Kkjhg

j

Depends how fast the water is flowing out the tap
Fast: 1
Slow: 3

Depends on the inlet flowrate, the size of the pipes, the material of the pipes, the elevations of each tank, and the size of the tanks. Too many variables missing. The first 3 can be modeled as a CSTR, while the last can be modeled as a semi-batch reactor.

To many unknowns to say for certain, we don't know what liquid will be coming out of the faucet, we also don't know what planet this is on so gravity could be different and the substance could just float away so it's a stupid question really.

Holy hell.... Every time with Veeky Forums. You don't have to go full autism. If they're asking a question and not giving info, you can remove the common negligible stuff and advanced stuff.

Ignore losses. Also ignore flow rates, based on the nature of the question. Assume slow fill with no losses. I would say 3 and 4 fill at the same time.

RREEEE (but I kek'd)

Hypothetically based on the connecting channels, the answer is 3. The straight ones are at the bottom and will drain quicker.

Oh my god without asking, "What is full?" Or trying to muse about water pressure and what planet we are on. The answer is 3.

Okay, I'm on mobile so I can't circle them. The 1st tube is at the bottom of container 1, so it will leak early into the top of container 2. The 2nd tube is at the bottom of container 2, so it will have the same effect as the first. The 3rd tube connecting container 3 and 4 is angled/curved upward and would require pressure to fill container 4.

The answer is 3.

>without asking, "What is full?
Yea, is 3 considered "full" when it's at the height of the entry to 4?
Good to see Veeky Forums not falling for the ambiguous question facebook bait this time.

The whole system will loose pressure. It's relying on gravity. It's just a garden spout. The water will naturally run down into chamber 3 but there won't be enough of a push to get it up the curved spout into chamber 4. Chamber 3 would probably overflow before even filling chamber 4.

The 3rd tube connecting container 3 and 4 is angled/curved upward and would require pressure to fill container 4.
That's wrong. Once the height reaches the invert of the opening to 4, the water will not rise in 3 until 4 fills to that height. Then both will rise at the same height.

Looks like 3, if you consider up to the point when that spout starts emptying into 4 "full", because if not, 3 and 4 will be full at the same time.

That's not true. The water level in the S spout will at any time be the same as the water level in 3, clearly 3 can reach the height of the end of that spout.

>The 3rd tube connecting container 3 and 4 is angled/curved upward and would require pressure to fill container 4.
Nigga do you even communicating vessels

Sorry, my first line was supposed to have a >. Not sure where it went. I was quoting that guy and calling out his error.

Ah I was wondering why you replied to me lel
You're still wrong though.

I'm not wrong. The water in the tube leading to 4 would be the same height as water in 3. Once it starts to spill over, no more water would accumulate in 3 until 4 reaches the same height. How would 3 fill before 4 if they are at the same height?

We are talking about overflowing container I presume. 3 would "fill" up until the invert of the outflow pipe before 4 sees any water.

Dit is gewoon wet van de communicerende vaten.

>Also ignore flow rates
hey guy's how much do i weigh on planet x just ignore the mass of the planet tho what are you autistic

kanker
it's a perfectly valid simplification retard

>we also don't know what planet this is on so gravity could be different and the substance could just float away so it's a stupid question really.

Hou je kankerbek dicht mongool, ga je mbo studie afmaken

What fluid we talking about here, low viscosity engine fluid or pitch?

Glass actually

>Also ignore flow rates
I hope you're baiting and not just retarded

It's a garden spout dammit.

3 unless the water flows faster than 1 to 2 can drain

This.

How is this similar to tanks 3 and 4?

The question is framed as though nothing is limited by flow rates. To solve the problem, it's a fucking necessity to disregard it. Why are you still demanding it when there's no other info given?

Wrong. Unless you define full as "almost to the top."

It's exactly the same, except it will be staggered in OP.

I...wil say....4.

The tanks in your pic are not level and do not have the same kind of spout. OP's diagram have tanks 3 and 4 at level. What is going to push the water over the curve in the connection between 3 and 4?

If the flow of the valve is too fast tank 1 will overflow. If it's at a reasonable/lower rate it will be tank 3.

It looks like three, but like that one fag said, if the flow of the initial point is high enough, one will be first.

The water is unaware of the floor of tank 4. The water in tank 3 will push the water up the spout. When the water in tank 3 reaches the height of the opening to tank 4, the spout will be full and overflow into tank 4. The spout fills up as tank 3 does.

I'd like to add that this kind of "brain teaser" that is designed "to make you think" does absolutely nothing but cause squabbling. Is practicality dead?

This.

You're a fucking idiot. If the water flows fast, number three will get the water from 2 in addition to the overflow of 1.

1, the flow of the water will be so high that the volume evacuated will be inferior to the volume entering.

>If it flows fast then number three will fill first because number one will be full and overflow into number three
I hope you're being ironic, user, because just just said that.

The matter escapes the faucet at an initial velocity so fucking high it instantly disintegrates the pen-line-thin bottoms of tubs 1 and 2. None of the tubs fill.

The tap doesn't seem to be connected to a pressurized water source they all become full at the same time in this case.

Yeah but 3 is before 4 so logically 3 will be exactly full a nanosecond before 4 because the water has to reach 4 and it takes a little longer

> 3 will be exactly full a nanosecond before 4
Water will overflow from 3 to 4 at whatever rate it's coming out of the tap.

I'm glad to see UQ's research making a contribution to this board.

fuck you faggots, I think it's 2

3&4 will overflow at the same time first, assuming inlet flowrate is low enough to not overflow 1.

this
Assuming an ideal fluid. Maybe the liquid is pudding though, in which case 1 would do it first.

It's hard to deal with ideal fluids like you can with ideal gases. Most common gases behave close enough to an ideal gas that we can pretend that they are one in all but the most extreme circumstances. Fluids though always have properties of adhesion, cohesion, viscosity, and others that make them impossible to generalize. For a small system such as this with wide enough pipes over short enough distances, you could assume an ideal fluid. But unlike gases, that assumption can't almost always be made.

seriously Veeky Forums, this is fucking basics

>number three will get the water from 2 in addition to the overflow of 1.
so that means number 1 will be already full.

This was literally posted on an African Facebook group I'm in. Let me get their responses to see if Veeky Forums is as dumb as an average Nigerian.

Was thinking the exact same thing
user is a fucking lord of autism

Most are saying 3 or 4

>It depends
>3
> It can't be 3
>Check it well
>Am sure of what am saying
>Their is no way the liquid can go up to 4
>How is it 3? Explain

Yfw Veeky Forums is literally the same as a Nigerian Facebook group

That's not how water pressure works

Am I being trolled? both 3 and 4 overflow at the same time.

>Am I being trolled?

Yes

Since when did Veeky Forums allow livestreams?

>Literally can't answer the question without missing info
>"lol ure such an autist just dont actually answer the qustion and make up an answer instead xd"
Kill yourself

3 and 4 will be full at the same time.

the tap is full first

Ure de new zen masta now.

It's 4. The lowest side of 4 isn't even close to the lowest side of 3, so water will spill out of 4's right side long before 3 reaches the top, ending the filling cycle and endlessly spewing water from the system.

>assuming 1 fills slower than it drains

Now thats autism done right.

No axes and no ground indicated, so we cannot be sure the direction of gravity.

3 and 4 will fill just about simultaneously.