Would you teach high school students?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no.

And heck, I probably would not even teach university students unless I could teach a room of Dr. Terence Tao's wife's sons who would immediately get concepts and wouldn't ask me dumb shit.

I would teach them to fuck but that's about it.

i wouldnt make a good job

I'm an inoffensive looking meek manlet. So only in a majority white suburb. And even THEN they'd probably still beat me alive. Teenagers are like dogs they can smell weakness.

I only tutor them for money. It turns out that most of them are failing courses in things like geometry and precalc because their algebra is horrendous. Literally, if you give these kids an algebra test who are presumably expert enough in it to be in precalc, you find that most of them would fail.

Absolutely not.

The majority of high school students not enrolling in an honors or AP class are doing it with college not in mind. If you enjoy dealing with loud, dirty, and annoying children who put their iphones over their education and refuse to do their work because of the "when will I ever use this?" argument, then this is the job for you.

However, if you plan on becoming a teacher who has AP classes as their majority, then go ahead, students enrolling in those classes actually bother to listen.

???
can't professors in the us just literally keep you from graduating if they just dont pass you or something? have you expelled? or doing anything like that?

I would not teach a class that wasn't AP or IB or whatever. Teaching a regulars high school class is probably what hell is like.

Sounds alright. Then again my high school was for goody-two-shoes pansies.

Fuck no. My stepdad's a teacher. Highschool students are the possible worst. Even tho more mature ones still pretend to hate learning.

>Dr. Terence Tao's wife's sons
They'd be teaching you, user and you're the one going to ask dumb shit.

maybe, yes. some of my school teachers really changed my mind about work and beeing an adult. they were a model for me.
I like math and physics thanks to them. I am now beginning physic oriented studies, and i will not stop until I'm engineer.

some of them are worth my esteem.

Is algebra really that hard to people? I don't see how anyone can have trouble with basic shit.

Probably i would teach some math in a private high school since i'm not stupid to get into a public high school

Would be pretty okay-ish since i think i would teach a little bit there and get to work on the real shit some hours later
Also i would like to teach how cool can mathematics be and how can they help you with lots of IRL problems that my students could use to everyday life

And no Veeky Forums, those who can't do, don't teach but do literally nothing

If you don't get some appreciation or interest from math at an early age, you will probably just learn to memorize stupid shit instead of understanding it. Shitty professors don't help either. I mean, algebraic manipulation is remembering you need to maintain your equality.

Yes if there were hot stacys willing to suck me for a grade so I could then fail them.

Yes, but only as a hobby and with groups of 2 or 3 motivated students (they don't need to be particularly good at it at first - actually, it's more fun if they're not - but I want them to apply themselves), otherwise it'd be unmanageable.

I do and it's not bad

Teacher here. Can confirm.

How many students have you fucked?

Only if it was an honors class or in a catholic school.

>high school
nope.

but i've actually gone back to school to become a middle school science teacher
>old enough to understand sarcasm
>young enough to still have some respect for authority

Kind of, it's not something they can do on their own and students can definitley fight against it. If the school cares about their kids whatsoever, which most schools do contrary to popular opinion, they will see if they teacher is just trying to be vindictive and tell them to stop being a dick and pass the kid. That is to say, they will be required to pass the kid provided the kid can prove that they are fulfilling the requirements of the course to the school.

Mind you, there are some teachers that just pass people through and then only selectivity enforce the rules on students they don't like. I.E. "Everybody gets extra credit for showing up today, except you, Jimmy, 'cause reasons..." And that just would mean that Jimmy would actually have to try to pass the course, which is probably gonna be a good thing for him in the long run because he's more likley to actually learn shit that way.

As for expulsion, no. That's not something individual teachers can do.

True story but good luck getting the AP classes, EVERY teacher wants those students

If only they'd taught you English.

I would rather kill myself desu

I teach AP calc and physics to seniors in a rich white rural area. If it was anything short of this then no.

>be HS teacher
>you get older, girls stay the same age
>?????

I see nothing wrong with this.

Hahah i didnt even care, i just wrote that to make you type up paragraphs. Didnt read LOL

High school? Never.
University? Maybe.
Graduates? Yes.

get a masters degree in math to teach fucking trig functions for the rest of your life? jesus christ

didn't meant to quote, sorry papa.

>EVERY teacher wants those students
I was an all AP/Honors student and we fucked around just as much as the others, the only difference is that we had a work ethic to speak of (or cheated)

If I did I'd probably end up blowing my brains out within the first year.

>Hahah i didnt even care, i just wrote that to make you type up paragraphs. Didnt read LOL
Then you wasted your own time.
But everyone who read it did not waste theirs.

It is a bit safer to teach high school if it is a subject matter like mathematics, where students, parents, and administrators can't try to argue that you're being subjective or biased in the grading.

Yeah I have the patience for things like that. But would probably prefer like first or second year university students. The material is kind of engaging and you still have your brain and energy intact as opposed as if you were hacking away in the code mines 8 hours a day at some company..

