Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hkPPn5ycsnc
youtube.com/watch?v=b3dxTsJHzvI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post the recipe you drunk haggistani

those look pretty gr8

scotch eggs aren't actually scottish

fuck heritageamericans are embarrassing

I made scotch eggs once and they came out horrible. Fuck you OP, I spent a lot of time on them and the fuckers still didn't come out right. Eat shit.

I can't cook to save my life so I buy mine from the butchers and deep fry em, eat them with crusty bread , green leaves and a creamy mustard

Burgerclap btw
For my crust I use a heaping 3/4 cup each of almond flour and grated Parmesan mixed with various herbs and shit, but fuck it, just use a heaping 1.5 cups of breadcrumbs you fucks
Don't be a fag like me

>8 eggs
>Whatever seasonings you think would be nice
>1 lb of sausage, I use burgershit breakfast sausage, ask an actual britbong what kind of weird sausage to use
>AN ACTUAL TUB OF LARD
>A deep fryer

1. Softboil 6 fucking eggs, put them in the water, let it come to a boil, turn off and cap it, let them sit for 12 minutes. Soak in ice water for 5 then peel
2. Get your sausage and mix it with herbs and spices. I'm serious, go wild. I mix it with pulverized fresh sage and parsley (teaspoon of the former and about a tablespoon of the latter) but seriously, just use whatever you think would taste good, in whatever amount.
3. Separate sausage into 6 equally sized balls.
4. Get dried off eggs and surround each of them with one ball of sausage. You should have five more or less evenly sized sausage balls with an egg surprise inside.
5. Crack the two leftover eggs into a bowl, beat well
6. Coat each sausage ball evenly in egg by dunking into egg bowl, then roll in breadcrumbs. Make sure to use one hand to hold liquid egg convered sausage ball and one hand to roll it in breadcrumbs, otherwise shit's going to get real sticky, real quick
7. After each egg has been coated in crumbs once, repeat step six. Each egg should have a double layer of breadcrumbs.
8. Heat up your lard to exactly 350°, no more, no less.
9. Using tongs, dunk sausage balls in two at a time, making sure to hold them suspended in the oil for a second or to so the crumb mixture on the bottom doesn't stick to the bottom of the fryer. Fry evenly for around 5 minutes at exactly 350°F, then use tongs to move sausage balls to plate covered in paper towels to absorb any excess lard. Make sure to let drop as much as possible before moving to plate.

TO BE CONTINUED

Fgt lol

CONTINUED
10. Preheat oven to 350° (what else?). Get baking sheet, put all six animal protein balls on it, and put them in the oven.
11. Bake for around 5 minutes. This step is just to make sure they're cooked fully through the sausage.

WA LA, you're done. Slice one in half and dip it in some curry mayo or some sort of stone ground mustard mayo concoction and you're good to go.

Really, it's up to you whether you want to bake them after you fry them; you could just fry them for longer, but that does run the risk of burning the outsides. Either way, either method should work, it's very flexible.
If I seem to have left out any details, ask away and I'll help out. Shit's great, y'all should make some.

>aren't actually scottish
But what are they then? Welsh?

In Belgium we name these "Vogelnestjes" wich translates in Birds nests.

Recipe (4 persons)
I
ngredients:
- 8 eggs
- 900g mixed minced
- pepper
- salt
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- nutmeg
- knob of butter

Steps:

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil the eggs hard. 9 to 10 minutes. Keep one uncooked egg aside for mincing.

2. Cool the eggs under cold running water and peel them. Put them aside.

3. Take a large mixing bowl and add the minced meat in it. Add a pinch of salt and some pepper from the mill.

4. Break the extra egg and add to the mince.

5. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the meat and grate some fresh nutmeg.

6. Wash your hands and knead the meat to a firm, but not too dry blend.

7. Now you can make the "bird's nest". Roll a meatball of about 5 to 6 cm thick. Put the ball in your hand and push a hole in, the size of an egg. Place a hard-boiled egg into the well and knead the meat around. Press the meatball well and roll the meat through your hands until you get a smooth boulet enclosing the egg seamless.

