So i have decided starting next tuesday i am dropping caffeine that way i have around two days to let the headaches...

so i have decided starting next tuesday i am dropping caffeine that way i have around two days to let the headaches wear off before needing to go back into work anything else i should watch for?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15448977
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

caffeine withdrawals don't exist

it's just a meme liberals came up with

then why have i experienced them before? and why am i only sleeping at max 4 hours a night? i need to quit bottom line

Self fulfilling prophecy. You believe you will experience withdrawals and expect them, therefore your body will gratify your strange desire.
Just drink decaf.

You cannot be this stupid. (I mean, you ARE clearly, it just should not be allowed.)

You literally cannot become addicted to caffeine; caffeine withdrawals do not exist.

Any so called "withdrawals" you experience are pure placebo, case closed.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

I checked on google but I couldn't find anything that supported my argument. I'm telling you it's true though.

I dropped caffeine for 5+ years in an effort to be healthy.

I was horribly depressed the entire fucking time, even while working out and eating right. I just struggled to feel like a normal person every. single. fucking. day.

It wasn't until I recently started having one cup of good strong coffee(from a local roastery, not some cheap garbage) every morning that I suddenly felt like a human being again.

I will never drop it again. But I will also never increase my intake of it.
Just one cup, and the rest of the day I drink water.

I feel better now than I ever have in my entire life.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15448977

You can literally just google "caffeine addiction study" and you'll find out that you are literally wrong. literally.

I believe this guy who has no evidence, scientific or otherwise, where science and every anecdote says otherwise.

>anything else
how does coffee effect your bowel movements? if it facilitates them then you should consider adding in more fiber to compensate for its absence

Sticks and stones.

I'm just trying to help people out here. Once you realize that your problems stem from an idea in your head, so too will you realize that you never actually had any problems in the first place. But okay sure, insult the one guy who just wants to help.

Retarded help is still retarded

>everything on ncbi is a credible study
fuck off liberal

I dunno dude. I've had a cold since monday and haven't had coffee since sunday even though I was a two-cup-per-day kind of guy and have been drinking coffee every morning since I was 16 and I'm 21 now. I felt dopey on tuesday but I'm sitting here on thursday still headache free.

There are some things you just can't teach, user.
Some of our brains are just wired differently where we can pick up and drop any "addiction" without any real problems, while others will just fuck their whole lives up because they can't make themselves turn around and walk away.

It's not "on NCBI", it's a paper published in Psychopharmacology, a respected refereed journal with a decent IF.

Why would you skip caffeine when you have a cold? It helps open sinuses and clears airways. It's in almost every over the counter cold medicine.

>Why would you skip caffeine when you have a cold? It helps open sinuses and clears airways. It's in almost every over the counter cold medicine.
I just didn't feel like drinking coffee desu. Couldn't tell you why. I didn't even realize it until I read this thread.

Not going to argue with any idiots who deny caffeine withdrawal in contradiction of decades of medical research.

My experience: while I get minor headaches, after about 2 days, I get pretty severe muscle aches in my legs and particularly my buttocks, enough to be debilitating. I don't know anyone else who has this symptom, but muscle aches are listed among known potential symptoms.

My advice is to not go cold turkey mid-week. Either stop drinking caffeine Friday morning, so the withdrawal hits over the weekend, or drop to 2/3 usual intake, 1/3 intake, and 0 intake over the course of a week.

A.) that isn't how placebos work, B.) caffeine IS an addictive drug, in fact C.) many drugs (like caffeine) are addictive or have addictive properties/effects.

You need some eddukayshun, homie

I'm sold

>i am dropping caffeine

bad idea. caffeine is very good for you in moderation. I drink two cups a day. I cannot function without coffee, and coffee has cured me of many ailments.

>I cannot function without coffee
I bet you love telling people this every morning, or let your novelty mug do the talking for you.

Not understanding sarcasm is a sign of autism.

Why has this been popping up so much on Veeky Forums lately? Is it just one autist, or do people actually care about common social hyperbole?

coffee/caffeine cured my sleep apnea, hemorrhoids, extreme lethargy, and inflammation.

Coffee had a life changing effect on me, and for that I am forever grateful.