Hi, I'm sorry this is a retarded question

Hi, I'm sorry this is a retarded question.

I was given some really nice meats as a gift. One of them was a nice chicken breast. It's pre-marinated and vacuum sealed pretty tightly, I put it in the fridge to defrost yesterday morning so it should be good to cook tonight.

My problem is, it's pretty thick, about 3.5-4 inches... How the hell do I pound it flat while it's in a vacuum seal? do I just drain all the juices in the pan and then just beat it outside the package on a cooking board? Or can I do it in the seal?

again I'm sorry this is dumb but I can tell this piece of chicken costs alot of money and I don't want to fuck it up

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2015/04/the-food-lab-why-chicken-pan-sauce-better-at-restaurants-make-at-home.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just sear 2-3 minutes on each side.

then just low medium heat for 3-5 minutes till it's 160 inside?

so I don't have to pound it? I thought you always had to do that.

Nah, quality meat shoeld be eaten med rare.
Don't pund, just squeeze it down while frying.

>Don't pund, just squeeze it down while frying.
No, don't do that, there's essential flavor and moisture in that moisture you squeeze out.

OP, brown the outsides and then toss it in the oven if it's too thick to fry

ok, thanks man

if this thread is still up later I'll take a pic how it turned out

nice b8 m8

Don't be fucking retarded. You don't need to pound chicken breast. If it has been marinating, bake it in the oven. Searing it could end up just burning the sugars in the marinade. If you do sear it, finish it in the oven.

hey dude

Yeah I decided to put in the oven at 400 for 25 minutes with a parchment paper over it, came out fucking FANTASTIC. Had a little cayenne pepper with it too

best chicken I've ever had in my life.

I didn't sear it, but it didn't matter, was so juicy and just wow. Never had chicken that good.

>i didn't sear it
wew, enjoy your salmonella i guess.

Looks pretty fuckin good....why not have some kind of side with it?....maybe roasted potatoes and a veggie?. Either way id eat it op.

Damn, that there looks like a tasty morsel. I do believe you can cook whatever you want to now.

Sometimes I forget 90% of the people who post here can't cook at all.

I'm glad you didn't poison yourself with user's advice. That looks really good.

What else were you given?

well... fuck. I'll try not to do that then next time.

I just had some salad with it, I just took that pic right after I took it out

I'm trying, believe it or not Veeky Forums has helped me alot, I went from knowing nothing to knowing a little bit. But I realize alot of learning is just doing it and figuring out what messed up

I'm trying dude, I don't want to be that guy that can't cook

Thanks man it was good. I was given a whole a bunch of shit from chicago steak company, pic related, not even all of it (shitty quality camera)

rib eyes, filets, sirloins, tomahawk ribeyes, t-bones, porterhouses, hamburger patties and 3 of the chicken things I just cooked. probably the best gift anyone has ever given me.

Damn that's a serious haul. You can probably start to really learn how to cook meat with that shit. Just look up advice on steak cooking and you'll be golden. It's really easy to make a good steak but hard to make a perfect one. Just don't try to sear anything on nonstick cookware because if you turn the stove up to searing temp the pan will burn and poison you/make your food taste bad. Get a small cast iron skillet if you don't have one. They're very cheap and a good investment even if you don't cook too often.

Don't fall for the bait, you don't need to sear it. Just raise the internal temp according to food safety guidelines. Always check what you're told against a reliable source.

Good to hear. I don't know why people are being retards and giving you shit advice when you genuinely want to cook something decent that isn't ramen or tendies... searing just adds a flavorful crust, but as it was marinated it would burn the sugar.

>rib eyes, filets, sirloins, tomahawk ribeyes, t-bones, porterhouses, hamburger patties and 3 of the chicken things I just cooked.

goddamn. is this what heaven is?

seriouseats.com/2015/04/the-food-lab-why-chicken-pan-sauce-better-at-restaurants-make-at-home.html

You should sear your food and then put it in the oven, both to add flavour, and because the fond can be used to make a nice sauce

Who is this psuedo Mia Wallace? I like.