/publix/ general

get in here southeastfags

>pic related, me caressing my subfu

publix opened near me a few months ago. what exactly is the appeal? their selection seems to be worse than the average grocery story (especially for beer).

my friend told me he likes it for their pre-made stuff, is that mainly why people like publix?

maybe ur publix just sucks but its mainly the comfy atmosphere that no other place can say they have

maybe it's because it just opened, but i'd call publix's atmosphere the opposite of comfy. too many workers go out of their way to ask me if i need any help. i mean if its just one guy then i appreciate the gesture, but its like the guy on the security camera is tracking my location and telling every single employee to come and help me out

i kind of like just browsing the aisles and looking at the options, i don't really want or need anyone to try and get me in and out ASAP.

also they didn't have self checkout, so fuck that noise, i'll stay with Harris Teeter

well you sound like the opposite of a normy

a normy loves these things and having no self checkout because they like the interaction

and being catered to like a baby

What type of subs does the place get? We get Boars Head here in the PNW

publix carries boars head as well. God tier chicken finger subs though.

Some Publixes (Publices?) Have self-checkout.

Mostly, what sets Publix apart is their bakery and deli. Until very recently, it was also the only supermarket I could get Inca Kola.

Lets stop bullshitting. What makes
Publix stand out is the lack of niggers. Prices are high so it keeps welfare using blacks out and that's why the store is so nice and clean. In my area there's like 3 publixs that are all super nice and in the middle is a Walmart that is infested with apes and is without a doubt the shittiest store I've ever been to.

This is undeniably true. Publix are more prevalent in upper middle class neighborhoods, so less niggers and more high school/college kids. Also the population of milfs and hot college girls in yoga pants is exponentially higher at Publix/Whole Foods.

>what exactly is the appeal?
As someone who currently works at Publix and formerly worked at Kroger. The main appeal, at least as Publix sees it, is better customer service. And even if their prices are a little more expensive the products themselves are better. Which goes from meat/produce to deli and even the off brand dry grocery stuff they carry. Also, they're known for "bogo" weekly adds, meaning buy one get one free, or half off(where I live anyways), which often times are actually on name brand items and are thus better than Kroger or food lion's sales.

That being said, if you ever consider working for publix, do yourself a favor and don't. All the benefits they tout to you when they hire you on take years to start taking effect, and they're slowly but surely taking them away from employees as time goes on. Couple that with the fact that they require a ridiculous amount of work out of people, it just isn't worth getting roped into.

The stores are nice and clean because they make their employees constantly maintain it. Three hours out of a night shift stock clerks time is usually dedicated to straightening the shelves.

They literally force employees to talk to every customer they pass.

Most normies like one or two people saying hi and asking if people need help, but even the normiest of normie doesn't like being harassed.

>t.nigger
Yes that's true. But they baterly get messy cause there are no niggers and they don't higher nigger either. The one I go to in my area has 2
Blacks I've seen working there. One is super lanky and gay and the other is super preppy looking. Again, if I walk into Walmart every nigger who works there has a face tattoo and gold teeth.

I'm not black, but there are plenty of black people working at mine. The clientele itself is less black though, I won't deny it.

Unfortunately my local publix recently fired all the old white ladies that worked in the deli/bakery and replaced them with Haitians.

Its now impossible to get timely service, they dont smile or say hello, just talk to eachother in creole. I've yet to see one of them change gloves or wash their hands.

But the worst of it is the food has gotten worse. I ordered a chicken tender sub that was ice cold, they skimped on the ingredients, and they were "out" of lettuce. How does a grocery store run out of lettuce?

rip publix

I hate when ethnics do that, shit should be I!legal.

Leave a noose as a tip next time.

Go speak to the manager. Raise hell about it if the workers are not only providing subpar products but are working in an unsanitary environment. And if the manager doesn't care report them as a potential health hazard.

I got a Reuben from them yesterday and the girl who made it was a str8 up qt 3.14

>employee-owned
Oh my G-d, that sounds like gommunism!

>Also the population of milfs and hot college girls in yoga pants is exponentially higher at Publix/Whole Foods

God yes. Yet another reason I love Publix

>pubelix

I was visiting Florida 2 years ago and because I had heard so much about these publix subway sandwiches, I decided to grab one.
It was an egg and ham sandwich, just basic shit.
Well day after I had eaten it I got massive diarrhea and vomiting, it was food poisoning from the sandwich.
Ruined my entire holiday in Florida.

Fuck pubelix, I hate that disgusting shop.

God, I wish. We get a ton of them at the store I work at and it's worse now because all of the women come in wanting to use their fucking bulk coupons so they can return the shit at other stores for store credit.

I've never had publix subs before. What do you guys recommend?
How much does it cost usually?
How would you compare it to wawa sandwiches?

god tier ice cream

>dat chocolate trinity

>hot moms at whole foods

fuck year. There are 9/10 womens at my local whole foods on the reg. I havent been to a Publix in a couple years though. There are usually zero niggers in whole foods also. VERY nice stores.

>all of the women come in wanting to use their fucking bulk coupons so they can return the shit at other stores for store credit.

The fucking audacity of these "people". They're fucking up logistics all over the place and wonder why they're despised

Mine has self-checkout. You should let them know that you want it tbqh, maybe they can add it in eventually.

It's gotten to the point where a few grocery managers have basically said "screw corporate" and stared being assholes to them. It's hilarious to watch.

Publix subs are the way to go

Mojo pork braised nice and slow

Fresh veggies cut by hand each day

No frozen lettuce like Subway

Ultimate with Swiss is what I crave

Get to work, my sandwich slave!

Tendies deep fried, made to order

Just a pound? Make it two and a quarter!

Five grain bread, perfectly toasted

My Publix poem will now be posted.

Has anyone seen Janoy cresva working

Used to have this dude that would sing me Disney songs while he made my sub. I hated it. I went without a sub sometimes if he was the one working.

Someone posted his nutrition related youtube channel on Veeky Forums like a year ago but now I can't find it. He quit working there and became a ladyboy. Strange dude.

Eat another bag of dicks you faggot.

Stay out of my beautiful Publix.

LOL@op

BOGO is simply a response to Winn-Dixie competition.

Publix is about being spotlessly clean, someone bagging and carrying out, and good store brands. The subs are nice, the fried chicken gets awards. They hire and promote from within, and the retirement is nothing to laugh at, being a privately held company. They have some don't-sell-your-privacy corporate policies that should enthuse the IT and intelligence community.

Call corporate. That n onsense will change overnight. Managers are supposed to fix your issues, immediately. No questions asked. Need to return something? Item missin on sale? WTF, it's free now. Customer is always right. Do NOT take this shit laying down. Being pissed off is not the Publix way.

>How would you compare it to wawa sandwiches?
Nothing wrong with wawa, pretty decent variety there and a chain being run right, but publix is better :P I'm going to say fresher.

That sucks man. You might actually be able to complain to someone about it. Publix sucks customer cocks like there's no tomorrow.

My Publix deli is monopolized by a bunch of Easter European women. I assume they all know each other. They're very friendly and make good food.

>tfw I can still order the falcon's sub

MINE

MINE MINE MINE MINE, IT BELONGS TO ME

underrated

i've been posting this on irc for the last hour

ty for it

The Publix shilling is getting old. The only time I ever go in one is when I don't feel like dealing with white trash and niggers in Walmart. Also they're fucking expensive.

DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO EAT A BAG OF DICKS!!!1!!