Isn't this from that movie about the guy who teaches a bunch of mexicans calculus? I wouldn't wanna be that guy, that's for sure.

AP teachers actually have to worry about AP students cheating more than any other class because they care the most about having high grades.

I misread the title.
Is it a condition of my profession that I too must be high as I teach???

LOL you wasted your time too then! Eye for an eye! Hahah

I do as a teachers aid.
It actually gets EASIER the higher up you go in classes.
>Algebra 1
>Have to teach kids who forgot pre algebra basic concepts like fractions, moving numbers to a side, basic time tables, ect
>Algebra 2
>Have to teach the kids who should be retaking Algebra algebra from scratch so they can understand what is going on
In both cases I have to basically fight with the kid to put in any effort at all.
On the other hand
>PreCalc/Calc/
>Help kid understand something he is only having one issue on but wants to figure it out
>They actually put in effort
>They are actually thankful that I helped them

This is the biggest difference between teaching classes kids have to take and classes kids choose to take.

As a University student I would say:
Just design exams in a way that "cheating" in the traditional is not possible. 2 different styles of paper, same problems in different order.
Plus, not 'calculate me'-problems but more over designing them in a way you have to apply the concept they learned in class. It's AP after all.

I wouldnt mind teaching so long as I have small class sizes and students who arent complete assholes.

Pretty much this. I know this is hard for a lot of you STEMfags to comprehend but people who never took an early interest in mathematics usually also received a shit tier education which only exacerbated their trouble with mathematics. You would be shocked at how ignorant the general populous is.

t. someone who could barely do basic arithmetic into his mid 20's

I'm planning on doing just that. People get a shitty education and I want to do my best to do good for humanity by making kids love math.

They say that all you have to do to make somebody love something is to make them watch somebody work at that thing lovingly. That's my goal. I won't reach everyone or even most people, but I will reach enough to know I made a positive contribution to society.

WATCH IT CYLONS

7 grade science teacher here.

The MPM (memes per minute) I deal with is suicidal.

Nope. I did not do all this time in college to go back to highschool. If I wanted to teach highschool I would have gotten a teaching degree out of highschool and left it at that.

Fuck no

One of the best teachers I ever had was my high-school calc teacher, I don't know how the fuck he does it

I'm tutoring high school mathematics and it's unbelievable how little these kids understand of everything.

After 3 years in high school, they still make errors with basic algebra. I basically have to spoonfeed them routines to plug in their calculator so they can pass their test. Whenever I try to explain them why things work the way they do, or try to give them some intuition behind the mindless pre-packaged calculations they do, they don't understand anything and want to move on.

Only if I can give them subtle redpills on non-whites and fags.

I agree 100%. Trying to teach someone basic algebra is the most frustrating thing ever.

>giving red pills to someone who can barely pass algebra
You wouldn't be helping them, you'd be creating angry hillbillies. People shouldn't get red pills until they are smart enough to actually understand what the data means.

>middle school
>respect for authority
Man what kind of middle schools have you been hanging out at?

>thinking mathematical understanding in and of itself makes one intelligent

THIS.

I'M TIRED OF YOUR FUCKING MEMES, YOU LITTLE SHITS. THE BOTTLE FLIP WAS ONLY COOL WHEN THE FIRST GUY DID IT, STOP PIGGYBACKING OFF HIS FUCKING SUCCESS AND INVENT YOUR OWN FUCKING GIMMICK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

>cant understand math
>expect them to understand statistics and how to read and interpret study results

>bottle flipping
>dapping
>harambe
>FIST ME DADDY
>"I Hate white people"
>deez nutz
>what a savage
>goochi

I can go on.

Yes, that's the movie.

He took that top 20 math students at a school of 2000 and taught them calculus.

Working now a substitute teacher. That "the higher the grade the EASIER it is" rule applies from early grade school on up. Maintaining discipline is much harder in the early grades.

Noooooo nohooo, nooooooeeeuuuw nope nooo
[math]Noo_{Noo_{Noo_{Noo_{Noo_{Noo_{Noo_{Noo_{Noo_{Noo_{Noo_{Noo_{Noo}}}}}}}}}}}}[/math]

The only match high schoolers really need is how to balance a checkbook, double entry book keeping, and statistics, so they can understand why black people are criminals.

>Harambe
>Dapping

Fucking hell, dude.

This shit triggers me ALL the fucking time. I need to stop posting in this thread because if I hear ONE MORE fucking normie-tier meme from these kids again, I'll go goddamn postal on their hebe-pubertal asses. "Going postal" meaning that if they don't stfu, I'll stop pulling my punches when it comes to grading their essays and assignments.

Then we'll see who's so "savage" now, won't we, Ken?

for a million dollars, yes

Now a days.

Fucking hell no.

This is the problem with present day.
The kids have become so out of control, and the parent's are negligent when it comes to discipline.

The future of the human race is doomed.