The Great Debate

For me its flour

sand

Depends on what I'm using them for

Corn tortillas are reddit. Flour tortillas are truly for chan.

Both are good if you do them yourself. Flour tortillas have more fat, either lard or vegetable oil. Corn tortillas are Nixtamalized ground corn with water, only. For burritos, flour. Anything else corn. Above all, homemade.

Corn tortillas are the best, but only when they're extremely fresh and still hot. Once they cool down, they become vastly inferior to flour. Your best best is to make them yourself.

What about a 50/50 mix?

I don't really eat tortillas so idk

why even post

Curiosity mostly.

Curiosity killed the cat you know

I appreciate your curiosity.

Flour if warm at a restaurant, corn if you're at and can toast them in a skillet for a minute.

I found some "healthy high fiber" one that are made mostly of wood pulp/"cellulose fiber". They're only 50 calories each, and taste pretty good as long as you dont overcook them, because then they literally turn into cardboard.

Do cats like tortillas?

Corn, without a doubt.

They're okay reheated. The thicker ones are pretty good lunch fare. Fresh is always best but a reheated flour tortilla isn't really any better than a reheated corn one.

>and taste pretty good as long as you dont overcook them, because then they literally turn into cardboard.

Fuck yeah dude. Everyone likes tortillas so why should Mr. Whiskers miss out?

For me its the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

What I want to know is why do flour tortillas cost so much more?
Corn tortillas are 35 cents, and the same size package of flour is like $1.29.
Corn is my preference, also has less calories. Downside is they fall apart really easily.

There is no debate, they're used for different occasions. That's like "debating" what is better to make a sandwich with, a hotdog roll or a regular sandwich roll. It depends what you're eating and what you like, and in some instances they're interchangeable.

Dubs confirms it

I like corn, but not doubled up like so many places do. I just like one.

The second one is there to catch anything that falls out of the first one so you can make a second taco with it.

May I interest you in some 600 corn tortillas?

Corn if I want to make a particularly crunchy shelled burrito, flour if I'm only going for a quick golden-brown toasting.

Well, that explains why this place is terrible.

I like to use the flour tourtias for quedades and buritos.

Corn to eat with my chorizo and eggs.

Both are good for different thing.

This.

corn

people who prefer flour just didn't properly steam their corn totillas.

>steam
>corn tortillas
>steam

No.

It's an important step after they're cooked to get the texture right. All you really need to do is stack them up while they're still hot and flip them from time to time.

I like wheat/grain more than either.
Corn fucking sucks the fat one though, awful.

Corn for chicken, flour for beef.

although corn is more authentic like everything white people do flour is better.

Assuming that we're talking the shit you get at supermarkets than probably corn.
I'd rather have home made flour tortilla's with tons of lard though.

Flour tortillas only beat corn tortillas in making a quesadilla or a burrito. And if you are using blue corn tortillas, then flour doesn't beat corn in quesadillas either.

What the fuck are you talking about? They both have very different uses.

He's right, until I got a tortilla warmer my corn tortilla's were no bueno. Now they are much more agreeable.

you're a fucking moron.

'tortilla warmer'? that might work, with flour tortillas, although it's a fucking waste and will just warm them.

you're supposed to slightly scorch or fry tortillas. both corn and flour. ideal is a grill. second best is cast iron skillet with oil.

This this this. Both can be really good or really bad quality. And both have different uses. You don't make burrito with corn tortillas. For tacos and fajitas I like corn because it's less filling. But if the flour tortillas are dank, I'll take that.

corn tastes weird
flour MASTER RACE!

It obviously depends on what you're eating, I would never eat tacos de carnitas with flour torillas. Likewise a burrito must be made with flour, not corn.

>Tacos
Corn
>Burritos
Flour
>Fajitas
Corn
>Enchiladas
Flour
>Quesadilla
Either corn or flour, depending on filling
>For toasting/base for other food
Corn

Flour tortillas are flour and water only

Corn tortillas are garbage

Autism

No. Lard is added to the flour tortilla dough.

t. Routinely make both corn and flour tortillas.

Lettuce leaves. Not even a health nut, love the texture, and it makes me think I'm eating something out of a cartoon set in the woods with fairies and shit. Magical.

packaged corn tortillas suck dick. they're only good for soaking oil.

they don't reheat worth a damn and they fall apart

if i happen to be around an abuela of course i go for corn

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Are you from Europe or something?

Corn tortillas are for jungle niggers from deep southern Mexico.
Flour tortillas are for white people.

>harlaus posting on Veeky Forums

what does the butterlord have to do with tortillas, you dirty rhodok?

>dank

>debate

Sorry you know and consider flour anything to debate about when it comes to maize

Give me a break just let this nonsense go

I have to agree. Flour tortillas are literally only good for tacos. Flour trumps them in every single other thing.

Dont @ me

corn has to be warmed up before it's usable, before that it just falls apart
flour or flour/corn mix is great for burritos

Potato

always flour unless you can get a small ammount of corn. Corn may be better yes, but it dries faster and becomes brittle over time quicker, in the quantities you can buy it, unless you eat mexican food every day it is better to get flour. obviously doesn't apply to specialty corn tortillas

how adorable

Doesn't matter corn or wheat, tortillas are the most overrated flatbread.

Multigrain chapatis with some sourdough culture mixed into the dough >>> pita > frybread > lefse > corn tortilla = flour tortilla.

POO
O
O