Is civil engineering a womens degree?

Is civil engineering a womens degree?

Affirmative action, OP.

oh ya

It really annoys me, trying to push women into STEM because: "We need more women, obviously, it is 2016." Yet, academia is supposed to be a meritocratic institution and still is, heavily, for men. I guess fallacious arguments: of appeal to emotion and chronological snobbery have more weight than the objective worth of a person, regardless of gender, creed or ethnicity.

>Do you love jerking it to 14 year old animu girls or boys
Asian Studies/Japanese
>Does "Dark Ages" trigger you
History
>Deus Vult
Religious Studies
>Do you play sports
Communications
>Do you find everything to be literally rape
Women's Studies
>Did you start with the Greeks
Classics
>Is everything you don't like just a social construct
Philosophy
>Do you want to decolonize your mind
African* Studies
>Do you love cheating
Chinese Studies
>Do you want to kill people and get away with it
Medicine
>Do you want to fuck animals and get away with it
Veterinary Studies
>Are you a communist
Anthropology/Sociology
>Do you want to ruin people's lives for a living
Family Law
>Are your parents connected
Law
>Do you struggle with basic arithmetic and are not a "reading person"
Education

Are computer scientists jobs going to be shipped over to pajeets?

That's pretty brutal, user.

They are cheaper than 1st world programmers, but you'd sure as hell get what you paid for. They can't properly communicate in English, they write shitty code, and don't even bother to debug for errors.

They are the textbook definition of: code monkey.

>do tubes give you an erection
>do you love playing with clay, dirt, and sand
>do you fucking love legos
Yes, Yes, and fuck yes
Logically I must triple major and get 150k starting

That gives me an idea that probably is already used:
Step 1: hire a bunch of literal code monkies (~10 indians paid at near minimum wage)
Step 2: hire ~3 competent programmers and maybe 1-2 interns perpetually to keep fresh blood in this higher system, they will be pretty much QA
Step 3: Tell the code monkies to do something, and have them give their code to the ~3 programmers and interns to make it work
Step 4: write a news article on why globalism is the inevitable future despite it being shit for literally everyone but you and your fellow elitist buddies

No because civil engineering basically is "king of trade-lets"

construction is to men as minnesota is to democrats

My Uni touts 50/50 M-W ratio for engineering*
>For the 1st 2 years

Are the female, or for that matter, male students worth their salt, or it is an affirmative action mandate?

Minnesota almost flipped Republican this election, they are probably one of the least Democrat Democrat states right now

given that licensed civil engineers need to be fucking sponsored, no

this is a shit question and a shit thread op

yes

no, this is the dumbest meme on sci. CS majors are seldom unemployed, and if they are they probably had no internships or a shit gpa or they just can't code. The whole "pajeet" meme was created about math majors who were trying to rationalize that they picked a better major than CS majors, but in reality CS majors do easier work and get paid more on average

mad cs major
you wouldnt have lasted in math fag

>wouldn't have lasted in math
math is fucking easy they definitely have it easier than physics majors and most engineering disciplines. I chose CS because its less stressful/easier, higher pay on average, and I don't particularly feel the need to prove to people that i am intelligent on some anti-intellectual, shit heap of a board,

>computer scientists jobs
>computer scientist
the only jobs they're losing are that of being a programmer, aka a "code monkey", who has absolutely no say-so in what they're working on

Software Engineers will remain project managers because Pajeets don't have that skillset and are brown.

by the way, a "computer scientist" works in a research setting in either academia or industry. Those jobs aren't going anywhere [spoiler]I hope[/spoiler]

>>Is everything you don't like just a social construct
>Philosophy
But that's sociology user

Civil Engineering is one of the easiest engineering fields to get through academically, but its still tough.

I just landed an internship for the local municipality. I have to work at a sewage treatment plant this summer and into the fall semester.

Its a shitty job if you ask me, but I seem to be wading through the mud quite well. Number one rule at the jobsite, don't bite your fingernails.

>Is civil engineering a womens degree?
in my class of graduating civil engineers from upsate new York university in Buffalo (huge awesome school) there were something like 5% females.

In my experience it is not a field with many women.

>Civil Engineering is one of the easiest engineering fields to get through academically,

nah man, the environmental engineers were a real joke. Plus structural design is not a joke, I don't get why people think designing buildings is easy.

its not easy, but its a fuckton easier than fluids and thermo2.

>Thinks he has to get a degree with the word "computer" in it to get a job programming.

typical cs brainlet

You must not realize that thermo and fluids and hydraulics are all required courses to get a BS in CE. The fluids is necessary for all the water / fluids related infrastructure design and the thermo is needed for pretty much everything.

Whatever guess people are just misinformed about civils.

NOPE

Where I go, there's Fluids, Hydraulic mechanics and Hydraulic engineering. As a civil engineer, I don't have to take fluids. Mechanical Engineers take fluids.

Civil Major here

There's literally no women in this major
90% males, and the 10% hardly pass as women
All of the qts are in architectural engineering

Where did this meme come from anyways?

Low average starting salaries. People think its women lowering it.

idk, women don't like to get their hands dirty. I heard civil involves "on site locations."