of milk, you absolute mongrel.

> less than a quarter of a stick of butter
> a few tablespoons of milk

These things help keep the mac from turning into a giant glob (like yourself).

>These things help keep the mac from turning into a giant glob.
or you could, you know, stir it.

off yourself you stupid american

I used goat cheese and mozzarella
turned out pretty good

forgot to mention i made a roux at the start and added milk as i went on

A little bit of mustard powder is a good addition.

pasta+milk+cheese+crockpot = how its done

No need for a guide, friend. Your friends at Kraft already perfected mac n' cheese.

Will you faggots stop blaming everything on Americans? This one doesn't even make sense. Americans love butter and milk. This board is insufferable sometimes.

this mac gets tiring sometimes

Everytime I eat this I start to feel mildly dizzy. I think there's a preservative I'm allergic to or something.

The general recipe for this is:

Bechtel (look up the exact spices) + 4 cups any combo of shredded cheese (sharp cheddar based usually because it doesn't curdle as easily) added in off the heat in multiple additions+a small squirt of dijon mustard. Add some crumbled bacon after melting the cheese in if you want proteins.

Make 8 oz of Mac like it says on the packet. Drain and stir in cheese sauce, transfer to casserole dish.

Cover with some leftover cheese+buttered breadcrumbs (mix like a quarter of a cuo (preferably panko) with like a tablespoon of melted butter)

Pop on a 400 degree oven for 20 mins to brown the top.

Your done big boy.

Bechamel, not Bechtel

>Noodles

Fucking stop.

you're both wrong. bechamel is just roux, milk, shallot, wine, and nutmeg. mornay is a bechamel with cheese.

you can try this one from ramsay's new fuck off cookbook
ofc you don't need the 4 different cheeses and breadcrumb topping and all that shit, but it'd probs be pretty nice
havent tried it myself tho

Fixed your pic.

All you need to do is taste. Whatever it tastes like going in, that's what it'll taste like coming out. People only fuck up mac and cheese because they think ovens are some kind of magic device that will turn plan shredded cheese into a delicious sauce. No asshole, you have to actually make a sauce if you want a sauce.

You can do the roux, or you can mix milk and cream cheese. I prefer milk and cream cheese with a fuckton of fresh parmesan and then just enough cheddar for color.

just make kraft dinner by the directions on the box. it'll turn out perfect.

there is no shallot or wine in a bechamel, and since you want to be picky about terms Mornay is bechamel with Gruyere specifically

now you can mix it up and use shallots and wine or make your mornay with cheddar, but then you've made something else and should call it that

you fucking stormweenie

don't ever post here again coalburning fuckface

this desu. nutmeg is nice as well

Gnocchi shells with gorgonzola and some other cheeses

Go back.

How do I turn mozzarella into a gooey liquid. That's all I want to know.

best mac and cheese I made I used large pasta noodles and just saved the cheese packet. put in real slices of cheese when mixing it at the end

>bay leaf
>star anise

Leave it to ramsey to turn a simple classic into a jerk off competition.

Make roux
Add milk/cream to almost boil
Melt in cheddar
Make pasta
Mix
Season as you want

If you want to bake it
Oven at 375
Mix in 1 egg as the pasta cools
Top with breadcrumbs/more cheese
20-30 min until cheese is set on top

Guess you skipped over the word """pasta""" you absolute mongrel.

> derrr reading is hard

They changed it a few years ago and now it tastes like shit.