I got guilted into helping represent the USA in a cultural festival and we are trying to think of food to serve that...

I got guilted into helping represent the USA in a cultural festival and we are trying to think of food to serve that represents the USA that is not too difficult but can serve around 100 people.

I was thinking a hot dog bar where there are themed topping suggestions for different states (like chili cheese for ohio, some sort of avocado thing for cali, etc) since it's relatively easy prep and can feed a lot.

Do you think this is a good idea? Any suggestions yourself? (Pls not too many meme answers)

pizzas

You can make empanadas

Burgers. This is burgerland.

I was just about to post this

And some apple pie too.

>United States: Apple pie, Buffalo Wings, Fried Chicken, Hamburger, Hot Dog, Macaroni And Cheese

make batches of all these. like 20 people batches per food

some hideous """casserole"""" made with two types of packet soup, a bottle of ranch and tater tots

Some ribs and Bufallo chicken wings would have been my non-Burger answer, but hot dogs would work I guess, good luck :)

RIBS

As much if a meme as it is, Burgers is honestly the most representative American thing out there. It's also relatively cheap compared to their things like wings, pizza and fried chicken. You can still do the different topping idea too if you'd like.

Pretty solid idea but i think burgers would be more fitting, even though hot sog customization is more easily done in your setting

Also a california dog is what we call a danger dog. Its a bacon wrapped dog with jalepenos and onions that is normally sold by whole mexican familys out side of sports arenas and other events

Burgers, caesar salad, green chili, barbecue

sounds delicious

Barbecue pork ribs with cornbread.

If you roll with the hot dog bar idea, you can rep the PNW with cream cheese and grilled onions for toppings. It's everywhere up here, and it's fucking delicious.

Burgers, my dude.

BBQ, Gulf seafood dishes, Cajun, burgers, hot dogs.

apple pie, key lime pie, cobblers

Just call the closest fast food chain resturant and ask the what the latest product they want you to consume is.

Then buy that.

You could make some ""

Trump steaks

Bigass bbq or smoked pig will taste sublime if done right, and will serve loads of people with ease. Just make sure you get your temps right and season to high heavens, and use a nice piece of meat.
Soul food is another example of something delicious and easily scalable and servable. As well as brownie points for ethicness.

Go more southern and make a Giant pot of gumbo. Easy to make and easy to serve I can give you a recipe if you need one

100 McChickens

America has no culture.

Watirmelinz and chiginz.

Remember to get something for vegetarians. Like beanburgers or something.

Tacos