8. Place the "bird's nest" on a large plate and keep them aside.

9. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.

10. Put a frying pan over medium heat, melt a knob of butter.

11. Enter the "bird's nest" a golden brown crust. Roll the meatballs regularly here for. The bird nests need not be cooked inside.

12. Place the rinded "bird's nest" in an ovenproof dish and bake 25 to 30 minutes in the oven at 180 ° C.

This is the recipe of a famous belgium chef. At home we don't ad nutmeg. And have and alternate recipe. If I remember correctly

(it's possible you have to boil them shortly before, this step make sure your meat isn't raw anymore)

9. Cover the ball in breadcrumbs and deepfry them for 9-10min at 175°
We usually eat this with tomato saus and mashed potatoes

>Mix one diced egg into the sausage
I like it, it's brilliant. And I'll definitely take some of that.

>Scottish eggs

Why do burger blobs do this?

English.

Here's a good video recipe for scotch eggs.
youtube.com/watch?v=hkPPn5ycsnc

Scotch egg. It's a scotch egg you american fucking role-playing blob of lard.
This. REEEEE

>Veeky Forums - Food & Cooking
This IS the general

Who appointed you hall monitor? Until you give some indication you're a mod, fuck right off!

Individual threads of homecooked food items are head and shoulders above the average fast food or /pol/tard bait threads. You want to bitch, then bitch about them.

I think the reason mine didn't come out last time is because I didn't peel the eggs. So when you ate it, you had to kind of eat the sausage and then peel the egg. It really took away from the experience.

>Not smoking your eggs for superior gas.

did you consider this at any point during the cooking or was it like, nah, surely the outside will just dissolve away

The recipe didn't say you had to peel them, I assumed it would cook away into the sausage and not be so off putting.

I did it once with a soft boiled egg, and a mix of sourdough and rye crumbs. Fucking incredible. Basic sausage, though.

No no, he mixed a raw egg into the mince, like you might for a meat loaf. Confused me a little at first, too, since he says to set an egg aside for mincing. He meant to say set an uncooked egg aside for the mince.

youtube.com/watch?v=b3dxTsJHzvI

Oh god, I love scotch eggs. LOVVVVVVVVVVVVE

I haven't ever tried to make them myself, but I would enjoy a real recipe for English sausage so I don't have to use the sage-heavy breakfast sausage. What's the recipe to mock up some real English sausage like the link sausage they use? Can someone point me to a recipe? I make sausage myself from scatch often, using my food processor, so I don't mind making it, just want it to be real.

Pork, rusk, sage & seasoning. That's it for a generic British pork sausage. You can just reduce the amount of sage if you like.

>& seasoning
detail?

Salt.
And pepper.

>>Scottish eggs
>Why do burger blobs do this?
>Scotch egg. It's a scotch egg you american fucking role-playing blob of lard

Sounds like some buttmad europoors
And I do know their name, you silly geese. I called them as such in my recipe.

Language barrier. In British English, "mince" or "minced meat" is what American English refers to as "ground" meat. Mincing in American English is chopping the ingredient into fine pieces.

>not eating your scotch eggs deviled style
fuck outta here

>I was only pretending to be retarded

We have hundreds of different types of sausages. We don't just have a single type of sausage that we call our English sausages.

All of them probably get used for scotch eggs.

There's no such thing as "British English".

It's called "English". Everything else is called "incorrect".

Tried to make Scotch eggs once.
Forgot to take the shell off.

that looks pretty exciting, i love deviled eggs

This really seems like a "I took a picture for Facebook!" kind of recipe.
Do people really make this as their meal? This is a real question, who actually eats this on a regular basis?

It's not.

It's mostly served in pubs. It's a snack like you would have at a pub.

You got me!

It's hard to believe you all actually exist, but some lessons have to be learned the hard way, I suppose.

Like the other guy said, it's a great pub food.
Additionally, it makes a pretty damn good breakfast on the go. Slam it in the toaster oven, get dressed, and have a toasty fat & protein-filled cholesterol ball on the way to work.

That looks amazing.