Good minor for a cs major

as a cs major, should I minor in statistics, philosophy, linguistics, or other?

ik people will say "whatever you're interested in" but i like all I think

>as a cs major

I am so sorry.

Stats for the data scientist meme

Both of these:

>CS Major

Congrats.

Electrical engineering

Major in CS and minor in 'How not to kill yourself'.

This is the only combo that allows you to graduate.

And no... people don't tend to drop out of CS.

Minor is irrelevant if you are a cs major so just do literally whatever you find interesting and easy, emphasis on easy because you are studying to become a CS guy not a expert on Russian History

Maths is the most versatile option and the most based, too.

Statistics!

>good minor for a cs major

Mathematics is always the answer... ALWAYS!

Why is data science a meme? Are there a lack of jobs for the field?

No I'm just saying it's a meme because I hear people promoting it every day in my uni, kind of life copypastas.
I think the demand for data scientists is actually pretty high and it pays well, at least that's the case where I live (Switzerland)

Thanks for the clarification.

fpbp

It does, at least here in NY. Theres a shit ton of funding for it in colleges. It's really fucking useful too.

Frankly, you're too stupid to do anything useful. Since you'll annoy everyone in your classes no matter what you pick, major in women's studies and give them hell.

Why

There's definitely an abundance of jobs atm, but it's not clear what data science is, and many roles are being confused with business intelligence or data analyst stuff, so it's not clear what people want. When it either turns out the majority of data scientists can't deliver, or it's revealed that companies do not in fact need data science, the bubble will crash, and there will be fewer jobs.

Holly fucking autismo

topkek